• 2 months later...

Mugs were out when we arrived 2 weeks ago ... don't know about chipping, but the mugs are smaller than in previous years!

I think Gwen is referring to the mugs which were introduced in February, 2011. They come in three colors: Pink, Teal and Black.

These were the mugs that were for sale at the Contemporary Resort when we visited on 2/29 and 3/1/12. And those same mugs were the only ones we saw at the Polynesian and Grand Floridian quick serve restaurants on 3/7/12.

As far as I have seen, they are still selling the 2011 version of the mugs. No new mugs for 2012 yet.

The chipping experiment was only being done at the All Star resorts. The experiment ended earlier this year, and there are no longer any cups with chips in use at the resorts at the present time. But, I don't think we have seen the last of that idea.

TCD

Have they said anything about actually limiting refills once the chips are in place (aside of the issue of using them beyond your stay)?

There was supposed to be a 5 minute "time out" so you could not get one refillable, keep filingl it and then pour into a bunch of other cups right in a row. (ie old mugs, non Disney mugs, paper cups etc.)