A Trip Report Sure to Win Applesauce. . .TCD's NYE 2011 TR!

Thank you very much, Andrew!! I read your TR while driving, well riding through the mountains of Utah. :)

Doodle tell that maniac driver that you have to STOP to see the sights!!! You can't just keep driving!! :rofl2:

\On another thread I read that your brother flies a queer plane, and then you bring out the Snow White spatula.....not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm seeing a pattern. I can see you standing at your quaint little kitchen set up, flipping pancakes with Snow White. :rofl2:

But then I got to Dave's post, and I had a whole different vision of you. I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff!! A spankula?!?! :rofl3:

oh jeez... first his bathing suit, then dreaming about him.. now we have the spankula.....

What kind of TR are you running here? :rofl3:

Hmmm, Snow White spatula, pancake molds, I sense dwarf flipping in your future. Brings to mind midget tossing. Is that politically correct? :rofl2:

ummmm...... this is a train wreck and I can't stop watching it.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're going to visit the Four Seasons, am I right??

YEA DAVE!!! WHERE?!?!?

This whole "spankula" thing...am I the only one reminded of the movie "Stripes", where Bill Murray gives the girl "The Aunt Jemimah Treatment"?

YEA DAVE!!! WHERE?!?!?

sPANKULA2.jpg

Great work TJ!!! I love that! If that were real, I would buy a case of them.

oh jeez... first his bathing suit, then dreaming about him.. now we have the spankula.....

What kind of TR are you running here? :rofl3:

Duh! He has that effect on women, remember? He tries to write a nice report, and you pervs turn it into something else.

I know CDN Cruiser was reading along earlier.

This is the spot he likes to get when he is at the Fort. Somebody else had it for New Year's. These are all from that site:

IMG_2476.jpg

TCD

Thanks Andrew!!

Wow . . . it's an honor to be named in a TCD Trip Report.

Yes, we like 707 and we try to get it when we can. We also like 705, 706, 708 and 714.

We were in 714 for the first two weeks of December, just a few sites down from Dave the Castle Guy.

You can find our Trip Report here: http://www.carol-ann...ip%20Report.htm ------------ (shameless hijack)

We'll be back for the first two weeks of February, trying for 707 again! :)

Great Trip Report - as usual! Keep it coming!

True but I think he brought this one on himself. :rofl2:

you know after the dreams and the swimming suit comments, he might have wanted to forgo posting the spanktula pictures. :rofl3:

just saying....

Don't blame me!

Oh wait...this one actually may be my fault. 8)

I am sure TCD will need some to blame for this particular tangent. :hah: I am sure he will be happy to accept your offer of blame.

Thanks for the entertainment.... :rofl2:

Thank you TJ!!! I hate to shop, but that there is a product that I would stand in line to buy.

Show me a spankula, and I'll show you a happy little Fiend.

This whole "spankula" thing...am I the only one reminded of the movie "Stripes", where Bill Murray gives the girl "The Aunt Jemimah Treatment"?

SOooo many things to comment on as a new(er) member of this group. I'll just sit back and continue to enjoy the TR...an images of each Fiend I create in my head from the evidence collected. (looks good in swimsuit, climbs trees, owns a Snow White spankula, enjoys long walks to study and identify inflatable wildlife....

Keep it coming!

Any indication of Four Seasons complex completion?

Don't get you hopes up too high. Like Davy Crockett's, the legend of TCD has grown to mythical proportions.

There will be some photos of TCD coming up- then you can judge for yourself.

I don't think that they announced a new date for completion of the Four Seasons project. In 2007 they said 2010. so, my best guess would be that it still more than a year away, and that's if they ever really get started with the construction.

What have you done with Stef and how much is the ransom?

Wow, Lou, if I didn't know any better, I would think that you are not-not reading this TR.

But I know you never read TR's, so you must just be really good at guessing what is being said here.

NOOOO! Just when things were getting exciting we have an intermission.

P.S. :flush: I flushed and nothing happened... just have to wash my shoes now.

Sorry.

That is pretty much what I thought would happen.

I'll see what I can do about ending the intermission.

Thanks Andrew!!

Wow . . . it's an honor to be named in a TCD Trip Report.

Yes, we like 707 and we try to get it when we can. We also like 705, 706, 708 and 714.

We were in 714 for the first two weeks of December, just a few sites down from Dave the Castle Guy.

You can find our Trip Report here: http://www.carol-ann...ip%20Report.htm ------------ (shameless hijack)

We'll be back for the first two weeks of February, trying for 707 again! :)

Great Trip Report - as usual! Keep it coming!

Dang.

I missed you again.

You know what?

I still have never seen the Dave's Castle.

He always pops in right after Thanksgiving and clears out right before Christmas, and we never seem to be able to make it over to WDW in that window of time.

Don't worry about the shameless plug.

In fact, if anyone hasn't already done so, please be sure to check out CDNCruiser's blog- it is very well written and there are great photos too! The kind of stuff that a lot of Fiends like!

Thank you TJ!!! I hate to shop, but that there is a product that I would stand in line to buy.

Show me a spankula, and I'll show you a happy little Fiend.

OK Dave, enough of the spankula talk.

You are starting to scare me.

TCD TR's are always informative, but this one may be giving me more info that I bargained for! :rofl2:

You and me both!

Poor TCD... this one is way out of control ... :rofl2:

I've seen worse.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: a TCD trip report cannot be hijacked.

Because there never really is a topic to begin with.

True but I think he brought this one on himself. :rofl2:

Agreed.

But, Dave didn't have to start all that spanking talk.

I'm going to have to make sure to hide my Snow White spankula spatula the next time I'm at the Fort and Dave is there.

If only a certain webmaster (that may or may not rhyme with "mathy") could see us now...

woo hoo

Woo Hoo!

Webmaster who?

The truth is that I'll bet she does check in here from time to time.

We always have a lot of guests reading along.

I'll bet she feels pretty dumb.

And speaking of guests, to those of you reading along, please feel free to join the fun.

Even you "Mathy."

Fiends rule!

Woo Hoo!

Oh dear.

I think it's time for an update.

We need to get this TR back on track!

TCD

TCD, please notice that I tried to be the voice of reason and keep your report clean, and I got a lot of this:

:rofl2: :hah: :rofl3:

and they thought I had been kidnapped.

Spankula.............. :rofl:

TCD, please notice that I tried to be the voice of reason and keep your report clean, and I got a lot of this:

Please return the real stef. We have red solo cup punch and a garden gnome to bribe you with.

TCD... did you have a frightful scare when you woke up this morning to see where you TR had gone?

No, not at all.

I've seen much worse hijacks on here.

Yes, I noticed.

I appreciate your effort-

but it's my fault for posting the photo of the spankula spatula.

I knew it would get a reaction out of Dave.

I just misjudged the kind of reaction.

Please return the real stef. We have red solo cup punch and a garden gnome to bribe you with.

No worries.

It's the real Stef.

And, we are going to move on now anyway.

TCD

Time to get back on track!

It's Thursday afternoon, December 29th.

As I mentioned, we were expecting some guests.

They arrived at around 2:00.

It was the oldest TCD DD and an old girlfriend of hers, as well as the girl's parents.

We were all going to see a football game.

In the Citrus Bowl.

You college football fans will remember that FSU played Notre Dame in the Champs Sports Bowl on December 29th.

I had scored tickets for the whole TCD family.

But some of the TCD family said they didn't want to go.

Mrs. TCD stayed home.

The TCD twins said they had seen enough college football games this year.

So, I told my daughter to invite her friend and her parents.

And now they were here, and we were going to head to the game.

Which meant the TCD twins were on their own.

They have never been left alone at WDW for an entire afternoon and evening.

But they would be left alone today.

They're 16 1/2.

And they know WDW like the back of their hands.

They have been out and about on their own before, and I knew they would be smart and safe for the afternoon and evening.

I handed them some cash and we headed to Orlando.

I have never been to the Citrus Bowl before.

I had heard that it was in a bad part of town and that parking was bad.

So, we got there early.

It was a bad part of town. But a bad part of Orlando isn't really all that bad.

We got a parking spot in a High School parking lot that looked fine.

And we headed in to the game.

Four of our tickets were together, and one was in a different part of the stadium with some tickets purchased by my in-laws.

My DD wanted to sit with her cousins, so I sat with her for a while before the game began.

Here we are in the beautiful Citrus Bowl:

IMG_2489.jpg

Since this was the only bowl game going on today, the Goodyear blimp showed up:

IMG_2490.jpg

I enjoy getting in to a game early so I can hear the bands. The FSU band was there in full force:

IMG_2503.jpg

This is an odd tradition that FSU fans follow. Before each quarter, the band plays the same tune, and the FSU fans hold up the appropriate number of fingers to indicate what quarter it is. I think that this is kind of dumb, but that's what they do:

IMG_2505.jpg

The Notre Dame band was there in full force too. Their band was quite good. Here they are spelling out the word Irish. They must have had too much green beer though, because they spelled it upside down:

IMG_2510.jpg

You can see in that photo that the stands were getting full. This game was a total sell out.

Something cool happened right before the game.

The announcer came on and directed our attention to a plane flying high above the stadium.

As the plane flew over, four guys in parachutes jumped out!:

IMG_2519.jpg

The announcer told us these were Special Op's guys from Macdill Air Force base in Tampa.

That's where our fellow Fiend Devores works.

But he wasn't one of the guys who jumped.

The first guy landed right on the 50 yard line. You can see his big black parachute here, and if you look, you will see him dangling right below it:

IMG_2531.jpg

The second guy was flying an FSU flag:

IMG_2535.jpg

The third guy had a Notre Dame flag. I missed getting a photo of him. Which is too bad, because he is the only one who didn't land on his feet. (too much green beer for him, too, I guess).

Then the fourth guy came in.

He was flying a huge American flag:

IMG_2541.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

I have to tell you that I love this kind of stuff.

Right before the fourth guy landed, the announcer warned the crowd that the flag would be touching the ground. He said something else about that, but I missed it. Here is the landing:

IMG_2546.jpg

That was all quite impressive.

Right before kick-off, the rest of our group showed up, and I moved over to the other seats.

We were in the corner of the end zone, which ended up being pretty good, as there was a lot of action at our end of the field:

IMG_2547.jpg

FSU really struggled in the first half, but the half ended with the score 7-0 Notre Dame.

Both bands performed during half-time.

The Notre Dame band played "Danger Zone" from the movie Top Gun, and got into a formation shaped like a jet complete with smoking engines:

IMG_2554.jpg

I thought that was pretty cool!

Here is some of that action at our end of the field that I mentioned a moment ago:

IMG_2561.jpg

Notre Dame's little leprechaun dude really did his best to annoy the FSU fans:

IMG_2563.jpg

That kid's parents must be so proud.

As you may know from previous TCD trip reports, I have a bad habit of taking photographs of interesting people.

You know like hippies with accordians and butt cracks and things like that.

Well, I couldn't help but notice the hair color on this young lady who was seated right in front of me for the whole game:

IMG_2571.jpg

I couldn't decide if it was a wig, or a bad dye job, or what the deal was, so I took a photo so I could show the TCD twins later.

That would have been a mildly interesting photo for us to look at, and I probably would not have bothered posting it in this trip report, but then I saw the young lady's face, and I had to get another photo:

IMG_2573.jpg

A blond Asian.

You don't see that every day.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

My professional opinion is that she wasn't wearing a wig.

But that was a bad dye job.

FSU finally woke up and played much better in the second half.

As the game clock ran out, the FSU fans realized that their team was going to win, and the celebrating began:

IMG_2577.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg

Here's a bunch of happy Noles:

IMG_2582.jpg

During the game, the TCD twins kept on sending me texts updating me on their whereabouts.

They had taken a bus to Downtown Disney with the original thought of eating at T-Rex Cafe.

But it being a very busy time and all, they would have had to wait over an hour for a table there.

So, they went to Wolfgang Puck Express.

None of us had ever eaten there before.

And as far as I was concerned, none of us ever would.

I had been to Wolfgang Puck's actual restaurant in San Francisco with Mrs. TCD many years ago. I will never forget the goat cheese flatbread I was served there. I can and have eat(en) almost anything. You can easily see from looking at me that I am not a picky eater. But whatever it was they served me there was not something that I enjoyed. So, I never had any intention of going to this restaurant when it arrived in Downtown Disney. But I have heard good things about it. And so had the girls. So they went. They loved it! Twin #1 had a pasta dish. Twin #2 had a meatloaf sandwich. They both loved their food. We will be going back there some time.

As we were driving back from the game, I got a text from Twin #2 with a photo showing her eating a big Dole Whip at the Polynesian Resort. So, they had taken a bus there from Downtown Disney.

When we got back to the Fort, it was near 11.

The twins should have been back by then, but they weren't.

I sent them a text asking where they were.

I started to get concerned after about 5 minutes when I did not hear from either one of them.

But, then they came pulling up to the site in the golf cart.

They had been back, but they had set a goal to not be at the campsite when we got back from the game, so they had just been out looping.

They had a great time being on their own, and my oldest DD and I had a great time at the game.

My oldest DD was welcome to spend the night, but she decided to head on back home to be with Mrs. TCD.

So our guests departed.

That meant it was time for some late night looping.

Which is what we did next.

And then we turned in for the night.

That's the end of our first full day at the Fort.

Don't worry, we still have all of the 30th and then the 31st to cover.

And even some of the 1st.

So, this TR is still just getting started.

TCD