The neat thing about that cradle is that by pulling out the bottom knob, it will swing. The legs and streacher are removable so everything packs neatly for storage. My son and daughter in law loved it.

I saw this topic and it only reminded me that my son's pinewood derby has to be made! UGH!!!

Just do like everyone else and make him do it by himself....Not  I have run the Pack Derby and I have made more derby cars than I can count.  It is great fun though.

Absolutely!!  Let the Cub do whatever he wants to the block!!  (Now, dad needs to polish the wheels and the nails, weigh it on a NASA scale to be heavier than 5 oz and make it easy to back down to exactly 5 oz on "their" scale and place it in wind tunnels), then build your own car for the parents race!!!!

Yesterday was fun watching hubby use the dremel tool to try and make the derby car!! By the time he was done he was covered head to toe in dust and looked like and old man but did a good job for a first timer! Today Andrue so far put 1 coat of paint on the car but we got a ways to go!!

Here is what it looks like so far

1299424040.jpg

• 1 month later...