I make really good sawdust!  I love that lamp very cool looking does it slide up and down?

Yes it does.  I got the plan out of an old copy of WoodSmith magazine.  They have the plan on line for sale at PlansNow.com:

http://plansnow.com/dn1126.html

The bookcase also came from WoodSmith - I made mine without doors:  http://plansnow.com/dn1128.html

I used to do a fair amount of woodworking before we moved into this house.  We moved here 16 years ago and my woodshop still isn't set up, other than my radial arm saw and bandsaw which I needed for some remodelling projects.  My dad was really into it.  After he died, I brought home a lot of his stuff from his shop, but it is still in boxes in mine.  Maybe in 6 years when I plan on semi-retiring I will get around to it.  My son is trying to get me interested in helping him build a bar.  So far, just in the planning stages.

My father lives with us and we built a big garage behind the house.  He has turned one side of it into a great shop.  He is a master craftsman and has been a woodworker/furniture builder for 50 years.  I have worked with him on and off as a kid.  I am going to build one of those lamp for the hell of it.  Thanks for the link to the plans!

Eric

That is a pretty cool looking lamp.  Maybe I'll show the wife and she will motivate me.

Very very nice, if I can find them, I will post pics of some of my projects... I love woodworking!!!!

I remember seeing pics of some really nice kitchen cabinets you did, John.

I saw this topic and it only reminded me that my son's pinewood derby has to be made! UGH!!!

Just do like everyone else and make him do it by himself....Not  I have run the Pack Derby and I have made more derby cars than I can count.  It is great fun though. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a woodworker as well. My time has been more occupied with renovation work than woodworking, though. With any luck I'll be building bathroom cabinetry this summer and maybe a kitchen full of cabinets by the winter. I have plans for a nice wood shop in the barn, but for now am trying to make do in the basement, which is really hard to get materials into and finished projects out of.