Hello,

We had to cancel our vacation this year to the fort, because of having to buy a new furnace 3 days before Christmas.

We have rescheduled the trip for June of 2013. I am just curious, are the crowds as bad as I've heard in June? Our dates

will probably be from the 11th to the 25th. We usually go in "off" times, but because this will be my sons senior year we

don't want him to miss anything. So June is the only time we can fit it in.

Touring Plans gives our month 7 to 8s. Which much better than 8-10s for July and the early part of August.

I don't expect it changes much from year to year.

Will be waiting here with you for real world experience from the other Fiends.

The beginning of June is better than the end. I happen to go at the end because I am "not that smart." :rofl2:

I also happen to enjoy being there at the the Fourth as well, but not at the parks. So, if you can plan your trip on being at the parks for a little while at a time and going and doing something else for a while, you should be fine. I would suggest you use the application LINES for the android and iphone that tells you what the real wait times are for things and not what is posted. This will help you plan your trip accordingly.

If you won't have a smart phone with you, you can still check out the crowd predictions ahead of time on the Touring Plans site...

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/crowd-calendar

You get much more detailed info, including the ability to get custom touring plans, if you subscribe. Also if you have a subscription and do happen to snag a smart phone for your trip, you get the Lines app for free.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Lou. I wondered if it drew crowds away from the other parks or not

Unofficial estimates are that each park holds anywhere from 75K to 100K people. When you add up all of those people, plus those at the BW, DTD, TL, BB, etc, whatever number the Star Wars weekend event brings in is a drop in the bucket.

There are much bigger groups and events that go on during the year and they really don't impact the parks a whole lot. WDW is a huge, huge place.

I'm hoping that since we are staying for 2 weeks that the crowds will just make it take a little longer to do all that we want to do. I pray for patience as often as I can!!

You'll be fine. Lots of people do it. Try to go in the parks when most of the others aren't.

You know, the more often I visit, the less I notice the crowds. If an attraction line is too long, I skip it, if it's so bad in the park, I can't walk, I leave. Just strolling around soaking up some atmosphere is fine by me. If there is something I REALLY want to do, I plan for it. (Like going to HS at rope drop for the Toy Story Mania Stampede)

Yes, we will just have to relax on this trip. It will probable be our last big family vacation with all of the kids. :(

Oldest will have just graduated from High School. Just trying to do everything they want to because of this.

I hope you have more luck than I did on that "last family trip" We took them when my oldest graduated high school, and that was fine, but then we repeated the trip when my youngest graduated high school, and it was a bit of a disaster, let's just say they spent a lot of time in the hotel, and didn't really want to go anywhere till about 2 in the afternoon. Fortunately they had started late night magic hours at that time, so the boys got to do a few things, but DH and myself were still getting up early, so we couldn't hang late with them. Plus they were GRUMPS!!