I know I need to get the modem from the front desk. But what else is needed? Does it come in on the cable for the TV and I need to bring to a splitter? Does it have it's own cable and I run it through a window? Do I have to stand on the roof and shake my money maker?

Seriously. Husband is asking questions I cannot answer. Please help me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You take the shortest cable in the box (looks like its the one in the upper left of TCDs picture) and connect it to the cable connection at the hook up box outside. Then you take the cable with the splitter on it (the one in the middle of the picture) and plug the short cable (where it's marked "in") into the splitter. The other output on the splitter is for your cable TV (you need to have your own cable for that). The cable with the splitter on it is what runs into your RV (through your window or whatever) and this cable plugs into the Disney cable modem box (the blue box that says Linksys on it). Then you plug the power cord for the Linksys Cable modem. Then (assuming you are NOT using a wireless access point) you take the cable with the USB connections on each end and plug one end into your computer and one end into the cable modem (each end is a different shape connection so you won't mix them up). At this point (assuming your computer is turned on) you just open your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc) and you should get a screen asking you to accept Disney's terms and conditions. Click "accept" and it will bring up the Disney Fort Wilderness page.

Hope that helps! But once you get the box and look at the diagram it is pretty simple. Just remember to bring your own cable TV line. Oh, and if you do not have a USB port on your computer you will need to bring your own LAN cable.

Here's a copy of the directions and diagram that comes in the box. Disregard the $9.95 charge...it's now FREE, but you do need to leave a deposit - I think it's $100 - or have a just have a credit card for room charges on file with Disney.

DSCN9356-1.jpg

DSCN9357-1.jpg

So If I bring this Useless.... er... Non-used Wireless router I can then Connect into the internet on site? Do they turn the wireless off at night at the wireless connection points? Is it 24 hours? Will I still need to go to McDonalds or Burger King to do my 9pm-12am Raid on sunday nights? Or can I just use the wifi? What is the connection like? Is it fast? slow? Moderate? :panic:

Sorry for the bombardment v.v I have 8 other people looking to me to continue tanking for them for those three hours... They keep telling me its only three hours a week >.> and its at night.... :blowup:

You can hook your wireless router to the kit that you get from the Outpost (IF they have one available...quantities are limited)

Wireless is NOT turned off at night at any of the connection places (Crocketts, Meadows) nor on the wired connection.

The only thing is at least once a day you will get a screen that requires you to accept (re-accept) Disney's terms and conditions for using their connection. Once you click accept it drops you to the Disney Fort Wilderness page and you have to reconnect to where ever it hijacked you from. The connection speed is not all that great...3G speed...about 1 mbs.

Any excuse to sit on the porch at the Meadows or the tavern is a good excuse!

Don't take our places--we don't need an excuse. When we are there we enjoy sitting on the porch every evening watching people, fireworks, and oh yah having a drink or two.

but I thought it was my place? If you show up Marilyn and there are no seats available, I will gladly give up my seat to a fiend with more FF seniority. :doublebeer: :doublebeer: :doublebeer: :doublebeer:

Or better yet we could just share, visit, & drink. :wine: :wine:

WELCOME!!! Unfortunately no. The cable modems they have are already set up to their system. If you remember, you had to give the cable company some code that is inside your router or computer. They have set up their system to code the modems so that any computer can use them, and your modem has not been set that way.