Defective FF sign, lessons learned and beautiful lights

We just got home from a great trip to the fort, but we found out we had a defective Fort Fiends sign, we learned some valuable lessons and we saw so many beautiful light displays that we're already planning our trip next year! Right now, I've got to pay a ton of bills, straighten out my email ( we didn't know you had to delete email on your servers website also) and replace my cell phone (fell into a glass of wine). Hopefully, I can start my trip report tomorrow.

I proudly carried my new Fort Fiends sign to the fort thinking we were supposed to get special privileges...like site requests :rofl2: I'm pretty sure thats what KFK said. But, my sign was defective and I didn't get anything close to my site request. But after the initial major let down, our site wasn't too bad. That brings us to the first lesson learned...never check in on the Saturday after Thanksgiving Our request was for the 900 loop, in the back of the loop, away from the main road and comfort station and plenty of privacy. We asked for site 912 first, then 914 or 915. Well, they put us in 1308. It was in the back of the loop, away from the comfort station and plenty of room and privacy on each side. It was almost perfect...except it backed up to the other main road. There was lots of road noise and you could hear the pool party everyday, but there was a fantastic Christmas display across the street that we were able to enjoy while sitting on our patio.

to be continued....

38881716609309411461773.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is our campsite...the one and only picture we took.

VERY Nice!!! I keep meaning to get one of those Mickey Ear light things when I'm down there, but have never made it over to a Florida Walgreens during the Christmas Season. :-(

Wow, I just missed you.

I checked out of 1208 on Friday, and then you arrived on Saturday!

I know the light display you are talking about- over on the 1600 loop.

I think it would be cool to have a view of that.

Good job on that one photo!

And thanks so much for taking the time to post a report.

I'm sorry about you phone, but if it had to go, at least it went out in a fun way.

TCD

We didn't do anything special Saturday night except enjoying being at Fort Wilderness (and still grumbling about not getting our site). Sunday was football day and Louis was hoping we could watch the Texans, but they were blacked out and no amount of arguing with Direct TV would turn them on...so he listened to the game on the radio. I spent the time getting our campsite organized and putting out all of our decorations. Second Lesson Learned...anchor your Mickey Light Post before walking off to do something else. Mine fell over and broke Mickey's head...so I put his Santa Hat on top of the now barren light post. :( I had a plastic sign holder for my Fort Fiends sign which I had gotten from a local roofer. The ground was so hard, it broke when I tried to push it into the ground. So, I taped my sign to the dog pen and I had no more problems with it. We brought a few decorations, but we looked pretty puny next to alot of sites. Now, I know alot of you like to come at the big holidays, but this was probably the most perfect time we've ever been to Disney World. The campground wasn't busy, there were no lines at the parks and the weather was perfect. We got to see all the major light displays without fighting the crowds. We've already booked our trip for the same time next year!

to be continued.....

Ok, I see a couple of problems with the sign, first it is too close to the ground, these signs are designed with a Biorhythm that has to be set at 4.5 ft from the ground. The second problem I see is that you have a golf cart parked in front of it, to make the sign work properly it has to have a clear path to the road, it recharges from the passing of carts but not the standing still carts. I believe in the directions it is explained in the German section that it should be no more than 3 feet from the site road. (Ortsschild nicht mehr als 3 Meter vom Ort Straße)

Ok we can fix this, on the back of the sign there should be a small button that controls the biorythm snarky gain. If you put it in the sun for 3 days and then push that button 3 times quickly while turning around in a circle singing "I'm a little tea pot" it should fix it. Now the next time you get to the fort it should work. If you want it to work on super snark then do the same but sing :It's a small world after all" and it will double the power. Most fiends don't do this step because they can't get the song out of their heads for a week.

If you have any other problem with the sign call 1-800-snarky1 and ask the operator for Lou

VERY Nice!!! I keep meaning to get one of those Mickey Ear light things when I'm down there, but have never made it over to a Florida Walgreens during the Christmas Season. :-(

They had those at our Walgreens at home, so I bought it before I left. We still have a KMart and they have alot of Disney decorations also.

Ok, I see a couple of problems with the sign, first it is too close to the ground, these signs are designed with a Biorhythm that has to be set at 4.5 ft from the ground. The second problem I see is that you have a golf cart parked in front of it, to make the sign work properly it has to have a clear path to the road, it recharges from the passing of carts but not the standing still carts. I believe in the directions it is explained in the German section that it should be no more than 3 feet from the site road. (Ortsschild nicht mehr als 3 Meter vom Ort Straße)

Ok we can fix this, on the back of the sign there should be a small button that controls the biorythm snarky gain. If you put it in the sun for 3 days and then push that button 3 times quickly while turning around in a circle singing "I'm a little tea pot" it should fix it. Now the next time you get to the fort it should work. If you want it to work on super snark then do the same but sing :It's a small world after all" and it will double the power. Most fiends don't do this step because they can't get the song out of their heads for a week.

If you have any other problem with the sign call 1-800-snarky1 and ask the operator for Lou

That must be what the problem was! My sign only came with directions in Japanese..and I can't read Japanese. I sang "It's A Small World" but I didn't know about the teapot song. Hopefully I'll get all the steps right next time and have true Snarky Power!!

Wow, I just missed you.

I checked out of 1208 on Friday, and then you arrived on Saturday!

I know the light display you are talking about- over on the 1600 loop.

I think it would be cool to have a view of that.

Good job on that one photo!

And thanks so much for taking the time to post a report.

I'm sorry about you phone, but if it had to go, at least it went out in a fun way.

TCD

I'm sorry we missed you too. I replaced my phone with a new i Phone...I'm starting classes next week on how to use it! :rofl2:

Yes, this is exactly what I did. Of course it helped to be camping next Bob, he read the directions for me. I did feel a little silly standing infront of my site singing but it did work like a charm. :jumpforjoy

The campground wasn't busy, there were no lines at the parks and the weather was perfect. We got to see all the major light displays without fighting the crowds. We've already booked our trip for the same time next year!

Hang on you said the Saturday after Thanksgiving?? Can I add you to my Thanksgiving 2012 list? Ok a couple days late but close enough for me.

it is explained in the German section that it should be no more than 3 feet from the site road. (Ortsschild nicht mehr als 3 Meter vom Ort Straße)

I am not sure if the mistake is in Bob's trnslation or in the German directions, but "3 Metres" equals about 10 feet. Or is the measuring from the middle of the road? I want to be sure i get this right.

I am glad you cought that Marty, i saw Metres and just figured the krauts didn't have a word for foot and blew it off, Jen will need to get the IT department on it before signs are hanging in the trees.

If they don't have a word for it does that mean you put a sock and shoe on a metres?

I am glad you cought that Marty, i saw Metres and just figured the krauts didn't have a word for foot and blew it off, Jen will need to get the IT department on it before signs are hanging in the trees.

If they don't have a word for it does that mean you put a sock and shoe on a metres?

Fuß is German for foot - but it's the kind you put shoes and socks on. What you wanted was, "Es sollte als 1 Meter von der Aufstellungsortstraße nicht weiter sein."