Lorna has LEFT the campground!!!

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4919.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

IMG_4925.jpg

IMG_4926.jpg

And here is our destination, the Poly!! Guess what we're here for??!!

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4930.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4932.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

IMG_4934.jpg

IMG_4935.jpg

IMG_4936.jpg

IMG_4937.jpg

Here it is, the one, the only...........

DOLE WHIP!!!!

Mine

IMG_4938.jpg

Doodle

IMG_4939.jpg

Mike

IMG_4940.jpg

Lorna is the winner!!!

IMG_4941.jpg

Then we wandered outside to eat our Dole Whips and work our way to the beach for the Fireworks!!

That's coming next, plus something that I think Monique might not have even found :hah:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GREAT TRIP REPORT!!!! So glad you came it was a wonderful weekend. My arss hurts from sitting. I know Carol's goal is to get me out of the campground at least once a trip, so far she did it this trip

More fireworks pics for your viewing pleasure (or pain)

FYI, to get these, I found a post sticking up in the sand, and sat the camera on top. Couldn't angle it the way I wanted without a tripod. Also, I just had it on auto without a flash. I'm thinking I may have to find a different setting.

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_4984.jpg

IMG_4990.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4994.jpg

IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_5002.jpg

IMG_5005.jpg

IMG_5008.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5018.jpg

IMG_5019.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5039.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5043.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

And that's it for the fireworks. Had to quit half way through cause it was starting to sprinkle, so had to hide the camera under my sweatshirt. Didn't want a paperweight on my hands.

After leaving the Poly, we took the boat to the MK, then got on a VERY crowded boat back to the Fort.

We were pleased to report for Linda (Grumpy and Grandma) that there is an accessible path from the monorail all the way to a wide concrete walkway right on the beach, so she could very easily see the fireworks from the Poly beach!!

We got to the Fort, and gathered under Doodle's awning for more conversation, and Toasted Almonds!!!!

As you have probably figured out, Lorna and Rich DID stay the extra night, and I slept on the couch again. I felt bad for having to move this sweet fellow. I just picked him up blanket and all and moved him to Rich's chair.

IMG_5050.jpg

Nighty Night!!

What is it with Lorna trying to kill fiends with electricity?! ???

And why is Mike raising his hand in the Poly lawn chair? Did he have to go potty?

I'm thinking it was the after effects from the electric shock.8615315-illustration-cartoon-boy-take-the-electrician-shock-on-the-wire.jpg

Your fireworks pictures came out pretty good, Carol.

OK, lets finish this one up.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Once again awake fairly early, get online, head for the comfort station, then load all my stuff in the truck.

Then I head out on the cart one last time. Stop by and say my goodbye's to Fiends around the campground.

The only picture I get is this.

A Six Seater Fort Golf Cart

IMG_5051.jpg

Then I head back to Lorna's site and say my goodbye's to Lorna, Rich, Doodle, and Mike, then hop in the truck and head on.

I stop by Downtown Disney, cause I wanted some Earl of Sandwich for the road.

A few pics

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5055.jpg

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5057.jpg

Another Volcano under refurb....... Is there only one volcano refurb company in town and Disney got them to work on all their volcanos at once :rofl2:

IMG_5058.jpg

World of Disney, was hunting for a Mickey Camera Strap for the new camera

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5060.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

Basin behind construction walls

IMG_5063.jpg

IMG_5064.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5069.jpg

In line at Earl of Sandwich

IMG_5070.jpg

IMG_5071.jpg

IMG_5072.jpg

IMG_5073.jpg

And that my dear Fiends is all!! I hopped back in the truck, filled up at the Hess Station by the Boardwalk, then put the cruise on 75-76 and headed home.

I got even better gas mileage on the way home, and reached the house at 9pm Central (Left Downtown Disney about 11:30 am Eastern). Only had a minor slowdown in Atlanta on I-20.

I figured out something. I have 180 miles of my trip in Alabama, right at 300 miles in Georgia, and almost exactly 200 miles in Florida.

Thanks so much to all the gracious Fiends that let me crash at their place, fed me, gave me drinks, and let me use their golf cart!!

Most of all thanks for giving me the stress free weekend I needed to get through this next week of work!!

I LOVE you all!!!!

Until next time!!

Lorna is the winner!!!

IMG_4941.jpg

Way to go, Lorna!!

We definitely need to have a Fiend Dole Whip contest next GG.

The Poly may never be the same... :rofl2:

That's coming next, plus something that I think Monique might not have even found :hah:

I love it when people find stuff I don't know about.

'Cause then I do! :jumpforjoy

Really great job with the photos, Carol. You're definitely getting the hang of the fancy new camera!

Loved your TR. One thing is for sure - when Fiends gather there is no shortage of 3 things...

FOOD

DRINKS!!

YAKKING!!! :heartsmiley:

All good things must end, it stinks but we know there will be a next time. I'm so glad you were able to have this weekend get away. Till next time, dear Fiend. Your next TR will be even better cause I know you have learned all the ins and outs of that awesome camera.

Better late than never!! Wowie! What a great report Carol! :yay:

It looks like you really did CLICK CLICK CLICK really fast... and often! The new cam is awesome! Love ALL of the photos!

Wonderful times with wonderful fiends.... I'm glad you had a nice time (and didn't even have to sleep in the tent).

Sooooo did ya find the camera strap? or did I miss it? ;D

:bravo:

Better late than never!! Wowie! What a great report Carol! :yay:

It looks like you really did CLICK CLICK CLICK really fast... and often! The new cam is awesome! Love ALL of the photos!

Wonderful times with wonderful fiends.... I'm glad you had a nice time (and didn't even have to sleep in the tent).

Sooooo did ya find the camera strap? or did I miss it? ;D

:bravo:

Thanks Kim!!! Yes, I DID find the camera strap!!

great tr, carol! so, glad you were able to escape for a weekend. :)

lorna--love the dole whip pic. everyone's dole whip looked great but, lorna..... she was proud of hers!! :rofl2:

yes, carol--one nice thing about the lil pups - you can just pick up the pile and move them. they don't care at all.

thanks for taking us along..

My son happened to walk in right when I got to the pic of Lorna's Dole Whip and his eyes almost bugged out of his head and he said "I want one of those and I want her to make it for me!" LOL

Lorna has a new calling in life! :rofl2:

What a fun getaway and a great report!!