As many know on here and have also said, if you want a bike for more than 3 or 4 days and you have a way to get to the closest Wal-mart, you would be better buying a $59 bike and pay it forward when you left. $18 a day x 3 days = $54.00

As many know on here and have also said, if you want a bike for more than 3 or 4 days and you have a way to get to the closest Wal-mart, you would be better buying a $59 bike and pay it forward when you left. $18 a day x 3 days = $54.00

I've heard of refrigerator and stroller swaps like this at Disney...where folks would make plans online to use a fridge or stroller and then get it to the next person at the end of their vacation. Wonder if there is any way to work the logistics of having some Fiend bikes available for use? A Fiend Bike Swap.

I've heard of refrigerator and stroller swaps like this at Disney...where folks would make plans online to use a fridge or stroller and then get it to the next person at the end of their vacation. Wonder if there is any way to work the logistics of having some Fiend bikes available for use? A Fiend Bike Swap.

I have always thought that the logistics of trying to do a swap would be too hard. One refrigerator is one thing. A bunch of bikes, and where to keep them in between uses is the problem.

What I think could work, though, is to have some Fiendcycles that could be kept at one of the long term visitors' sites. Or locked to a bike rack somewhere. Fiends would get the combo to the lock, and they could be first come first served.

The city of Tampa tried something like this a couple of years ago. They bought a bunch of bikes and painted them day glow orange. The concept was people could just pick one up and use it to get around town, then leave it for the next guy. I think they all disappeared within a few weeks. oops.

I could see the same thing happening with Fiendcycles.

TCD

I think the bike swap is a great idea. I'll start one this Christmas. Forget logistics I'm buying one a walmart for my DD7 and pay it forward to a fellow Fiend and ask them to pay it forward when they leave to another fiend. I wonder how long the bike will remain at the fort? Maybe I'll think of away to right my name and date on it and encourage others to do the same. Just an idea.

I think the bike swap is a great idea. I'll start one this Christmas. Forget logistics I'm buying one a walmart for my DD7 and pay it forward to a fellow Fiend and ask them to pay it forward when they leave to another fiend. I wonder how long the bike will remain at the fort? Maybe I'll think of away to right my name and date on it and encourage others to do the same. Just an idea.

This is great!

(Can we start a pool on how long it'll stick around?)

Tie a big sharpie to it somehow so everyone that uses it can "autograph" it.

And maybe if you cover it in Snarky stickers people will think twice about stealing it. :rofl2: