While it might be different if you are staying in a tent or canvas sided vehicle, the only noise you will hear is the fireworks at 10PM. I have been coming to FW for over 30 years with and without a dog and never had a negative experience with anything related to K9's. For some reason I think the dogs pick up on it being a happy place and they behave accordingly.

Not unless one of them "Taco Bells" it. You know runs for the border.... ::)

Oh, Gary, that was too corny for words! :rofl2:

In Gary's defense, we DID see that happen!

Poor little Harley. He's just "special" :heart:

In Gary's defense, we DID see that happen!

Poor little Harley. He's just "special" :heart:

He's special,for sure. That was his first and probably last trip to the Fort. Poor baby would rather stay with his cousins at my DD's house,. I'd rather not chase him half way around the Fort! :rofl2:

We always stay on the 800 loop. In our opinion, if you are not next to a bad dog owner or unrulely children, it seems to be the most quiet if you get a site near the back. The back sites are especially nice for dog owners since there is a huge dog walk that goes along the back sites. We do not have a pet and 99% of the time on 800 we could not even tell it was a pet loop. I think only once during a Thanksgiving trip, our neighbors must have went to the park for the day and left thier dog in thier camper for the day with the windows open and it barked non stop from 7am to 10pm. Not a good day for someone who goes to the fort to relax, but it happens from time to time. 800 sites also seem a bit larger to us 816 to roughly 843 on the outside of the loop will back up to the dog walk

• 2 weeks later...

While it might be different if you are staying in a tent or canvas sided vehicle, the only noise you will hear is the fireworks at 10PM. I have been coming to FW for over 30 years with and without a dog and never had a negative experience with anything related to K9's. For some reason I think the dogs pick up on it being a happy place and they behave accordingly.

I agree that dogs pick up that being at The Fort is a happy place. Our cocker, that recently passed away, was a barker at everyplace but The Fort. We would ask him if he want to go to Disney World and he turned into a different dog. His last trip was Christmas and he loved it.

We always stay in the 1700 loop and have never had a problem with piles of pooh or dogs barking all night long. In general, I think pet owners tend to be responsible.

• 2 months later...

We've had some great doggie neighbors and one not so great. But it wasn't the dog's fault at all. Poor whittle dog. We pulled in to our site on Sunday around lunch time and the neighbors were not there. Dog in trailer barked some around 5ish. Then again around 8ish. It's owners showed up around 9. I almost wished the dog left them something special, but I didn't want to see the dog punished because of their carelessness. He was a Weimaraner so it wasn't like they could leave puppy pads for him. They left the next day and the new neighbors have very well behaved dogs and owners who come back frequently for their pets.

Went past the dog park a few times. Very well behaved pets in there too.

• 7 months later...

The loops we requested for this July include some pet loops. Like I posted at the time, the majority of the dog owners took good care of their pets and there were no issues. When I posted this thread, we had not even camped for the first time yet. LOL Such a newbie. Worrying about the silliest things. :D