FW with no park tickets?

:welcome:

My last two trips to the Fort, I didn't step foot inside a park. Honestly...I didn't even miss it! The campground is just fun on its own. Rent a golf cart and go looping. Take time to see the sights at the other resorts. The flowers (and grounds in general) should be beautiful in April. Have fun!!

• 1 month later...

It would probably work better blowing the dog hair out of the TT too! :rofl2:

Now that's a great idea, especially with the collie clumps. LOL I just had one of those "why didn't I think of that" moments... :faceplant2:

It IS genius, and DH has been saying for years that we should bring one for all the cypress needles in the 300 loop.

We just opened the camper this weekend. I'd cleaned it pretty well before we left the Fort but I went over the carpets/floor again... and threw out a gerbil's worth of dog hair!

Look for the most compact and versatile tool kit. One that has all the screwdriver bits and all the sockets. Most of your little jobs won't need more than one handle at a time (or one of each type). When you find out which ones you actually need you can buy sturdy ones. Most of your repair work will be leisurely, except when the kitchen drawer falls apart. Or the cupboard door. A variety pack of screws & nails & stuff.

A supply of disposable plastic (or similar if you're allergic) gloves for dumping. Watch when they show you how it works. I spent 10 minutes the first time I dumped trying to screw the valves on the waste water tanks -- they actually pull out.

Thanks! We've gotten together some tools and a big set that has various sockets, etc. Hopefully we'll have everything we need, and if we don't, I've already told DH to expect us to make a million trips to Wal Mart or Camping World. :D Gloves! Crap- I forgot gloves! I need to add that to my list of last minute things to get tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Welcome to this crazy group of fiends. None of us have much sense but we are a loving, caring group. All except Lou and he makes me say that. You will love being at the Fort and visiting all the free things it has to offer. My husband and our son (who has special needs) often go out for a ride on the monorail and then back to camp. They love doing that.

Just go to get the hang of camping and enjoy every minute of it.