So I'm still trying to find a new favorite WDW radio station on Live 365 and this afternoon I'm trying out "Listen to the Magic". It's... ok so far. The jury is still out.

However something just came on that I'd never heard before. It's the Country Bears Christmas from MK. Not sure what year, but I know they haven't done this for a while.

Anyway, almost right at the start "Melvin" starts talking. Now I've never been to the HDDR, and I've never seen the Country Bears Christmas show in person, but almost immediately I suspected who this was.

I did a little googling, and sure enough, this is a character called "Melvin the Moose"!

So.... is this the same notorious Melvin hiding out either over Lou's mantle or in a closet in the back of Pioneer Hall (jury is still out on that one too)?

Honestly, I've been to CBJ exactly once in the last 20 years and I didn't even notice.

::)

So... were people supposed to believe that there was a body and legs behind the wall and that Melvin actually walked back and forth between the 2 shows? :hah:

You need to fix that on your next visit.

Melvin, Buff, and Buck, I believe his name is, are the severed heads of a Moose, Buffalo and Deer that are up on the wall in the Country Bear Jamboree. They are an integral part of the show.

I really don't know how it can be explained that Melvin was hanging on the wall for breakfast at Pioneer Hall, and then he was up on the wall in the CBL later in the day.

When you think about it, this whole thing is a bit morbid.

TCD

Monique,

I am shocked with you up on all Disney things that you did not know Melvin was hanging at the country bear jamboree. I guess we all learn something new every day. You will have to check him out next time