A Stressed Out Carol Goes Moochin' Trip Report

Howdy all!!

Work is killin me.

I sit for weeks on end in the office, with very little to do, then it all piles up at once, and on top of my vacation plans!!!

I have plans for a WONDERFUL trip starting out with the girls weekend at the Fort starting Feb 17, then my family will join me on Feb 22 - 26.

Well, the girls weekend just got pooped on!! :banghead:

I had come back from work travel on Wednesday night with lots of hours for the pay period, but went into work on Thursday to do travel vouchers, do some coordinating on upcoming workload, and clean out my email.

Then all of a sudden, my coworker is overworked and needs my help and I stay late on Thursday night. :blowup:

By the time I got home, I had enough!!!!! :panic: :gaah: :th_2mo5pow:

Rick and I talked. I called Lorna (who was at the Fort), and after conversing with her, Doodle, and my DH, I was headin for the Fort for the weekend with a tent in the back of the truck, and I was gonna mooch sand pads for 3 nights!!

I emailed my boss, got the OK

I tossed some clothes in a suitcase, packed a small bin with Kahlua, Amaretto, Blue Solo cups, and other small stuff, grabbed my bin with the tent necessities, my shower bag, a chair, and my Fort Fiends sign and was ready to go in 20 minutes!!

Friday morning, Rick had a medical thing we had to go to, then after dropping him at the house, I was on the road!!!

(Don't feel bad for Rick, this was his idea!!)

More coming soon!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GREAT TRIP REPORT!!!! So glad you came it was a wonderful weekend. My arss hurts from sitting. I know Carol's goal is to get me out of the campground at least once a trip, so far she did it this trip

I want Tony to kick me out the house so I can go to the Fort! :rofl2: :heart: :rofl2:

You should try it some time. Sometimes vacationing apart is just the ticket!!

Next time you go mooching with a tent for a weekend, I expect a phone call young lady, i'd drop DH and all five kids to join ya'll in a heart beat!! LOL

Rick is my dream man.. :heart:

NOTED!!! He is a sweety!!!

It was such a nice surprise!! We all had a great time! :popcorn:

Yes we did!!!!!

OK, now onto the report!! There will be COPIOUS amounts of pictures on this report because just before Christmas, I got this

IMG_20111222_153902-2.jpg

IMG_20111222_153855-1.jpg

I went nuts!! I still have a lot to learn about this thing. Most of my pics were shot on auto, or auto without flash, but even those results are TONS better than my wobbly results from previous trip reports.

My biggest victory is battery power and speed. I went the entire weekend taking over 500 pictures and the battery doesn't even show it's gone down any. I can also go click, click, click really fast!!

Love it!!

OK, on with the report.

Friday, Feb 3, 2012

I left home about 11:20 AM Central Time, punched the cruise on 75-76, and made excellent time and excellent gas mileage the whole way. Pretty cool when not pulling the trailer :-)

Pulled into the Fort about 10:30 PM Eastern, showed my ID and told the guard I was guest of Lorna. The guard barely glanced at my DL, and didn't check any clipboards or anything. Some security!!

When I arrive at Lorna's site, I am greeted with Trevor wobbling out front to move his golf cart so I could park and proclaiming that he was DRUNK!!

There were lots of Fiends visiting.

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

IMG_4614.jpg

Lorna insisted that I was NOT going to set up my tent that night and that I should sleep on the couch. I gladly complied!!

A pic of Buddy playing on the floor

IMG_4615.jpg

Nighty night!!! A long day, but the instant I arrived, I felt whole again!! I was in my happy place!!!

Good for you!

Why blue Solo cups?

Is that an Auburn thing?

They make Orange ones, too, you know.

TCD

It's a blue truck, blue Mouse-ke-T@B, blue is my favorite color thing. They were on the counter of the camper when I was grabbin stuff to bring.

Thanks for joinin!!

ohhhhhhhhhhh Love the Camera Carol, I have one of those! We should take some class or something and learn how to use it. I had mine for a year and still havent figured it all out!

the fiends look haaaaaaaappy.. :)

Judy, they sell an instructional DVD for the camera. I've watched it, and plan on rewatching several times and trying the settings while watching. It is at Best Buy. $25.

The Fiends were happy!!!

Congratulations on the new camera.

Those are really good photos!

That is the same camera TCD twin #1 has. If you need any pointers, let me know. That girl is pretty good with hers.

TCD

Thanks TCD. I'll be sure to compare notes next time I see her!!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

I wake up pretty early on Saturday, get online for a few minutes, then head off for the comfort station.

Rich and Lorna get up shortly after that and Rich fixed breakfast. Then somebody is bangin on the door. Looky who has showed up!!

IMG_4616.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

We wander outside to the chairs and continue more conversation and laughter with Fiends. TJ and Missy are waiting for their site to be ready.

I snap a few pictures from my chair.

IMG_4619.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

More Fiends drop by

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

We still have some site pictures to get for the Site app, so CJ and I go on a looping mission!!

None of our needed site pictures are empty, but we do get a few neat pictures along the way.

IMG_4634.jpg

This is Draft Horse Crazy's Site

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

Some cool Golf Carts

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

We stopped by the trading post to look around and get slushies to quench the thirst

The Meadows lake was busy with lots of people!!

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

More random pictures around the Fort

IMG_4646.jpg

IMG_4647.jpg

IMG_4648.jpg

IMG_4649.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

We stopped by TJs to harrass visit with him for a few minutes

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4655.jpg

IMG_4656.jpg

This was a unique camper, almost like a tumbleweed house

IMG_4657.jpg

Some brown vegetation in the swamp

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

IMG_4661.jpg

As we headed back to 341, look what we saw!

IMG_4662.jpg

That's the only picture I've got, cause before we could get our "ass in gear" to take Buddy over there, they had left.

More Fiends are visiting!!

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

Here we are in our usual mode for the weekend!

IMG_4666.jpg

Some more random pics from my chair

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4669.jpg

Lorna, Jen, CJ, and myself decide to go out loopin

IMG_4670.jpg

IMG_4671.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4673.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4676.jpg

Great start Carol!! Trevor was drunk?? I never realized it! ::)

Love all the pictures, except for mine. I was deep in text mode.

Glad that you made it down for a short visit, it was good to see you.

Yes, fiends, she can click & snap away with that darn camera! I don't think I ever had time to do any model poses. :hah:

Great start Carol!! Trevor was drunk?? I never realized it! ::)

Love all the pictures, except for mine. I was deep in text mode.

Glad that you made it down for a short visit, it was good to see you.

Yes, fiends, she can click & snap away with that darn camera! I don't think I ever had time to do any model poses. :hah:

Likewise Stef!! It was great spending time with Fiends!!!

Hey, you are good with that new camera already!

Great photos!

Thanks for posting the photo of that cabin-looking thing on the 1500 loop. I saw that during my brief visit to the Fort last week, but I didn't get a photo. I wonder what the deal is with that thing?

TCD

I'm sure it's a homemade camper. As you know, I camp often with folks that make tiny campers in all shapes and sizes. As long as it has wheels and a bed inside and it works for them, go for it!!! I just wish I had a better picture. The folks were home when I looped by, so didn't wanna stop and take lots of pictures.