Stef's Knee Deep in Atlanta, Georgia - Update 1/27

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Believe me...I can ramble with the best of them :)

"HOME DEPOT" REALLY?!? Hope #48 doesn't get there feelings hurt!

:rofl2: TJ, believe me, I cringed when I typed those words. I don't shop there, I have a JJ Lowes card! Thanks for sharing in my crazy adventure.

Stef, I was in downtown Atlanta today and parked in a parking lot by the CNN Center. I kept looking up at the very tall Westin. How far from the top is the floor you were on? I don't mind heights, but I hate elevators...not sure I could have handled being all the way up there.

We were on the 45th, and it's 73 high! I'm not fond of elevators either, but they were quite fast and smooth. You really didn't realize how high you were going until you looked out the window of your room.

Knee deep to a garden Gnome ... that would be ankle deep to me. :rofl2:

:smartass: Very funny Ed!

Knee Deep is one of Zac's songs he did with Jimmy Buffet, hence the title. :P

Thanks Michael. I will let you know how my BBS experience is, as I only got to hear them do 3 songs that night. Looking forward to seeing them in a more personal setting. After researching them over the past week, they seem very fan orientated with no security, so I'm hoping for a picture.

Imagine a munchkin surrounded by a bunch of 70's hippie guys. :))

70's hippie guys rock! :heartsmiley:

Amen sista!!

I know a lot of 70's hippie guys! They are a lot of fun!! :))

I just watched a live video chat they did on FB (Nate's FB, cuz ya'll know I don't have FB!) They seemed to curb their answers for the public, but were funny all the same. I bet just hanging with these guys would be a blast.

The best part is they're all (But 1, keyboardist) married with children.

The only ones you have to worry about are the accordion playing hippies!

Phew! No accordian players in this group. As for the hippie lettuce, well.................. :clint:

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for the music fans in the house. Went to Gainesville last night to see Blackberry Smoke perform at a local club.

Amazing, awesome & everything I'd hoped it would be! Got home at 2:30am, slept for an hour and went to work. Now getting ready to go back to bed for a cat nap.

Here's a couple pics from the show:

Jamie Davis opened for BBS. He put on a great show. Because he's new, he did quite a few cover songs, which got the crowd going.

BBSJan2011001.jpg

BBSJan2011004.jpg

The most fascinating part of this band is their drummer.

BBSJan2011002.jpg

He just turned 15. This is one talented kid!

Jamie played for about an hour and then Charlie and the boys came out!

BBSJan2011009.jpg

BBSJan2011016.jpg

BBSJan2011014.jpg

BBSJan2011018.jpg

BBSJan2011019.jpg

BBSJan2011027.jpg

BBSJan2011031.jpg

BBSJan2011029.jpg

BBSJan2011025.jpg

BBSJan2011034.jpg

Super fun (long) night! Met some great people, had 1 or 3 too many beers which required an Arbys roast beef sandwich pit stop on the way home.

If there's one thing I learned in this whole "musical journey" is pay attention to the show openers. Though I was thrilled to meet and hear Zac play, I was also introduced to a couple of other Southern Ground Artists who are well on their way to being stars.

Stef!

Great report! Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to see Zak Brown Band tonight!

They're going to be at Germain Arena in Estero, FL, just up the road. The plan is to start tailgating as soon as we can get out of work.

It won't be as cool as your trip but the arena is pretty small so it should be pretty awesome!

WBI

Stef!

Great report! Thanks for sharing!

I'm going to see Zak Brown Band tonight!

They're going to be at Germain Arena in Estero, FL, just up the road. The plan is to start tailgating as soon as we can get out of work.

It won't be as cool as your trip but the arena is pretty small so it should be pretty awesome!

WBI

You will have a great time!! They are so damn talented and put on an amazing show.

For this weekend I had to choose from:

Blackberry Smoke in Gainseville. Sonia Leigh in Islamorada. Zac in Estero. :gaah:

Blackberry won since Gainesville is the closest to us. I wish they would have been more spread out so I could have hit them all.

I can't wait to hear how you liked it!

Thanks to everyone for reading.

Thanks Michael. I am going to check out Stoney Larue further. Anyone that uses a skull in a bandana as a mascot, has to be good!

I prefer supporting the newbies much more than the big stars. I have downloaded all the Southern Ground artists on Itunes. With some money left in my account, I started looking for a Kid Rock song that they play on CMT a lot. After going through numerous "Kid Rock tribute" bands, I searched further online and found out he won't sell his songs on Itunes. WTFort? It completely turned me off and my search was over. I'd rather help the up and coming artists.