Chuck wagon snack bar? meadows snack bar?

Ok another dumb newbie question. I was web surfing about the Fort and found a site that said there is a "chuck wagon snack bar" by the campfire but can not find any other info on it. Is it there or was it a thing of the past? Also on Disney says that meadows snack bar is only open seasonally. Will it be open for our December 28-Jan 5th trip? Im sure it will be seeing that is Christmas time.

thanks

Yes there is a chuck wagon snack bar at the campfire. You can purchase drinks, popcorn, hot dogs, smores kits, etc. Not sure which Meadows snack bar they are referring to. There is one in the swimming pool area that is open for a few hours each day.

There is a small chuckwagon concession stand behind the movie area next to the broadcast building that is open selling soft drinks, beer, snacks, hot dogs, and S'more fixins during the campfire movies.

The Meadows Snack Bar has been open consistently year round from 1pm - 5pm since the pool remodel. Although, I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing if the weather is bad enough for the pool to close, the Meadow snack bar closes also. (Although for some reason 1pm doesn't sound right, maybe it opens at 11am).

Yes there is a chuck wagon snack bar at the campfire. You can purchase drinks, popcorn, hot dogs, smores kits, etc. Not sure which Meadows snack bar they are referring to. There is one in the swimming pool area that is open for a few hours each day.

There is a small chuckwagon concession stand behind the movie area next to the broadcast building that is open selling soft drinks, beer, snacks, hot dogs, and S'more fixins during the campfire movies.

The Meadows Snack Bar has been open consistently year round from 1pm - 5pm since the pool remodel. Although, I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing if the weather is bad enough for the pool to close, the Meadow snack bar closes also. (Although for some reason 1pm doesn't sound right, maybe it opens at 11am).

let me get this straight. Chuck wagon is open during the movies only? Any body have a picture of the menu from the two snack bars?

That is correct, the chuck wagon is only open during the campfire and movie, and it is truly a snack bar with a very limited menu.

From AllEars.net the chuck wagon menu as of Feb 12

he Chuck Wagon is located near the Campfire area.

Hot Dog $4.79 with chili $5.79

Nachos with Cheese $3.99 with chili $4.99

S'more Kit - includes a bag of marshmallows, box of Graham crackers and 2 Hershey bars $8.99

Marshmallow Roasting Stick $0.50

Marshmallow Bag - also includes 2 sticks $4.25

Popcorn $3.09

Ice-Novelties - Mickey's Premium Ice Cream Bar, Itzakadoozie, Mickey's Cookies 'N Crea Ice-Cream Sandwich $3.09 - $3.29

Candy - M&M Plain & Peanut, Snickers, Reese's Cup, Skittles, Twizzlers, Hershey Chocolate Bar $1.99 each

Chocolate Chip Cookie $1.99

Soda - Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Minute Maid Light $2.39

Dansani Bottled Water $2.50

Minute Maid Apple Juice $1.99

Coffee $2.09

Hot Tea or Nestle Hot Cocoa $2.09

Budweiser or Bud Light $5.25

Mickey Straw $0.49

The Meadows Snack Bar Menu from allears.net - June 2010

Located at the Meadows Pool

Open Daily from 11am - 5pm

Hours of operation may vary due to inclement weather

Entrees

Served with Homemade Chips

Barbecued Pulled Pork Flatbread Sandwich - topped with coleslaw $8.89

Chili-Cheese Hot Dog $7.89

Southern Smothered Hot Dog - with Barbecued Pulled Pork topped with coleslaw $8.09

Tuna Salad Sandwich - with cucumber $8.09

Turkey Ciabatta Sandwich - with provolone, tomato, and basil pesto $7.99

Salads and Pizza

Caesar Salad with Chicken $7.79

Asian Chicken Salad $7.59

Pepperoni Pizza $6.29

Snacks and Desserts

Apple Slices - with caramel sauce $3.49

Carrot and Celery Sticks - with Ranch dressing $3.69

Tortilla Chips with Cheese Sauce $3.99

Extra Cheese Sauce $1.00

thanks. I think i might stop at the store for my own s'mores kit. $8.99 wow!

oh you betcha! last year when we bought one it wasn't even a full size box of grahams and a tiny bag of mallows. I've been buying the 10 pack strips of the mini hershey bars for $1.00 at walmart and using those for smores. reasonably priced and just the right size...

Here's a photo of the Chuckwagon menu from June, 2010:

FW610467.jpg

And here's a photo of the Meadow Snack Bar menu from 2011:

100_9426.jpg

Before the rehab of the big pool in 2009, the Meadows (it lost its "s" during the rehab) Snack Bar used to be closed more than it was open. It used to be closed all winter:

ThanksgivingFW2008531.jpg

But since 2009, its hours have become very consistent, year round.

One thing that I know has changed on the Meadow Snack Bar menu is that they have taken the tuna sandwich off of it.

In case you're wondering, the southern smothered hot dog is good.

TCD

I recommend the southern smothered hot dog. Be aware it is laden with salt and fat, but it is good.

If they took off the tuna, what did they replace it with?

There are a couple of other changes too.

Monique posted a link to a report here : http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/5544-meadow-snack-bar-at-fort-wilderness-resort/page__hl__%2Bmeadow+%2Bsnack+%2Bmenu__fromsearch__1

The Pulled Pork Flatbread and the Tuna sandwich are no longer on the menu.

There are several new items including a Chicken Walfdorf Salad Flatbread, a regular Pulled Pork Sandwich, and a grilled chicken breast sandwich. Also, they have a plain hot dog on the menu.

TCD

We always carry our own smores kits...graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, and the sticks. 2 of my granddaughters made more than a dozen on one visit. We ate them for a loooooong time. Thanks MaryAnne for the kits you gave us on our last visit too.