Irish dancing squirrels eating bananas in the rain...or something like that

Okay boys and girls, here is my teeny tiny trip report from our trip last weekend...

It starts with date night :hugsmiley: , then on to a little Irish dancing at the bar with our 5 year old (don't judge), and ends in relaxing at the fort with the cutest koozie you've ever seen.

So our tickets are about to expire, dd's already did, so dh and I hit the parks on our own for some rollercoasters. :rollercoaster: We had just enough time for rocking rollercoaster and tower of terror before hollywood closed, then we ran...fast...to our car to get into MK in time to hit space and a few more. I saw a pic of my ff.net sign on the site while waiting in line for space and this was my face...

6.jpg

I was soooooo excited. Run over to the "do you have your sign" thread, I was posting there as I was getting into my seat. (This pic is actually from aerosmith, but you get the idea.)

We hit philharmagic, I teared up, then we did buzz. No joke, our scores were like 200,000 to 64. Im not even lying. And I was trying too!

Then on the way out it was hot dogs for Rick from Caseys. I stole his coleslaw. It was deeeeeeelicious. If you have not had it, try it. So good.

That concludes part 1. I wanna make sure I did the pic right before I ramble any more.

Allright, so night two, we decided on a family date. Where to go on a family date? To the Irish pub of course! DD loves the Irish dancers, and I love the Irish coffee, so to downtown disney we went for Raglan Road. After a few of my fav Irish coffees topped with heavy cream, OMG, so good, my server suprised me with his favorite beer, apparently called a Kill Kevin? Annnyways, that was delicious! A couple of buy one get one free coupons later... :beer:

5.jpg

So the whole time they provide live music on stage, these guys are really great! Then every half hour or so the dancers get on stage and put on a show. DD got brave enough to dance THE ENTIRE TIME right in the middle of the restaurant. The servers had to go around her every time they delivered food or walked by. We were there for 4 hours. I know the management must have a policy there to allow this kind of thing b/c you could tell if there wasn't a rule that this was allowed, someone would have kindly asked us to get our kid back in her seat. Instead, every server, hostess, dancer, manager, etc, stopped by to tell us how great she was and gave her a high five. So she danced. And danced. She made a friend. And they danced. Finally, at about hour 3, the dancers came down to invite the girls up on stage. Well, she marched her little dancing booty up there and did her thing. :doodebug: Why the dancing fairy smiley? Here's a video of DD, shes the one on the right. In the ballerina costume. With the wings. We let her dress herself when she's not in school uniform. Self expression and all. So here goes, Raglan Road Irish dancers...and my daughter

http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/r525/bsprice33/?action=view&current=IMG_1101.mp4

If you can't tell, that's me SCREAAAAAMING in the background.

After the show, we got to talk to a couple of the dancers. When this one here:

4.jpg

asked my dd what kind of dancing she usually does, she replied, "Ballet. And Irish." :rofl2:

If anyone has ever been to this place, you know there is a separate stage that is about 5 foot by 5 foot, raised up in the middle of the bar. They do solos there. By 11PM, dd and friend decided to climb these stairs and put on a show of their own. We all put up our arm railings, safety first folks, and they did their thing. Unfortunately we were out of battery at this point on the camera. This night goes down in history. Amazing.

Up next, we set up campsite and catch a squirrel doing the unimaginable. :eek:

Awesome for you and your daughter!!!!!! :heartsmiley:

Will have to try the beer next time :beer: , and would need many of those to have the courage to do what your daughter did!!!!! That is terrrific!!! :batman:

I'm in. love the pics of your DD. So cute! and what a special night for her to remember! :heartsmiley:

I have my own squirrel who does the unimaginable but, unlike you, no matter what I try I can't catch him. That makes me an official member of the anti-squirrel club now...

Awesome for you and your daughter!!!!!! :heartsmiley:

Thanks!!

Will have to try the beer next time :beer: , and would need many of those to have the courage to do what your daughter did!!!!! That is terrrific!!! :batman:

Yes, do try it, it's great!

Probably post to Youtube. Following along good so far. :)

Thanks for the tip. I am gonna keep trying to see what I can figure out. Thanks for following along!

This is awesome so far!!

Thanks! You've given me the motivation to keep it going :)

I love Raglan Road!! I wish I had been there for your dd's debut! She is so cute!!

Aww, thanks!

Raglan Road is awesome! One of our favorite eating joints. We will be there by the second night if not earlier in October, for Guinness at least. :beer:

Good plan!

I'm in. love the pics of your DD. So cute! and what a special night for her to remember! :heartsmiley:

I have my own squirrel who does the unimaginable but, unlike you, no matter what I try I can't catch him. That makes me an official member of the anti-squirrel club now...

Thank you, that's sweet!

Well, I guess that brings us to our squirrel...back soon!

So what's all this talk about squirrels? Well, I've been an official fiend for about two weeks now, and I've definately noticed there is something about squirrels that gets you guys excited. So I hear my daughter say mooooooom...looooook!! And there it was...a squirrel up in a tree eating a banana. I watched him peel it like a monkey and take a bite. I then had the idea to grab my phone to snap a pic. Forgive me, the image is not great, I had a very short window to catch this shot, but here it is, a squirrel eating a banana

8-1.jpg

So now we are at the site setting up on Friday night. We had been staying with family while dh worked, but now it was time to camp. It poured down rain while we checked in and this is my first time tent camping since we sold our TT so I do admit I teared up. Not only are we "roughing it", but it is also POURING! :badmood: We got to our site, cracked open a beer, cranked up the tunes, and I felt so much better. The tent went up fast and since we discovered we didn't have our ezup canopy cover with us, there was nothing else to set up. The rain stopped and we went for a bike/scooter ride (dh and dd on their bikes, me on my scooter...no bikes for me, bad knees). I somehow managed to rip up my leg on the scooter...I was gonna do a pic here but Ill spare you, its bad. We watched the EWP and ate an entire box of entenmanns soft chocolate chip cookies (you know the ones) and called it a night. I slept like a baby. DH on the other hand said he didnt get a wink. Between the direct spotlights shining in the tent from the CS, the kid playing the drums on the ice machine at 3AM, and the fact his air mattress had a hole so he was on the ground by morning, he didn't do so well. But we had a beautiful day Saturday morning and it was time for my new coffee mug, a trip to Bob's dock (where I actually said to the guy that was there, "Are you Bob?"), and a new koozie!!

I'm not so sure about that photo- it could be an ear of corn that squirrel is eating and not a banana.

LOL at you asking the guy on Bob's dock if he was Bob. Good job!

TCD

Ya, thanks to you fiends and your amazing pics, I now want a new fancy camera to get all the good stuff with...like that squirrel with a banana.

Ok when you asked if he was Bob did he act offended? :)

Haha, he kind of looked at me funny. The funniest was my dh...he looked at me like who's Bob?!? I explained that this was Bob's dock and that he's famous for it. The guy told me that in that case, it wasn't him because he definately wasn't famous in any way, even for a dock.

Great update! By the way, the squirrel reference is from the movie "UP" You know every time the dog sees a squirrel, he gets distracted and excited!!

Ha! I thought so! thanks for getting me in the loop for that :)