Re: Tent campers - Do any of you vacuum your site - or am I the only one

I bring a wet dry vac - and a carpet.  I just cant take the dirt.  Am I a crazy person?  Yes - It is probably time we moved up to a pop up.  I just was curios if anyone else brought a vac - or if I am - the only one.

:rofl2:

And we shall call her Mary Popins of duck tape. Lol.  :rofl2:

I bring a wet dry vac - and a carpet.  I just cant take the dirt.  Am I a crazy person?  Yes - It is probably time we moved up to a pop up.  I just was curios if anyone else brought a vac - or if I am - the only one.

:)

And we shall call her Mary Popins of duck tape. Lol.  ;)

Hmmm - perhaps that'll make a nice tag

I vac the 10x12 rug that I bring as well as the inside of the tents.  Dirt really bothers me.

I thought that you meant that you vacuumed the site prior to setting up.  LOL

Yes, I totally get where you're coming from.  I can't stand dirt, and the crushed shells at the Fort are even worse!

I found out the hard way on the last trip that, no matter how hard you try, there's NO WAY to keep the sand/shells off the rug under the easy up or from the inside of the tent. All I had was a small broom (think 6" handle) and tiny dust pan. I vacuumed the rugs when I got home.

For tomorrow's trip I have a full sized broom packed to try and keep up with it. 

I'm on vacation, though... I just can't do a vacuum.

We keep a blower in the MH.  I blow the site off once or twice a day & vac the inside of the MH each morning.  Now mind you at home, I wash floors when my feet stick to them, and vacuum the carpets when I can't find the cats!  :parrot:

LOL - thats pretty much true for us as well - I never thought about it before.

We keep a blower in the MH.  I blow the site off once or twice a day & vac the inside of the MH each morning.  Now mind you at home, I wash floors when my feet stick to them, and vacuum the carpets when I can't find the cats!  :parrot:

I can relate to that...  If I spent all of my time cleaning, when would I find time to get online?

We didn't vacuum our tent site for a couple of reasons.

1.  We never put out our rug.

2.  It didn't rain.  I would think that would make a difference.

3.  We didn't have any kids with us.  Now THAT would make ALOT of difference.  :flush2:

We did take a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet to put down in front of the tent door, but like I said, never got it out of the car.  Our tent had a porch type vestibule that had roof and sides but no floor, and I did put a chair there right outside the main door, and we took off our shoes before going inside the tent.  That probably helped keep most of the dirt out.  I did bring a whisk broom and dust pan, but never used it.

Besides, I was on vacation. :))

No vacuum, but we do bring a full size broom to keep the pup and rug under the awning swept up. Throw the rug over the clothes line before we leave and give it a good beating but still have to vacuum out the storage compartment when we get home to get the crushed rock out. That stuff gets everywhere. 

wow vacuum a campsite and my wife thought I have issues when i break out the rake.  :parrot: Im just riding ya. I was going to sudjest one of those sand free carpets. We use one with out trailer. When it gets dirty we just pick it u[p and place it back down or sweep it so the sand goes into the little holes. That one posted is a nice color.