Looks like the finger scan entry system which is actually called the "Ticket Tag System", used at the turnstiles is having issues with some guests that think it's recording and storing their fingerprint in a database, it's not.

It's a bio-metric process, that when the card or ticket is first used, it assigns a numerical value based on a finger scan and stores it on that card or ticket. When you use the card or ticket again, you re-scan your finger, the system comes up with another numerical value, not a finger print, and compares that value to the stored value on the ticket or card. If it's within a certain tolerance, you're in. If it doesn't, it's an issue and you may or may not have to go to plan B. It depends on the CM, how busy it is, etc.

The system doesn't collect fingerprints as it's not recording them in the first place or record any guest info.

If it makes you uncomfortable to have you finger scanned, you can refuse and show the CM a photo ID instead.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone knows that the finger scan doesn't do what it's supposed to do except Disney.

This paranoia is ridiculous. Although one of my jobs in the Army involved implanting mind control devices into peoples' mouths.

I just want to get into the park. Scan my finger, take my blood, check my temp...I don't really care. Just get me through the turnstile quickly.

so long as they don't want to take it rectally... right? :rofl2:

But what if it is a breathalyzer?

1. :panic:

2. :gaah:

3+ :beer:

are you in trouble again....?

They've had my fingerprints since getting the immigration documents to travel to Russia. For some reason they think my name is Boris now. In any case, we all know the government knows each and every one of us, and if they wanted to they could track every keystroke of your computer or watch your every move from outerspace. But unfortunately my life is so mundane the poor analyst assigned to track me would die of boredom.

Let's see:

American residency, finger prints

Naturalization, finger prints

US Passport, finger prints

Portuguese Passport, finger prints

Hired by Disney #1, finger prints

Hired by Disney #2, finger prints

Hired by Disney #3, finger prints

Hired by Disney #4, finger prints

Hired by Disney #5, finger prints

Let's see:

American residency, finger prints

Naturalization, finger prints

US Passport, finger prints

Portuguese Passport, finger prints

Hired by Disney #1, finger prints

Hired by Disney #2, finger prints

Hired by Disney #3, finger prints

Hired by Disney #4, finger prints

Hired by Disney #5, finger prints

Knowing you, you probably cut off someone else's finger to use.

Well I'm not showing them my id that's for sure. I usually have a camera of some sort with me and I don't need to be labeled a terrorist. :rofl2:

Besides, didn't Lou just say he wouldn't give Barnie Don any info unless OCS asked for it? This smells like a conspiracy to me. Let's see your fingerprints. Who are you and what'd you do with the real Lou?

The US Government has been working on a DNA database for at least a decade. The idea that Disney would be using fingerprints for anything is ludicrous, not to mention archaic. For anyone who is nervous about having fingerprints on file with the government, think about this. If they really want to know where you are, all they have to do is wait for you to turn on your GPS or cell phone. To be honest, the government could really care less about most citizens. If Disney were to use fingerprints, it would be for marketing purposes only, although it seems that most criminals seem to run to Disney World, so maybe they would be doing law enforcement a favor. I use a biometric scanner to log into websites on my computer, which is all Disney is using. It's simple and quick.

Looks pretty. Has a lot of history too.

The US Government has been working on a DNA database for at least a decade. The idea that Disney would be using fingerprints for anything is ludicrous, not to mention archaic. For anyone who is nervous about having fingerprints on file with the government, think about this. If they really want to know where you are, all they have to do is wait for you to turn on your GPS or cell phone. To be honest, the government could really care less about most citizens. If Disney were to use fingerprints, it would be for marketing purposes only, although it seems that most criminals seem to run to Disney World, so maybe they would be doing law enforcement a favor. I use a biometric scanner to log into websites on my computer, which is all Disney is using. It's simple and quick.

My smart phone has GPS? :bugeyes:

:raspberry: :raspberry: :raspberry: