CKCK 3.0-June 5-10 Trip Report-"Best of Both Worlds"

Well, I didn't think it could be done, but it looks like you went to the girly tea party, and you get to keep your Man and Fiend cards.

That was a really funny post. Good job!

I like how you didn't smile and kept it classy with the pinky extension. Well done.

I'll bet you felt great the rest of the day after loading up on all of those essential oils.

TCD

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you two brothers from different mothers?

There is no way I'm buying that line. Being the Dad that I know you are, if any of your daughters gave you that look, you would be there drinking tea and loving it.

Ok, time for a quick hoity toity tea update before I need to be productive today (even band directors have to work in the summer). You may think that updating a TR is productive. I agree, but it doesn

The happy HTT face pic is priceless! No judgement here. If my wife eanted to go to HTT, then HTT we would go to.

But I too like GAG and beer better and I somehow knew that would be your final verdict as well.

This update had me cracking up. Can't wait for more.

I love a report that makes me LOL throughout!!

Your "happy HTT face" said it all, no need for further explanation.

Never in a million years could I see myself at the GF for tea, while I'm in WDW! But since you did it for your beautiful wife, we'll let it slide. (just this once)

Your man card has increased tenfold, CK. You did something nice for your wife and that's all that matters!!

Thanks!

Am I losing it or didn't this thing originally start out as 4.0? Glad we got that HTT thing out of the way. But I have to confess, if DW or DD asks me, I probably would go as well! No judgement from here!

You caught me. When I was looking back over things this morning I realized that I miscounted last night. This is actually only my 3rd TR, so I had to change the numbers. It was, however, our 4th trip in our TT, and 5th overall (we rented a TT the first time). I just didn't do a TR for one of the trips (didn't take enough pics).

I like how you didn't smile and kept it classy with the pinky extension. Well done.

I'll bet you felt great the rest of the day after loading up on all of those essential oils.

TCD

When in Rome...

And yes, the oils changed my entire afternoon.

I am in for this TR!

DH and I went about a year ago to HTT and it brought back memories of tea with my Great Grandparents. They were originally from England.

Interesting. Was their version of HTT similar to that of the GF?

The happy HTT face pic is priceless! No judgement here. If my wife eanted to go to HTT, then HTT we would go to.

That was my thinking for this time. Next time, however, not so much. I checked that one off the list.

Funny update...I could never get my husband to go to the Tea. He hate even walking through the GF.

I have to admit, the GF is pretty spectacular. However, I still always feel really out of place whenever I walk in the door.

Lovin' the report! What a great husband you are!

Yes, as a matter of fact, I AM a great husband, and I will make sure to show your post to my wife!

I love a report that makes me LOL throughout!!

Your "happy HTT face" said it all, no need for further explanation.

Never in a million years could I see myself at the GF for tea, while I'm in WDW! But since you did it for your beautiful wife, we'll let it slide. (just this once)

I'm always wiling to do anything once (most things). And don't worry, it won't happen again!

Loving the trip report.

Saw your sign one night when we went looping, but nobody was home.

Sorry about all the rain. Made getting to the beach for fireworks near impossible for us.

What a great idea to have two trips in one. Glad you had a place the kids could go to and they would still have fun and then come over and have fun at the Fort.

Looking forward to reading more.

Loving the trip report.

Saw your sign one night when we went looping, but nobody was home.

Sorry about all the rain. Made getting to the beach for fireworks near impossible for us.

What a great idea to have two trips in one. Glad you had a place the kids could go to and they would still have fun and then come over and have fun at the Fort.

Looking forward to reading more.

We came by your site once too. Sorry we didn't get to meet!

If you guessed Squirrel Cage circa 1890 you would be correct.

7185245913_ed6cc26f9c.jpg

Oh wait, no one guessed that.

In fact, only one person guessed at all. Props to Aaron.

No prizes.

Moving on!

This update will be mostly pictures and thoughts. Nothing exciting. It actually might bore you a little.

This is a full disclosure TR. I want you to know what you're getting in to. No surprises here.

Feel free to add your own thoughts if you don’t like mine. I will not be offended.

We hopped on the monorail and headed to the MK. As has become quite usual (at least as much as we are on the monorails) we stopped overlooking the canal where they park the EWP. So, in honor of Lou, here it is:

7185246193_1885af9459.jpg

Unfortunately it was not lit up. This time.

This would be our first trip to the MK without our girls. We were pretty excited to just take our time and SEE things.

The first thing I saw was this tattoo on this guy’s leg. I snapped this in a hurry so he didn’t catch me creeping on him, so it’s hard to tell what it is.

7185246425_0e7a2156aa.jpg

A pair of shoes.

What a waste of money.

I took a picture of Walt's window above the train station.

7370481070_d8c187e134.jpg

I find this ironic in light of Lou’s post about that video about Walt and Roy. Obviously Walt was a dreamer. It was Roy who was the rational thinker and had to take Walt’s dreams and make them realities (and figure out how to pay for them). Based on that info, think that “Keeping dreams on track” would be more appropriate for Roy. Of course it was Walt who was the train fanatic.

Some of you may remember the discussions about the Goofy bench and how my wife and I searched and searched for it. Turns out it had been taken out for awhile and then put back in, though still without electricity to power the talking feature of it. Regardless, we finally got to see it in person.

7370481200_14431fe93e.jpg

7185246817_eacebfe397.jpg

How many of you have stood under the windows and listened to the music lesson going on?

I have.

Did you know the MK has a Chinese restaurant?

7370482356_c972d673d3.jpg

Have you ever really paid much attention to the metal palm trees in Tomorrowland? It always bothers me that they aren’t all the same.

7185247901_8c88c426b5.jpg

OCD.

7370482870_0dc0226205.jpg

New Fantasyland coming along.

7185248683_20c382b920.jpg

Someday pretty soon that steel frame will be covered up with the theming for the 7 Dwarfs ride.

Not sure what’s happening here, but it kind of freaks me out.

7370483290_ceb1ff3e06.jpg

7185249155_19ee3f293e.jpg

I don’t know any of those people, yet I took a picture of them having fun. I title that picture, “people that I don’t know having fun.”

7185249871_b9e0b4be32.jpg

One of the things I appreciate about WDW is that there is never a time that there aren’t pretty flowers around…like this hibiscus.

7370484446_81a848a557.jpg

Kind of hard to tell in that pic, but they were moving that tree.

7370484780_a14220d551.jpg

I know Dave will agree with me that I’m not sad to see Snow White’s ride go away.

I had never noticed this weather vane before:

7370485130_95fedfd992.jpg

I know that it is there because it’s above Peter Pan, but it bothers me because it looks like a stinkin’ florida gator!

7370485574_f7232bc1bf.jpg

Does anyone know why some of those spindles are yellow? I’m sure there is a reason, I just don’t know it. I think this is the bell tower in Liberty Square above the Hall of Presidents. I’ve searched and searched the world wide web and cannot find any information on the yellow spindles.

7370485870_4d87357857.jpg

I found that picture odd in that while in Frontierland you can look beyond the buildings and see the Tiki Room.

7370486130_c7e76feb0d.jpg

Okay, what are these?

7370486202_9316e59f7a.jpg

They are sticking up all over the top of buildings around the MK. What are they?

7185251785_3a5a92f3ca.jpg

See that black thing near the bell? It says Shure. That’s a brand of microphone/recording equipment. I assume that it is a mic that picks up the bell. You would think they would do a better job of camouflaging it.

7185252057_a5478b9439.jpg

One of my absolute least favorite things in the MK.

7370487422_cea4f1fc0f.jpg

Move it shake it dance it suck it party.

I can’t stand that thing.

How could I not take a picture of this?

7185253265_d2656007af.jpg

Or this?

7370487908_4b3287c16f.jpg

After all of our walking and seeing it was time to eat. We were near Columbia Harbor House, so we dropped in to split a lobster roll.

Or should I say, fake lobster roll.

Either way it wasn’t bad.

We went upstairs and grabbed a table by the window. Turns out this was near where the TCD gang had eaten on a previous trip and he took pics out the window of the new construction across the way.

So did I.

7370488394_babf1ef638.jpg

Hard to tell what’s going on.

When we were finished eating we walked out the door and it was POURING down rain. So there weren’t many pictures after this. We did a little more walking and seeing then headed back to the Fort for the night to eat some of our cake.

The thing is, we left the cake on the counter in the TT.

And turned the AC off.

The leaning cake was now leaning more.

7185254209_3f97efe957.jpg

Doh.

So we had cake soup. It still tasted great. Very impressed with the cake man at the Contemporary.

Okay, this TR is getting ready to pick up some steam. Coming up will be bagless Wednesday at DHS and Epcot, some Fort/horses pics, alcohol, and our anniversary dinner at the Bistro.

Wow CK2, AGU! (Another Great Update).

Seriously, that is a great batch of photos!

Well done!

I can't wait to see what happens when this report picks up steam. I think you're doing great as it is.

BTW that Florida Gators slam was not necessary. I admit it was funny, but not necessary.

But, it's your trip report, so you go right ahead.

I am proud of the fact that nobody knew what that contraption was at the GF. If it's at the GF, then who cares?

And, I would like to point out that the very fact that those tea drinkers would even think of having a squirrel cage proves that those essential oils cause brain damage. I hope you didn't drink too much.

TCD

Love the new installation.

We saw them moving a tree too when we were at MK. My kids didn't think that everything was staged at MK and there was nothing growing that wasn't planned. Then they saw the moving of the tree and believed.

Not sure what’s happening here, but it kind of freaks me out.

7370483290_ceb1ff3e06.jpg

I think they call that a menage a trois.

This update wasn't boring at all!!

First, if they were trapping squirrels in 1890, you know it was so they could toss them in a pan with some gravy.

You did mention earlier that you weren't sure what was in those overpriced, no crust having, sandwiches...... :wacko:

"Move it, Suck it parade" Perfect name, I hate it too and it's always happening when I get to MK.

I do believe only a band geek director would notice that speaker/mic. ;)

Looking forward to the alcohol installment.

Love the people watching pics! I think most people should leave the colored hair and those shorts to Katy Perry. It reminds me of a lesson taught to me as a child.....just because some people can get away with doing that, doesn't mean you can. :flush2:

I mean really that guy in TCD's TR may have been able to get away with wearing those tight speedo shorts (not really-but apparently WDW let him where them around), but I would never wear them :rofl2: ......as far as you know. :clint:

Also, the pic of the monkey and giraffes was a bit over the normal Magic Kingdom "G" rating. :whew:

Can't wait for alcohol updates!

Love the people watching pics! I think most people should leave the colored hair and those shorts to Katy Perry. It reminds me of a lesson taught to me as a child.....just because some people can get away with doing that, doesn't mean you can. :flush2:

I mean really that guy in TCD's TR may have been able to get away with wearing those tight speedo shorts (not really-but apparently WDW let him where them around), but I would never wear them :rofl2: ......as far as you know. :clint:

Also, the pic of the monkey and giraffes was a bit over the normal Magic Kingdom "G" rating. :whew:

Can't wait for alcohol updates!

Fortunately, it was just the angle the picture was taken!!! If you look at today's Disney Park Blog, it is quite normal!!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/06/first-photos-casey-jr-pulls-into-storybook-circus-doubled-dumbo-is-unveiled/

I'm a little late getting started, but I am loving this TR! Love the cake, love the HTT and love the MK with no strollers! I am looking forward to hearing about the Bistro! BTW, I love you TR writing style! Looking forward to seeing those adorable little redheads of yours!