That's silly. Why wouldn't they want golf carts at the Lodge? You would think that if they made it easy for people at the Fort to get there the more they would go there for drinks and dinner. I would be more likely to take my golf cart on a five minute drive then go to the bus stop, wait for the bus, take the bus around the fort and then finally arrive at the Lodge. Or wait for the boat to take me. I guess I'll just have to have a cocktail at Crockett's Tavern or find a Fiend to show me the secret golf cart path to the Lodge. Hahaha!

I agree we would eat at our trailer less and go to the lodge to eat if they would let us take our carts over there. Not to mention there are 3 different ways you can get there on a cart. They should let us use at least one. Some times Disney over looks ways to make money that would make people happy.

That's silly. Why wouldn't they want golf carts at the Lodge?

Not that I agree with the reasoning, but supposedly it is because of the way the parking is set up since they have Valet.

As to taking the bus it is a very fast, direct, ride from the Settlement bus stop to the Lodge and there is always ample parking in that small GC lot. The longest we have ever waited is about 5 minutes.

In case anyone is interested, Fort Wilderness guests used to be permitted to drive golf carts over the the Wilderness Lodge, from the time it opened in 1994, until some time around 2000/2001.

TCD

I'll bet some of the lovely campers parked in the circle instead of using the lot. Just like the idiot we saw in Sept who parked on the porch at the Settlement TP.

I'll bet some of the lovely campers parked in the circle instead of using the lot. Just like the idiot we saw in Sept who parked on the porch at the Settlement TP.

On the porch?

How in the world did they get a cart on the porch?

When you could drive to the Lodge, there was an area at the end of the path where you were supposed to leave your cart. That area is still there. They didn't let you drive into the actual parking lot, or up to the building. There were poles to block carts from going further. But you know how that goes.

When they stopped letting Fort guests drive carts over, I was told be a CM at the Bike Barn that it was because too many people had their carts die over there, and they were tired of going to fetch them. I don't believe that story. I think it was because too many people drove off the path and got into other mischief, and it was too hard to keep an eye on things over there.

TCD