A Trip Report Sure to Win Applesauce. . .TCD's NYE 2011 TR!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You're going to visit the Four Seasons, am I right??

YEA DAVE!!! WHERE?!?!?

This whole "spankula" thing...am I the only one reminded of the movie "Stripes", where Bill Murray gives the girl "The Aunt Jemimah Treatment"?

We arrived at the Fort on NYE and with all the set-up of our "new" camper, we didn't get to any of the activities. They look like fun for the kids. We got to the beach around 10:30pm, arranged our blanket and backpack on the quiet end, and admired the stars until fireworks time. DD#2 entertained us (and those around us) by dancing to the music of the dance party. We didn't find the beach to be too crowded, and we walked (no golf cart), so we didn't have to deal with the traffic.

I love seeing how your girls still like to spend time with you. My kids like to hang out with us too, but many of their friends think their parents are uncool. I like the photo booth idea, and your resolutions. How are they coming along? Started training for your swim yet?

LOVE the applesauce story!!! We also like to take minor flubs and use them to taunt family members for years on end. When DH and I were dating we were watching a Christmas repeat of The Love Boat (don't ask why lol) and my hubby sees Santa and says "oh, I guess that's why they say SANTA CLAUS FOR ADVENTURE in the song". WHAT??? He was dead serious. I had to explain to him (once I stopped laughing) that it was "SET A COURSE FOR ADVENTURE." I still bring it up. And it still makes me laugh. :rofl3:

That's funny that you mentioned seeing Homebrew/Denny, I just sent him a pm this morning. I was reading an older post and realized I hadn't seen him on hear in a while! Glad he's ok.

I was wondering about the "champagne" you gave the girls, glad it was just cider.

Since next year is the twins' last year before leaving for college, it seems like a great idea to have the AP and do the year up big!

Love your resolutions. Can't wait for the TR on the first one...

Thanks.

I am pretty sure that I could make the swim no problem.

The only thing holding me back is those dumb laws about trespassing and such.

I could send my cousin Yuri over there, but I don't think he can swim and he is a big chicken, too.

WOW! I was just thinking about Tom over the weekend. Glad to hear that everything is ok with him. He has been MIA for a while.

If Tom is reading: :wave1:

Since I had run into Tom at the Fort the previous New Year's Eve, I thought about him too, but I hadn't seen him before running in to him at the beach, so that was a big surprise.

Like Tom said, he was pretty active here on ff.net at the beginning.

I'm sorry that he has not and will not be as active, but I'm sure he will be back some day.

We arrived at the Fort on NYE and with all the set-up of our "new" camper, we didn't get to any of the activities. They look like fun for the kids. We got to the beach around 10:30pm, arranged our blanket and backpack on the quiet end, and admired the stars until fireworks time. DD#2 entertained us (and those around us) by dancing to the music of the dance party. We didn't find the beach to be too crowded, and we walked (no golf cart), so we didn't have to deal with the traffic.

I love seeing how your girls still like to spend time with you. My kids like to hang out with us too, but many of their friends think their parents are uncool. I like the photo booth idea, and your resolutions. How are they coming along? Started training for your swim yet?

You know, I think I saw somewhere that y'all had a new trailer and would be visiting the Fort.

I thought you checked in on New Year's Day, so I figured that I missed you.

I didn't know you were there for New Year's Eve. We probably weren't far from you on the beach.

Remember how we were practically next to each other last NYE?

TCD,

Great update!!!

Loved, all the resolutions, especially the "swim to Discovery Island".........that will be an epic trip report for sure!!!!!

I was pretty surprised to see how big the crowd was on the beach.....WOW!!!!

Feeling sad that this trip report is almost over.........

Heidi

Glad to know that you are still reading along!

Yes, the crowd was big, but it was a lot of fun to see that much activity on the beach.

LOVE the applesauce story!!! We also like to take minor flubs and use them to taunt family members for years on end. When DH and I were dating we were watching a Christmas repeat of The Love Boat (don't ask why lol) and my hubby sees Santa and says "oh, I guess that's why they say SANTA CLAUS FOR ADVENTURE in the song". WHAT??? He was dead serious. I had to explain to him (once I stopped laughing) that it was "SET A COURSE FOR ADVENTURE." I still bring it up. And it still makes me laugh. :rofl3:

Santa Claus for Adventure?

That's a good one!

There's a commercial that I've seen a couple of times on TV lately where they show mulitple clips of people singing the same song, but each person sings the words just a bit different. I can't remember what the song is at the moment, but that is a good example of what your DH did. I know that it happens to all of us.

And when family hears it, look out!

That's funny that you mentioned seeing Homebrew/Denny, I just sent him a pm this morning. I was reading an older post and realized I hadn't seen him on hear in a while! Glad he's ok.

I was wondering about the "champagne" you gave the girls, glad it was just cider.

Since next year is the twins' last year before leaving for college, it seems like a great idea to have the AP and do the year up big!

I can confirm that Denny was alive and well on NYE. But he needs to post some on here, doesn't he? I never made it over to the Fiend party, but Denny said that is where he was going.

Yes, I think you are right about doing up the last year right.

The only thing holding me back right now is looking at how busy we are going to be with things in this next year. I'm not sure we will be able to use the passes as much as we would like.

TCD

TCD -

The commercial you're talking about has them singing "Rocket Man". SO funny!!

Yes! That's the one. It was funny to me, too. Until I realized that I don't know the words to that song either.

Love the resolutions. I am waiting patiently for your swim to DI. Of course, others have been arrested for that in the past, so it will be very exciting to see if you can ever convince Yuri to give it a try. I would just be very careful, as I hear the smoke monster from Lost lives over there.

Yes, that plus the gators in the lake.

And the brain eating amoebas (amoebii?)

Oh, and Discamper/Todd told me once that castmembers told him that they wouldn't step foot on the island without a shotgun. I guess there are some wild critters living over there.

But, aside from those things I'm really looking forward to it.

Amanda thought it was funny.

So, that kind of is like permission, right?

TCD

Yes! That's the one. It was funny to me, too. Until I realized that I don't know the words to that song either.

TCD

Slight hijack up ahead.

I saw a group performing in Vegas once and they started playing "Blinded by the light"....

And then they stopped...and the whole crowd sang "wrapped up like a douche.... :rofl2:

I still laugh every time I hear that song.

Slight hijack up ahead.

I saw a group performing in Vegas once and they started playing "Blinded by the light"....

And then they stopped...and the whole crowd sang "wrapped up like a douche.... :rofl2:

You mean those aren't the lyrics? ??? :rofl2:

Sorry, Andrew. I couldn't pass this one up. :))

Slight hijack up ahead.

You mean those aren't the lyrics? ??? :rofl2:

Sorry, Andrew. I couldn't pass this one up. :))

Not a problem.

I know that song too.

And for the life of me, I couldn't tell you what comes after "wrapped up like . . ."

I just googled it- I guess its not wrapped up like anything- it's "revved up like a deuce."

Ohhh-Kayyy

I know better than to try to guess at song lyrics.

I know that I have asked my DD's many times to tell me what is being said in some of the music they listen to.

Most of the time, I'm sorry that I asked.

TCD

IMG_2849.jpg

That's how it's done! As you can see, we were serious and sincere too.

This is a great picture!

I agree that it's nice that the management at the Fort puts on the activities at the beach, although that was a lot of people to deal with! My DW would not have enjoyed that, she doesn't do well in crowds like that.

Thanks for sharing your New Years with us, as always, we love following along! Now, on to the next update!

Acworth??? Hmmm.....we're neighbors. :)

BTW, when people confuse the lyrics frequently, as in "wrapped up like a douche..." it is called a mondegreen I'm not sure where I picked up that little piece of odd knowledge, but I thought I'd share. Another example that I remember hearing about was, CCR's "There's a bathroom on the right!"

To avert any hijacks, here is the commercial that had the Rocket Man song in it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWy-LCGDsd8

Funny how I didn't even realize it was for Volkswagen.

What does that song have to do with a Volkswagen?

TCD

They are trying to show how clear their speakers are compared to other speakers.

jon

Ok... well I've caught up. I should know better than to take a day off during a TCD TR.

1. love the resolution

2. love the glasses

3. lots of Fiend visits

4. great fireworks photos

5. No way would I want to be in the parks on the nights - CROWDS!!

6. looking forward to next year's NYE TR from in the parks....

This is a great picture!

I agree that it's nice that the management at the Fort puts on the activities at the beach, although that was a lot of people to deal with! My DW would not have enjoyed that, she doesn't do well in crowds like that.

Thanks for sharing your New Years with us, as always, we love following along! Now, on to the next update!

Thanks.

And the next update is on the way!

Acworth??? Hmmm.....we're neighbors. :)

That's cool.

I hope that y'all can meet up.

I got to meet the Campindawg family last NYE- nice folks! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the FtWildernessFamily, yet, but any family with a Maddie is automatically OK with me!

BTW, when people confuse the lyrics frequently, as in "wrapped up like a douche..." it is called a mondegreen I'm not sure where I picked up that little piece of odd knowledge, but I thought I'd share. Another example that I remember hearing about was, CCR's "There's a bathroom on the right!"

Mondegreen?

Now that you mention that, I think I've heard that word before.

It's funny that there's a word for it.

Another great trip report.

Thank you for writing these :) It will really help when I go the fort for the first time ( hopefully next year)

Michele

Thanks.

And you're a smart cookie to be reading all you can about the Fort before you go.

I am constantly amazed at the people I run into at the Fort who do not have the first clue about what is going on- from transportation, to where things are, to the activities. They end up missing out on a lot.

They are trying to show how clear their speakers are compared to other speakers.

jon

Thanks.

I missed that point completely.

But, that's not uncommon with me.

Ok... well I've caught up. I should know better than to take a day off during a TCD TR.

1. love the resolution

2. love the glasses

3. lots of Fiend visits

4. great fireworks photos

5. No way would I want to be in the parks on the nights - CROWDS!!

6. looking forward to next year's NYE TR from in the parks....

Thanks.

Yeah, I imagine the crowds at the parks would be brutal.

That is why I have been fine up to this point with the Florida Resident Seasonal passes with the blackout dates.

I am still not 100% convinced that it is worth the extra $$$ for me to by regular passes.

I will have to decide pretty soon.

And, yes, there were lots of Fiend Encounters. But there was also a massive fail on getting to meet some Fiends that I really wanted to. I'll cover that fail before we get to the end of this report.

TCD