Will I survive? Doodle at the Fort in July.

Ok, we are here! All checked in and partially set up. It is pouring so we did what needed doing and will let the rest wait.

I have a couple of pictures to share. I'll take more when I don't need waders and a aqua-lung to go outside.

First every ones favorite sign.

003-14.jpg

No waiting today!

Up next the sign that every good Fiend must take.

005-7.jpg

This is Eddie. He was awesome! He spent a lot of time checking sites and making sure I was happy. I told him I'd be happy anywhere but Bob.....well we know it's all about Bob!

008-4.jpg

That's all the pictures for now. We set up what we could had a sandwich and brought out the wine coolers. Cheers everyone!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where am I? I have this thing, which I realize most of you can't relate to, called a job. Anyway, I will be doing the Tri-fecta, COP, IASW, and the EWP, all in one night with a Fiend, but that Fiend p

You won't have to go far to meet some Fiends. There are two in that loop. I was going to stop by for a spiking run, but it's no fun doing that in the rain. I'll try again tomorrow.

who do you think taught us how to be shameless... it was MMMMMMMMAAAAAA

Glad you two made it to the Fort safe and sound! I'm sorry to hear it's raining, but I know you've been reading along on my most recent TR and know that I know all about the rain. I hope it stops soon and you get some of the Florida summer heat you've been looking forward to! :rofl3:

Just had a nice visit with Lorna and Richie. They brought us our GC and if it ever stops raining we might be able to use it.

We also had a little afternoon entertainment. A family came in this afternoon and backed their trailer in the site across from us. That was fun but the real fun came when they put their awning out. It is a power awning, you know the kind that dumps the rain when it get too much on it? I think this must be their first trip cause every time it would dump he would run over and adjust the arms. This went on for a good hour and then they just closed the awning. Tomorrow if it's not pouring and we see them out there we will go and bring them a FF card and ask them if they are having any problems.

Also talked to Bob and Kathy. They are overnighting at Grand Lake RV resort. Kathy said there are fine but tired of fighting the wind and rain.

Ah, 600... you must be picking it up from the Meadows. That's pretty impressive. Bama Ed over on the other board was saying they can't deploy it Fort-wide because it would interfere with the busses. I do not believe that being that it's the industry I'm in, but it seems to be the current rationale.

Due respect to Bama Ed, if that is what he heard somewhere, but if that were true buses would not be able to operate in large metro areas where wifi signals are everywhere. I think Brent is right, it is an excuse they are using rather than spend the money at the Fort........or at least to justify delays compared to all the other resorts that already have wi-fi in every room.

I am assuming your cockpit instrumentation and/or landing gear won't work properly due to the interference?

I know you're kidding, but what on the cheap, bare bones, bought from the lowest bidder, Disney buses, would be affected by WiFi?

They already drive through some WiFi locations at the Fort.

I think it's Stonewalling too.