• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think everyone knows that the finger scan doesn't do what it's supposed to do except Disney.

The US Government has been working on a DNA database for at least a decade. The idea that Disney would be using fingerprints for anything is ludicrous, not to mention archaic. For anyone who is nervous about having fingerprints on file with the government, think about this. If they really want to know where you are, all they have to do is wait for you to turn on your GPS or cell phone. To be honest, the government could really care less about most citizens. If Disney were to use fingerprints, it would be for marketing purposes only, although it seems that most criminals seem to run to Disney World, so maybe they would be doing law enforcement a favor. I use a biometric scanner to log into websites on my computer, which is all Disney is using. It's simple and quick.

I hear in 1992 that the US Government would have every US citizen fingerprints in a data base by 2009

I just want to get into the park. Scan my finger, take my blood, check my temp...I don't really care. Just get me through the turnstile quickly.

Amen, I agree!

But what if it is a breathalyzer?

:mellow:

so long as they don't want to take it rectally... right? :rofl2:

Depends on what the CM looks like.

This year was the fist year in about 15 that were got Busch gardens/ sea world annual passes. I don't know how disney does the annual pass but I was disappointed that all we got was a credit card size paper card vs. the plastic card with our pictures years ago. We were also shocked to see the biometrics in place at the gate. Some places in my opinion know how to use the biometrics in a smart way. It looks to me that the only reason BG does it is so on one else can use your card. It's a bit&^ of a time trying to get my 3 yo finger on the scanner. The last 2 times they were not even working. I am more upset about the paper cards. They even charge you a replacement fee if lost or wet....ridiculious

Why do you need to get fingerprinted to get into a Disney parks? I can go in other park in Orlando and not get fingerprinted.

Looks like the finger scan entry system which is actually called the "Ticket Tag System", used at the turnstiles is having issues with some guests that think it's recording and storing their fingerprint in a database, it's not.

It's a bio-metric process, that when the card or ticket is first used, it assigns a numerical value based on a finger scan and stores it on that card or ticket. When you use the card or ticket again, you re-scan your finger, the system comes up with another numerical value, not a finger print, and compares that value to the stored value on the ticket or card. If it's within a certain tolerance, you're in. If it doesn't, it's an issue and you may or may not have to go to plan B. It depends on the CM, how busy it is, etc.

The system doesn't collect fingerprints as it's not recording them in the first place or record any guest info.

If it makes you uncomfortable to have you finger scanned, you can refuse and show the CM a photo ID instead.

They do not "fingerprint" you. Disney's use of biometrics is designed with the knowledge that it must be usable to get thousands of guests through the turnstiles with as little impact as possible. As Lou points out, the image of your thumb is not kept, a numerical value derived from it is kept instead. The process is coarse enough that it can be done quickly, and won't balk if you place your thumb a little differently or you spent too much time in the pool before hitting the parks. It is coarse enough that the numeric value for your thumb is shared by many other guests--but fine enough that you would be very lucky to find someone who could share your admission media.

Also, as Lou points out, the numeric value is associated with the admission media, not with the person, so it pretty useless for tracking people--Disney might be able to match the admission media with the person who paid for it, but it would not work for cash purchases, passes that are gifted, or passes bought by one person and used by another. This may be why you are required to sign the back of the admission media-it is the only real association between a person and the card (and the stored numeric value).

Why does Disney do this? Because if Disney didn't do something, less than scrupulous guests that harken from another message board might try to share their admission media like they share photopasses and refrigerators.

I would rather they have all the information there is and everyone is safe than to have to worry about all the weirdos in the world.--ok I'm getting off my soapbox. :soapbox:

Wow that is funny to me I'm on vacation I don't need a background check to do it. If you what to give up your right to go to Disney that is up to you. But I will not

Wow that is funny to me I'm on vacation I don't need a background check to do it. If you what to give up your right to go to Disney that is up to you. But I will not

I'd rather give them information that is already out there if looked in the right places, than my hard earned money. Is that an option?

Hell, I'm willing to give them both fingers and toes if necessary.

Bobby has just told me that, due to the unpopular nature of the finger scan, he will be icorporating a butt scan. Guests will now be required to drop trow in line and sit on a newly developed butt scanner. He assures me that no personal information such as relative size or hygiene habits will be stored in the Disney central computers. He has asked me to apologize to anyone offended by the finger scan.

Bobby has just told me that, due to the unpopular nature of the finger scan, he will be icorporating a butt scan. Guests will now be required to drop trow in line and sit on a newly developed butt scanner. He assures me that no personal information such as relative size or hygiene habits will be stored in the Disney central computers. He has asked me to apologize to anyone offended by the finger scan.

Is Disney going to put a number to everyones butt and to regain entry you have to be within a range?

Bobby has just told me that, due to the unpopular nature of the finger scan, he will be icorporating a butt scan. Guests will now be required to drop trow in line and sit on a newly developed butt scanner.

Figures. This'll probably be the year they put pictures back on APs too...

hehehe... though it would make it easier to identify some people I've come across elsewhere who really are a**es

The biggest obstacle was finding a scanner large enough to accommodate all butt sizes. Those crazy guys at imagineering managed to contract with a glass company in Ohio to make and transport 150 of these monster panes of glass to WDW.