A Multi-Trip Report including the WBI & Camping Princess Wedding!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update! What a nice surprise you received!! Didn't try the bidet? Wow, that's the first thing I would have done. :flush2: :rofl2:

That was a great surprise!! And special gold keys? COOL!!

A bidet?!?! You really didn't use it? Didn't even goof around and pretend like you were going to use it? Curiosity would have gotten the best of me and I would have had to try it. (Yeah, yeah, I know, curiosity killed the cat....it hasn't killed me yet, though it has gotten me in trouble from time to time) :blush:

Sounds like your honeymoon is off to a great start.

A bidet?!?! You really didn't use it? Didn't even goof around and pretend like you were going to use it? Curiosity would have gotten the best of me and I would have had to try it. (Yeah, yeah, I know, curiosity killed the cat....it hasn't killed me yet, though it has gotten me in trouble from time to time) :blush:

You wouldn't even have to sit down on it. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'll be here all night.

:jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy :jumpforjoy

Get ready I have another post coming up!

That is just TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Yes it was!

But wait until you see our room we got at Christmas!

Congrats you guys!!! I loved the wedding pics. You guys are such a cute couple!

That was quite the upgrade. Definitely a once in a lifetime experience. I can't wait for more!

Thanks so much!

Yes it was a once in a lifetime experience!

We actually talked about how we never needed to stay at the Contemporary again because we've already had the best room we could ever get there!

Whoa!

That is an awesome upgrade!

Congratulations!!!

Can't wait to read more.

TCD

Thanks it was awesome!

I'm getting ready to post now!

It was an amazing surprise!

You know we had seen those keys before and always wondered what they were for, now I know.

Bidets are so weird to mean, they seem like such a dirty/messy thing......BUT, I have to admit I've tried one before at a different hotel, it ain't for me. lol I'm still not sure I know how they work. hahahaa

AWESOME!!!!!!

Congrats again!

Thank you!

You wouldn't even have to sit down on it. :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I'll be here all night.

haha

Great update! What a nice surprise you received!! Didn't try the bidet? Wow, that's the first thing I would have done. :flush2: :rofl2:

Thanks I have another one coming up.

As I said above, the bidet ain't for me. lol

I don't think an upgrade at the Contemporary could get any better! That was one awesome view!

I don't think so either, the view was unbelievable!

That is WAY cool!!! How's that for a bit of pixie dust? Disney has the magic thing DOWN!

Hubs would have tried the bidet.

Well, we're waiting....more report please.

It was great pixie dust! Disney really does coming through with some amazing things sometimes!

Ok I'm ready to get this TR rolling! Thanks for reading along everyone!

WBI

After looking around our room we got dressed and headed up to the California Grill for dinner and to see the Christmas Wishes fireworks.

DSC05412.jpg

DSC05419.jpg

DSC05421.jpg

Our table didn’t have a good view so we went outside to watch the fireworks:

DSC05426.jpg

DSC05428.jpg

DSC05433.jpg

DSC05435.jpg

DSC05437.jpg

DSC05441.jpg

DSC05444.jpg

DSC05449.jpg

DSC05452.jpg

We both had a glass of wine and we split an appetizer that had 4 types of sushi tuna, it was great. Then I had a buffalo steak and fancy mac & cheese, and CP had some kind of special sushi roll. They were both fantastic!

DSC05456.jpg

DSC05458.jpg

The meal was great but it was pricy its definitely a special occasion place.

This post was shorter than I thought, get ready for another one!

WBI

The next morning (Monday, Nov. 14th) we woke up to this view:

DSC05461.jpg

DSC05463.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05466.jpg

DSC05468.jpg

DSC05472.jpg

DSC05474.jpg

DSC05475.jpg

DSC05476.jpg

DSC05477.jpg

We grabbed some snacks at the Atrium Club, but we couldn’t eat too much because we had reservations at Ohana!

DSC05478.jpg

DSC05479.jpg

DSC05480.jpg

Our room number and location:

DSC05483.jpg

DSC05486.jpg

More of our view:

DSC05488.jpg

DSC05489.jpg

DSC05490.jpg

DSC05492.jpg

DSC05493.jpg

DSC05495.jpg

DSC05496.jpg

DSC05499.jpg

DSC05504.jpg

Ok that’s it for this post up next we’re heading to the Polynesian for breakfast at Ohana!

WBI-

Great job on all of the photos showing the view from your room.

Amazing!

And I just realized something funny.

The TCD gang was at WDW for a one-night trip on Saturday, Nov. 12th. We were at the MK until 3:00 am for EMH that night, and then headed out on Sunday.

I also know that Stacktester was at the Fort on Sunday the 13th.

Too bad we didn't know you were going to be at the Contemporary that night.

We could have stuck around to TP your room or something.

TCD

Nick, you have a way of making us feel we're right there with you. What a great view of the MK.

Thanks Mayor Donnie!

WBI-

Great job on all of the photos showing the view from your room.

Amazing!

And I just realized something funny.

The TCD gang was at WDW for a one-night trip on Saturday, Nov. 12th. We were at the MK until 3:00 am for EMH that night, and then headed out on Sunday.

I also know that Stacktester was at the Fort on Sunday the 13th.

Too bad we didn't know you were going to be at the Contemporary that night.

We could have stuck around to TP your room or something.

TCD

Thanks! It was an awesome view!

Is that the trip where you stayed at the Allstars? We stayed at Allstar Movies this past weekend, it wasn't too bad.

That would have been pretty good if ya'll could have TP'd the room or something, haha it would defintely have been a surprise.

What a view, I will never experience it in person so thank you for all the great pictures!!

Your welcome!

I don't think we will ever get to experience that again either, its was awesome!

I agree it's a beautiful view!

And not to beat a dead horse, but you guys are such a good looking couple!!

Thank you!

(not sure if its true though)

Ok I'm going to get another update going.

WBI

Ok back on track, after checking out our view for a while we hopped the monorail to head to Ohana.

DSC05512.jpg

DSC05515.jpg

After a little wait we were seated

DSC05521.jpg

DSC05525.jpg

DSC05532.jpg

We even met the big guy himself:

DSC05538.jpg

DSC05539.jpg

DSC05540.jpg

DSC05543.jpg

DSC05545.jpg

After hurting ourselves at breakfast we hopped back on the monorail to Magic Kingdom, we took it pretty easy and just walked around doing a few things.

DSC05547.jpg

This was on November 14th but most of the Christmas decorations were already up. It was a little weird though because it was hot!

DSC05549.jpg

DSC05551.jpg

DSC05553.jpg

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05557.jpg

DSC05562.jpg

DSC05565.jpg

DSC05568.jpg

DSC05570.jpg

DSC05571.jpg

DSC05575.jpg

DSC05588.jpg

After a while we decided we better head back, we did have to be at work the next day. So we hopped a monorail again and went back to the Contemporary. We hit the Atrium club on the 14th floor one last time to get a soda and some snacks then headed home.

I snapped this one last picture of Bay Lake on our way out.

DSC05597.jpg

And that was our awesome quick trip!

Thanks Disney for the wonderful treatment and upgrade!

If you want to stick around I’ll post some pictures from our honeymoon cruise on Celebrity!

Then I'll get to our Disney Christmas trip.

WBI

Is that the trip where you stayed at the Allstars? We stayed at Allstar Movies this past weekend, it wasn't too bad.

That would have been pretty good if ya'll could have TP'd the room or something, haha it would defintely have been a surprise.

Yes. We spent a night in All Star Sports. I have no complaints about it. The room was clean, and we got a great price.

We just got old blue keys, and I couldn't find the concierge lounge over there.

TCD

I'm having trouble staying focused at work so I'm going to post another update. But first a couple comments:

Yes. We spent a night in All Star Sports. I have no complaints about it. The room was clean, and we got a great price.

We just got old blue keys, and I couldn't find the concierge lounge over there.

TCD

Haha yeah I didn't see it either!

No we enjoyed it too, it was a great price, especially for last minute.

Honestly we were having such a good time we added a second night.

Wow WBI...that upgrade is amazing!

Note to self: get a couple of "Just Married" tshirts. This could be my greatest scam ever!! :rofl2:

Yes it was!

That's what I said, I figured we would wear those shirts everywhere!

We actually tried it again when boarding our cruise, but it didn't work. :( Oh well it worked once, that was good enough.

WBI

Ok these next couple posts aren’t about Disney but I’m posting them anyway, I want to hurry up and tell ya’ll about our Christmas trip to Disney.

A little back story, we live in Naples, FL which is about an hour and half from the Fort Lauderdale Port and two hours from the Miami port, this makes cruising a pretty cheap option for a vacation since we don’t have to fly anywhere.

Matter of fact we got engaged on a cruise in March 2011 on the Crown Princess!

When we started thinking about our honeymoon we wanted Hawaii, but we had a big problem our honeymoon was over Thanksgiving break, that meant flight prices were extremely high! Plus we only had a week for our honeymoon and we decided if we were flying that far we wanted two weeks. Long story short we chose a cruise. Then we just had to pick one of the hundreds of options, we finally settled on Celebrity and we couldn’t have been happier.

We went on the Celebrity Eclipse for 7-nights, and it was awesome!

The ship was very new, only about a year and half old. Its part of their Solstice class, I can’t begin to describe everything it had but if you every consider cruising I’d put this at the top of your list.

Celebrity_Eclipse_2011-02-01.jpg

MIA_SJU_SXM_SKB_MIA.jpg

http://www.celebrity....do?shipCode=EC

I didn’t upload all of our pictures because there were so many but I’ll share a little.

Here we are right after boarding in Miami! Yes we wore our shirts again (she made me lol) but it got us on the cruise video!

DSC05661.jpg

By the way I should add that we found out about two months before the cruise that there was an American Doll group going on the cruise. Haha I know you’re thinking that would suck, but we figured that would be a lot less people in the adult only areas. And I have to say we were right they didn’t bother us one bit, and I think some things were less crowded because of it.

We booked a Spa level balcony cabin! Our entire floor was considered spa level and it gave us a few more benefits than normal concierge level but the main one was we had our own specialty restaurant, Blu! Instead of the main dining room we got to eat in Blu for breakfast and dinner every day and it was amazing!

Here we are before dinner the first night:

DSC05674.jpg

One more thing and I’ll quit making you read, Celebrity sells drink packages, not only soda but full alcohol! That was the greatest thing ever, we paid a lot for the premium drink package but it allowed us unlimited, soda, coffee, specialty coffees, and alcoholic drinks up to $14 each. If you ordered a drink and didn’t like it no problem, get another. Wine with each course of dinner, no problem! We loved it!

Here we are before our first formal night dinner:

DSC05724.jpg

We dined at Murano, a specialty French restaurant! It was some of the best food we’ve ever had. They even gave us a specialty honeymoon cake:

DSC05730.jpg

I forgot the picture but they cooked my lobster at our table that night, it was amazing, it even had bacon in it!

Here we are having another drink:

DSC05747.jpg

Here we are at the martini bar; the bar was topped with ice! Very cool!

DSC05833.jpg

Here’s our leftover cake, we were too fool to eat it after dinner so we brought it back to the room:

DSC05838.jpg

As we were pulling into St. Martin we saw a Disney ship: There were five ships in port that day, one was the huge Epic!

DSC05846.jpg

DSC05847.jpg

DSC05862.jpg

Our top deck had an actual lawn with real grass; here I am playing a little golf:

DSC05869.jpg

Then we went on a downhill mountain trek on the French side of St. Martin. It was pretty good.

DSC05915.jpg

I think this was sunrise over St. Kitts, taken from our balcony:

DSC05969.jpg

Not a bad way to wake up!

I guess I didn’t upload any zip line pictures but that’s what we did in St. Kitts.

And here’s another before dinner one night. This in front of a wall that looks like it was pouring over the bench we were sitting on. I thought it was pretty neat.

DSC06135.jpg

Here I am having an after dinner Irish coffee:

DSC06145.jpg

Here we are on the back deck dressed for our last formal dinner:

DSC06178.jpg

This is Lisa participating in a cooking competition, she was chosen from the crowd to team up with a head chef. I was picked to be one of the three judges. While Lisa was cooking I went back stage and we were brought up from under the stage, it was unbelievable!

DSC06218.jpg

Lisa and her chef did a great job the food was delicious, but she didn’t win, we still got a bottle of champagne though.

This is me on our last night, on my way to do some gambling.

DSC06225.jpg

Here’s Lisa back at the ice martini bar “Crush”

DSC06226.jpg

DSC06227.jpg

DSC06228.jpg

DSC06229.jpg

Pre-dinner drinks:

DSC06230.jpg

Ok one more post of cruise pictures and I'll be back to Disney.

WBI

For our last dinner we went to our third specialty dinner of the trip at Qsine. It was crazy fun and good. You ordered from an Ipad.

DSC06233.jpg

DSC06234.jpg

Everything was meant to be shared, and was served in unique ways. Like spring rolls were served on actual springs, get it. I took lots of pictures:

DSC06237.jpg

Sushi lollipops:

DSC06236.jpg

Build your own Kobe sliders:

DSC06238.jpg

Rockin Shrimp (it had a strobe light)

DSC06239.jpg

Make your own guacamole:

DSC06241.jpg

Lobster escargot:

DSC06242.jpg

A special honeymoon cake:

DSC06244.jpg

This is the desert menu; it was a box that you flipped around lots of ways to read it:

DSC06245.jpg

DSC06246.jpg

DSC06247.jpg

Here’s build your own cupcakes:

DSC06250.jpg

I can’t begin to describe the meal, it was all so good. Our only complaint was we couldn’t try more because we were so full! Next time we will pay to eat there twice!

Sadly that was our last night so here’s my last picture from the cruise, it’s of me carrying three bags to the car…

DSC06255.jpg

Ok that caught me up to December, next up I'm going to post my Disney Christmas report, its pretty awesome!

WBI

Great TR and congrats on your marriage! Your wedding photog has some serious skills!

My wife and I honeymooned at Wilderness Lodge, and we also received a free upgrade to concierge. We didn't have shirts, but they asked if we were celebrating anything. Also, one night at Artist Point we received a free desert when our waitress noticed that my wedding band was shiny and new. She asked if we were newlyweds, then brought us dessert with champaigne. Disney rocks at things like that.