TCD's College Road Trip (via the Fort)

:whew: I'm all caught up. I started reading when we left the Fort this morning and just finished at exit 69 in GA. Great pictures as always sorry we missed you by a day. :( I'll be waiting for your next adventure but for now I have 9 pages of new (to me) content to catch up on.

Thanks.

And, you don't need no stinkin' TCD trip reports around here this week.

Stef and Carol are blowing up the place!

Plus there are a few continuing TR's that are must reads- like MetalDad's, CharityCase's and rm0530's cruise report.

I'll bet you will be reading all the way home!

TCD

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos, but this kind of flattery doesn't work on me.

You must have me confused with Lou.

It's not flattery that works with me, it's Apple Pie or Strudel bribes.

And, I should have added earlier that the fact was not lost on me that these crappy buses seemed to be assigned only to the All Star resorts. They wouldn't dare send one of these crappy buses to one of the deluxe resorts.

They use the outside buses at the value resorts because of the high volume.

You're right, I don't recall seeing them used at any other resorts.

Andrew, My buddy actually just bought this for his iphone http://www.wowwee.com/en/products/tech/projection/cinemin/slice Check out the video. I have another friend who has the swivel. It will actually put out a 60" screen from 8ft away. I know the swivel is under $200. It's actually cool that you can of course download movies to your iphone or ipad and show them with great contrast in a big screen format. If you search, there are bigger micro projectors that would work for most apple devices. It's also cool that you don't have to haul any DVD's around if you have enough storage on your ipod/ipad. I'm thinking of the swivel for work to do presentations then use it to put a movie on the back door of the toy hauler. Pretty cool stuff

Andrew, My buddy actually just bought this for his iphone http://www.wowwee.co...n/cinemin/slice Check out the video. I have another friend who has the swivel. It will actually put out a 60" screen from 8ft away. I know the swivel is under $200. It's actually cool that you can of course download movies to your iphone or ipad and show them with great contrast in a big screen format. If you search, there are bigger micro projectors that would work for most apple devices. It's also cool that you don't have to haul any DVD's around if you have enough storage on your ipod/ipad. I'm thinking of the swivel for work to do presentations then use it to put a movie on the back door of the toy hauler. Pretty cool stuff

that is cool! I may need one of those.

Andrew, My buddy actually just bought this for his iphone http://www.wowwee.co...n/cinemin/slice Check out the video. I have another friend who has the swivel. It will actually put out a 60" screen from 8ft away. I know the swivel is under $200. It's actually cool that you can of course download movies to your iphone or ipad and show them with great contrast in a big screen format. If you search, there are bigger micro projectors that would work for most apple devices. It's also cool that you don't have to haul any DVD's around if you have enough storage on your ipod/ipad. I'm thinking of the swivel for work to do presentations then use it to put a movie on the back door of the toy hauler. Pretty cool stuff

Dave- That is a very cool little gadget. And they have them for sale on Amazon for less than $200. My girls could have a lot of fun with one of those, and I love the simplicity of it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Great report. Waiting for the next one. So take your twins camping

That is a good idea. But we have another big leg of the TCD 2012 College Road Trip coming up in a few weeks. I am trying to figure out how to include WDW in that trip, but it really isn't on the way.

After we get those college visits out of the way, it will be on!

TCD

The bad news is... I mistakenly thought this was an old TR that was bumped up and just now looked into the situation. This single parenting stuff has me brain dead I think. ;D

The good news is... I made it in on the 10th page! :banana:

HOWEVER......

No, sir. That would be KFK.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

This is wrong.

No, nothing wrong with that at all.

Thanks for straightening that out.

So, it's:

KFK-cowboy butts.

DIT-chipmunk butts.

TCD

This is very very wrong.

Although, I'd rather be associated with CB's much rather than chipmunk butts.

Stay tuned.

I do have a cowboy butt photo.

I didn't take it on purpose, I swear.

But since I have it, I'll share it.

That won't be coming up until near the end of the report.

Somebody let KFK know.

Please see the cowboy butt comment above.

I am beginning to see a theme forming here. Yes, I am very sharp and quick on the draw.

Can you imagine the size of the butt on the cowboy who could wear those boots?

Wait, forget I said that.

Thanks.

TCD

Ok... that deserves one great big KFK "OH LAWD!!" and a facepalm :facepalm:

I have to admit that all this cowboy talk has me in the mood.

For beans.

Oh, and woo hoo, I made the 4th page...

I suck.

I made it on the 10th page. I hate to know what that makes me! :rofl2:

Seriously, Great Report Andrew! As always ... entertaining, informative and downright funnnnyyy!

TCD I must say awesome as always! Your reports make me smile and seeing your relationship with all of your girls is heartwarming. Keep it up!

Thanks, Eric.

I do enjoy spending time with my girls.

The bad news is... I mistakenly thought this was an old TR that was bumped up and just now looked into the situation. This single parenting stuff has me brain dead I think. ;D

The good news is... I made it in on the 10th page! :banana:

Well, it is about time, Missy!

I'm glad that you finally figured out that we were talking about you.

I would have thought your Cowboy Butt-DAR would have been going off strong!

But, you are right, at least you made it!

And that's all that counts.

I'm not sure I should ask, but what do you mean by "single parenting stuff?" Did H get a new job?

TCD

Well, it is about time, Missy!

I'm glad that you finally figured out that we were talking about you.

I would have thought your Cowboy Butt-DAR would have been going off strong!

But, you are right, at least you made it!

And that's all that counts.

I'm not sure I should ask, but what do you mean by "single parenting stuff?" Did H get a new job?

TCD

I'm glad I figured it out too! It would be a downright shame to miss out on a TCD FW TR!

Cowboy Butt-DAR?!? :rofl2: Ok..I'll accept that ... but don't tell H. He might get CBE (cowboy butt envy) ;D

Yes, H DID get a new job after being laid off for 6 months. And we are grateful... BUT it is in South GA so he is only home on the weekend until all of the training/orientation process is over. After that there will be longer breaks. :) We are not separated. :))

I'm glad I figured it out too! It would be a downright shame to miss out on a TCD FW TR!

Cowboy Butt-DAR?!? :rofl2: Ok..I'll accept that ... but don't tell H. He might get CBE (cowboy butt envy) ;D

Yes, H DID get a new job after being laid off for 6 months. And we are grateful... BUT it is in South GA so he is only home on the weekend until all of the training/orientation process is over. After that there will be longer breaks. :) We are not separated. :))

Glad to hear H got a new job. Also glad to hear you and H are still together (atleast on the weekends). ;D