As for the otters, it's like this. One night Deb, "The Hedgehog Spotter" got a little carried away after 2 quick kungalooshes and 13 Mickey waffles. Then she started snorting the pixie dust and running all around the campground trying to fly from table to table. During one of her crash-and-burns, she looked up and saw the Sheriff's Department tracking her down with police dogs. In her altered state (and because the blanket she tied around her neck partially blocked her vision) she thought they were giant, trained otters. Which was odd, because the Sheriff had not yet signed the contract with the otter trainer.

When the pixie dust and kungaloosh wore off, she was found huddled under a grill in the 3000 loop. She was curled in a fetal position and mostly incoherent. The only thing that could be understood was "Damn, that otter was a big sum'bitch." In order to honor Deb (and try to cover up the real story) we have all pretended that there are otters living in the canals, and they sometimes come out when you offer them beer.

There, now you have the whole story. Aren't you glad you asked?

Dang, Rob!!!  If I tell the real story, it will seem dull by comparison to your contrived version.  I LIKE your version much better.  But, for the record....

...not too long after I joined the "site that must not be named"  my DH & I were riding the boat from the FW Marina to the MK  As we passed the old Discovery Island the boat captain pointed out some otters playing on the shore of Discovery Island.  I got really excited because in all the years I've been going to the Fort, I had NEVER seen otters!!!  I LOVE otters - always have!!  So, when we got home I was so excited and Disneyed up and had to share with my fellow camping board buddies how I spotted otters in Bay Lake.  Wel-hel-hel!!  That thread went south in 30 seconds flat!!  And THAT, my Fort Fiends, is how the "Otter Spotter" got her name!!  It became a quest after that to see if you could spot otters anywhere on Disney property. BDR (Rog) was the next to see the otters (or to admit to seeing otters) at the Marina dock and at Pleasure Island.  I've seen them at Pleasure Island, over at Wilderness Lodge, and running through the 1700 loop back towards the basketball hoop between 1800 & 1900 to get to the canal.

The otters were so rampant that in 2008 they started stealing fish from the people on the fishing excursions.  At that point, it was war on otters.  Disney had trappers come in to rid the lake of nuisance otters.  But - otters are very crafty and hide when necessary.  They will also rob coolers of beer.

The End.

:rofl2: :dance: :rofl2: NIGEL!!!

If you're John's brother, you have my sympathy.  NTSammy5 on the board is my brother.  We need to meet some day and exchange "brother" stories over a few beers.

Thanks for all the great welcomes from everyone,  :D I hope one day soon we make the trip across "The pond" again and we can meet some of you!  :dance: In the meantime I'll figure out how to post some pics on here from some of our camping trips, My bro did put a couple up for me on the "Pictures from other campsites"

Nige.

Thanks for all the great welcomes from everyone,  :rofl2: I hope one day soon we make the trip across "The pond" again and we can meet some of you!  :rofl2: In the meantime I'll figure out how to post some pics on here from some of our camping trips, My bro did put a couple up for me on the "Pictures from other campsites"

Nige.

Welcome Niegel..I must say that I just love your accent! :rofl2:

Now then Nigel Ba!! joined as requested  :) looks like we've got small outfits compared to the ones i've seen on hear so far.  :bday:

Welcome to the nut house Tim!!  :))