So I am compiling my list of items that I will need when I go to the fort so far i have...

tent

air mattress (twin)

sleeping bag

coffee pot

extension cord

power strip

air pump

flashlight or lantern ( i do have a nice flashlight app on my phone plus a head lamp)

fan

pillow

coffee

mug

water

cereal

shelf stable milk

trash bags

toss away bowls and spoons (unless i can snag some from trails end)

easy mac

chips

clothes

toiletries shower shoes

what else am I missing or could possibly need? I am flying so 50lbs is my limit plus my duffle carry on for over head and my backpack for under the seat...

I'm not really worried about a seat cause doesnt the campsites have picnic table? and im not really planning on cooking but I figured easy mac is a quick meal/snack i'm cheap and so the less i have to buy at wdw for food the better.. I was thinking of maybe shipping down a small box of food

Jill

I'm super excited

I'm only going for like 4 days and can re-wear 2 pairs of shorts I've done worse hiking... so im not truely worried about laundry but that'll be good for longer trips... if this goes well I may go longer in sept/oct for a MNSSHP

I am thrilled to see you do this! I TOLD my DH we should do the same and he laughed at me...

Please make sure you fill us in on how things go. I want to use your trip as an example and an "I told you so". :)

I wouldn't have a microwave but I can make it by running water through the coffee maker and then pouring the hot water into the easy Mac covering it and letting it stoop for a few minutes kinda like cup of soup... At least I hope it would work that way I should test it before I leave home..

What's the barrel?

Also do I even want to question the green hose?

I'm not a giant oatmeal fan..

Not sure that you want to know about the barrels (see the WWW TR).

Green hose is left on site and may have been used for most anything, including things you wouldn't want to drink after.

Agreed on oatmeal.

We have been planning on doing this for some time. Please let us know how things go. I would agree with sheets and a blanket instead of sleeping bag. That is what we did tent camping in December. Target and JC Penny sells Bobbles. The Bobble is a filtered water bottle. VERY lite and runs around 10.00. Yes, there are picnic tables at the site.

What tent do you have?

I just booked my trip! And I started to read www trip report and did get to the barrels definitely a much better use of quarters then laundry...

I have several tents super lightweight backpacking tents a four person tent which is prob what I'll bring and a giant 10 person tent... I will most likely know bring my bigger air mattress since I booked flights with southwest and have more room to negotiate weight and all and will also bring sheets as well

I will check out the bobble bottle next time I'm at target

Since this is the first time I'll have camped by myself and at the fort most likely I will take tons of pictures of what I'm doing so a full trip report will follow or at least be in progress while I'm there...

With the roll out of free wifi at the hotels does the fort now also have free wifi?

Thanks

Jill

I just booked my trip! And I started to read www trip report and did get to the barrels definitely a much better use of quarters then laundry... I have several tents super lightweight backpacking tents a four person tent which is prob what I'll bring and a giant 10 person tent... I will most likely know bring my bigger air mattress since I booked flights with southwest and have more room to negotiate weight and all and will also bring sheets as well I will check out the bobble bottle next time I'm at target Since this is the first time I'll have camped by myself and at the fort most likely I will take tons of pictures of what I'm doing so a full trip report will follow or at least be in progress while I'm there... With the roll out of free wifi at the hotels does the fort now also have free wifi? Thanks Jill

They have free wi-fi at the trading posts at the very least...so that should help. Have a great time!

It would be awesome to meet tcd and ive read about being spiked that would make my trip specially if they both happen

I'm working on making a tardis (it's a time machine from dr who) for my site