Savannah, GA 2011

Today starts our annual trek to Savannah, GA for some alone time and relaxation.

We generally go during the Fall around Veteran's Day (THANKS VETS!!) and the first couple of weeks of December. We celebrate our anniversary (9 years!!!!) and relax after my fiscal year end at work. Even though we live in the Charleston, SC area (Chucktown) we LOVE Savannah.

Yes we are lushes and love Riverstreet and the Historic Distict for that, but we also are somewhat foodies and think they have the best seafood in the low country. And the area is a great mix of southern charm, nightlife and peace.

So after I have my coffee, and Tony recovers from a night out with my BFF and husband, we are leaving Columbia, SC for Savannah.

Food pics, several some maybe a drink pic or two, and some scenic shots to follow.

Now I need coffee and Tony needs to wake the flippin up!!!!!

Note, we just found out that Columbia has a Wet Willy's. The men enjoyed Call a Cabs while us women watched them slide that grain alcohol train to oblivion. Lovely "intelligent" converstaions from the men after that.......and somehow it is all my fault........

Later, I am dreamin of my first pound of crawfish from Bernie's.........Heaven.......

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my short pumpkin woke up to ask why I "let" him drink as much. He got the rolled eyed whatever response.

After Getty ready we headed to BoJangle's for greasy bisckets and fried tators. Nothing better than grease the morning after:

aa310df4.jpg

Then hit the road for Savannah Hyatt. Scored an early checking. Not our room view but from the hotel:

44dab603.jpg

Then Bernie's for crawfish. My pound before and after:

90bb6614.jpg

f2650bd4.jpg

Yes the heads were sucks.

My FIRST beer:

7e445c58.jpg

Love the bridge shot. Hey tell Paula, H said hello and if she needs any more recipes let me know. Glad ya'll are having a good time. :)

Come on where are the updates? Your married so you shouldn't have anything else interfering with a real time trip report!

You did see the beer post right/ she said it was her first, I guarantee it wasn't her last. :rofl2: Hope you're having fun Gina :wave1: :heart:

As Doodle said it wasn't the last beer. In fact, hubby needed his Guiness from our favorite bar, Kevin Barry's.

0c800e59.jpg

He twisted my arm and I had one too. Also enjoyed a Harpoon Winter. Nice beer with a clove taste.

Then we needed a Nap.

Then we hit Moon River for their Porter and some onion rings. Service was lacking. The Porter has a strong smoke flavor.

c96bc3a8.jpg

b162142e.jpg

Then hit another favorite, Murphy's Law. They have great fried bangers and tators. We passed on those for another evening.

We made our way to a new place for us, Crystal Beer Parlor. Enjoyed dinner there. I enjoyed a 21st admendment brew and Tony a NB Snow Day. We had some green mators and split the 3 way combo of shrimp, oysters and scallops. The seafood was fresh and clean. A little more batter than I care for, but good

5c5f2475.jpg

f10ad9d5.jpg

34543f12.jpg

a11518d4.jpg

fd6ecfde.jpg

Then we had a cigar by the river and ended our night at where else, Kevin Barry's.

Note to the smokers, Savannah is now completely smoke free in ALL establishments. NO bar can allow smoking. So you have to be 15 feet from the door or continually moving. Luckily you can have open containers outside. Just a note.

Savannah is one of my favorite cities. Every couple of years, we spend a week at Ft. McAllister with my sister and BIL. Great times.

If you haven't, try Love's Seafood on the way to Richmond Hill. Great seafood, family atmosphere, and right on the Ogeechee river.

Thanks for the TR. Makes me want to be there also.

{quo53]Note to the smokers, Savannah is now completely smoke free in ALL establishments. NO bar can allow smoking. So you have to be 15 feet from the door or continually moving. Luckily you can have open containers outside. Just a note.

Sigh ... Savannah USED TO BE one of my favorite cities to visit.