Our first trip to Legoland.

TCD, unless you have children under mid teens (which I know that is not you), Legoland is really not worth the visit. It is geared towards a Lego fanatic or smaller kids. All of the roller coasters are very tame and the park is well, Legos. The ospreys and the full moon is a factor of me being a science teacher and I am sorry you have to put up with it. :rofl2:

On my camera, I can zoom in real close and it makes the pictures really cool, but unless you are into raptors, I won't bore you.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well folks, not many people have seen what the old Cypress Gardens has turned into, but you will see now. All my pictures did not upload to Photobucket, but I will get in as many as I can as fast as

here's one I made at work with my participants... they came up with the concept and build everything.. this is the first one we made i have a few others on my work computer that have more legos involv

thanks! they are lots of fun to make...that took about a month... close to 300 photos

Wow, that is a lot of work for a short video. But, it looks like it was a fun project.

TCD, unless you have children under mid teens (which I know that is not you), Legoland is really not worth the visit. It is geared towards a Lego fanatic or smaller kids. All of the roller coasters are very tame and the park is well, Legos. The ospreys and the full moon is a factor of me being a science teacher and I am sorry you have to put up with it. :rofl2:

On my camera, I can zoom in real close and it makes the pictures really cool, but unless you are into raptors, I won't bore you.

I was just yanking your chain about the osprey and full moon photos. I, of all people, have no right to call anyone out for posting too many photos of the same thing.

And, for the record, I am pro-osprey- we have a lot of them over here on my side of Florida near the gulf. I didn't know they nested that far inland in central Florida. Oh, and I am pro-full moon too. So, it's all good.

TCD

Very cool looking place, Jen. I don't see getting there as none of my girls are into Legos. Is it a boy thing? I loved legos when I was a kid. But we never had anyplace cool like that.

I also visited there as a kid when it was Cypress Gardens. Somewhere at home I have pics of some women dressed as Southern Belles...is that the right place?

That was a pretty poor turnout at the Hollywood Bowl. Doesn't say much for the band.

I also visited there as a kid when it was Cypress Gardens. Somewhere at home I have pics of some women dressed as Southern Belles...is that the right place?

Yes Dave!! As soon as I saw the lake pictures with the ski jumps, that's what I thought about. They also had clowns & a ski team!

1974 :)

Cypressgardens1974001.jpg

Cypressgardens1974003.jpg

Cypressgardens1974002.jpg

Sorry for the hijack Jen, Dave & I were reminiscing.

• 6 months later...

ok---did you by chance check out any campgrounds around legoland?

Also-- Is this a park where you would need more than one day?

I have 6 & 3 year old boys that LOVE legos---but the admission price is pricey---- I see a Quaker Oatmeal discount buy 1 adult get 1 child free...but thats still over $150 for one day---

Whats your thoughts? Greatly appreciated!!!

ok---did you by chance check out any campgrounds around legoland?

Also-- Is this a park where you would need more than one day?

I have 6 & 3 year old boys that LOVE legos---but the admission price is pricey---- I see a Quaker Oatmeal discount buy 1 adult get 1 child free...but thats still over $150 for one day---

Whats your thoughts? Greatly appreciated!!!

We stayed at Cypress Campground and RV Park (http://www.cypressca...d.com/index.htm). I think we drove around to check out the other ones and preferred this one (FWIW, I think we did drive through Hammondell and my wife didn't like it as much but I don't remember why). Also more of a seasonal place but we thought it was nice enough and it wasn't too expensive. There might be a shuttle / bus to LegoLand but we just drove the mh and parked in the bus lot. There's also a nearby Walmart which is convenient for us as we weren't towing our car.

I don't think you'd need to spend more than a day at LegoLand but the water park section wasn't open when we went.

I checked out both of them, and to be honest....they both looked like run down trailer parks....there websites didn't "win" me over either....lol Not too mention the reviews weren't the greatest!

Ok I guess those that have been there.....It's mainly a 1 DAY thing? We will be going in Dec 30 or 31....so don't know if it would be warm enough for a waterpark?

I checked out both of them, and to be honest....they both looked like run down trailer parks....there websites didn't "win" me over either....lol Not too mention the reviews weren't the greatest!

Ok I guess those that have been there.....It's mainly a 1 DAY thing? We will be going in Dec 30 or 31....so don't know if it would be warm enough for a waterpark?

We just went a few weeks ago. The waterpark is closed until spring. Depending on how big your boys' Lego fascination is, at 6 and 3 I think you would be fine with just one day. Check the park website to see what is happening and where to meet the Lego guys then plan around that.

I checked the websites for both campgrounds and drove by one on our way in (we stayed at a hotel since it was a quick trip). Reviews for both were poor, but you never know and I can say that the one that is closest might be OK for 1 or 2 nights, but it's not the nicest and there is a train that runs along the back border of the property. Some people posted that was a problem in their reviews. It also sits adjacent to a Wal Mart, which can be both a benefit and a problem!

Honestly, the whole surrounding area isn't that nice at all. We stayed near WDW and drove down, took us about 45 min., not bad at all. If we go again that is what we'll probably do, or go from the Fort. With children that young, it isn't likely you will close down Legoland - and I think they reduce their hours in the winter months. We were there until 9 on a Saturday night, and were very happy to be spending the evening away from that area where there were more restaurants, etc. There isn't much there other than LL.

• 2 weeks later...

We just went a few weeks ago. The waterpark is closed until spring. Depending on how big your boys' Lego fascination is, at 6 and 3 I think you would be fine with just one day. Check the park website to see what is happening and where to meet the Lego guys then plan around that.

I checked the websites for both campgrounds and drove by one on our way in (we stayed at a hotel since it was a quick trip). Reviews for both were poor, but you never know and I can say that the one that is closest might be OK for 1 or 2 nights, but it's not the nicest and there is a train that runs along the back border of the property. Some people posted that was a problem in their reviews. It also sits adjacent to a Wal Mart, which can be both a benefit and a problem!

Honestly, the whole surrounding area isn't that nice at all. We stayed near WDW and drove down, took us about 45 min., not bad at all. If we go again that is what we'll probably do, or go from the Fort. With children that young, it isn't likely you will close down Legoland - and I think they reduce their hours in the winter months. We were there until 9 on a Saturday night, and were very happy to be spending the evening away from that area where there were more restaurants, etc. There isn't much there other than LL.

thanks for your advice! I think we are gonna stay near Disney and drive down....none of the campgrounds look very decent....actually they look scary...lol! We are gonna plan a 1 day trip and see how it goes. Thanks again :)