Hoop Dee Doo Revue *NOT* Closing for Refurb

So it appears all the rumors and supposed "news" that the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue was closing for an extended refurb from October 1 though the holidays was just that. A rumor, in large part apparently sparked by people's inability to make reservations, and being fed speculative information by CM's on the Disney Dining Reservation line.

Disney has released today that the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue will be undergoing a change in show times beginning October 1, 2012. The new show times will be 4 p.m., 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m.

as posted on Fort Fiends . net

The reservation window for this period will open on June 12.

No changes to overall pricing or entitlements on the Disney Dining Plan will be taking place.

So Judy - get ready to make your reservations for Christmas!! :D

I forgot to mention, but they did say that they had done a test of the adjusted time schedule between 11/13/11 and 2/11/12 and based on the results of that test they made this adjustment.

I personally think it is a good "adjustment".

I say they changed their mind and their keeping it open because they are not gonna go ahead with the Settlement changes and leveling for the parking lot in that area, because they decided the DVC Fort idea was numbskulled. Yeah, Yeah....I am gonna stay in that world for at least the rest of the night......with the help of some chilled beverages.

Closing one of the most popular shows on WDW property during the busiest time of the year just never made sense.

Just goes to show you how powerful the WDW rumor mill is.

This apparently started by posts on message boards from a few people having trouble making ADRs who were told by *some* CMs on the phone that, since they couldn't find any availability in the system, that must mean it was closing for refurb.

Didn't take long for that rumor to get picked up by a couple of normally-reliable fan sites and become gospel.

DOH!

I've got mixed feelings about the earlier times for the Hoop De Doo.

While it's probably great for the diners, and a more reasonable time for the late show, it does mean that those last special buses leave the Fort an hour earlier.

We ALWAYS visit the Fort and spend some time with Fiends when we are staying at other resorts, and use those special buses to get back to our resort.

11:45 was a great time to get a sorta direct ride back to our resort.

Now, it's 10:45 and that is a actually a bit early when Fiends are running their mouths and laughing!!!!

Now just wait a gosh darn minute here... Carol isn't coming for July and Mo isn't coming for Halloween?? :gaah: How in Walt's magical friggin world did I miss this... say it aint so.

What are you two trying to do... single-handedly prove the mayans right?? :beathorse:

:thumbsup2: The lobster mac was awesome but the thought of Lorna's brocoli casserole & Ritchie's turkey is already calling me to the table. :drool1:

yup, I'm betting the middle school teachers are really gonna love me... :dogsnicker:

I can't believe Doodle hasn't used her persuasion skills to get Carol to the Fort on the 4th. Has she not called Rick? Made you feel guilty for not being there? told you that you would miss ALL the fun? sent Rick a message?

Doodle, GET BUSY!

Monique, I am looking forward that that lobster Mac & Cheese and all the other Fiend Thanksgiving Goodies. We're trying to get Mama to trim down the list of things she wants to take to the GG. At this point, it's almost everything we make for our Thanksgiving at home, and trust me, it's alot. Don't y'all remember mebegging inviting people to come help eat with us! I'm Excited!

I can't believe Doodle hasn't used her persuasion skills to get Carol to the Fort on the 4th. Has she not called Rick? Made you feel guilty for not being there? told you that you would miss ALL the fun? sent Rick a message?

Doodle, GET BUSY!

Monique, I am looking forward that that lobster Mac & Cheese and all the other Fiend Thanksgiving Goodies. We're trying to get Mama to trim down the list of things she wants to take to the GG. At this point, it's almost everything we make for our Thanksgiving at home, and trust me, it's alot. Don't y'all remember mebegging inviting people to come help eat with us! I'm Excited!

She is a tough one, Rita! And of course Ed is way easier to get around! :rofl2: