Baby TR from the baby campers

Great TR, being a tent camper myself with an only DD about the age of yours, I enjoyed reading along. Our setup is exactly yours inside the tent, although dd and I share the big bed and DH gets the twin to himself. The weight distribution (he is twice my weight) does not allow us to share an air mattress!

Two tips I know you will love: In the middle, that extra room between the beds, we lay a small carpet. Makes a world of difference to feel that beneath your feet.

Instead of packing bags, we stole the idea from Yensid, we got those rubbermaid 3 tall drawers and pack our clothes in there. Then they go in the tent with us, keep our clothes dry and organized, and double as nightstands. Brilliant!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like how there's a special rate for the Democratic Convention: The Republican Convention is in Tampa in August. There was an article in our local paper not too long ago about how some state delega

Nice report. One suggestion.. a mini fridge.

Now, may I hijack for a moment? Question on the mini fridge...Where to put it when camping in a tent. In the tent? Outside? If it's outside, the otters will steal all the good stuff. We always leave our coolers in the back of the van so nothing gets taken, but ice never lasts long and quite honestly, I don't trust meat from a cooler. If we are away from the site too long, the ice melts and the meat just doesn't appeal to me after that. Can you leave the mini fridge in the tent?

Here is a tip we used when we had a pop up and lived out of coolers, we would fill milk jugs with water ( not to the top) and freeze them at home then put all but drinks in 1 cooler and used the jugs to keep everything cold, when it melts it does not get everything wet and you also have drinking water from home. We always seem to think block ice lasted longer then cubes and keeping drinks in a seperate cooler kept the food cooler closed more.

Now, may I hijack for a moment? Question on the mini fridge...Where to put it when camping in a tent. In the tent? Outside? If it's outside, the otters will steal all the good stuff. We always leave our coolers in the back of the van so nothing gets taken, but ice never lasts long and quite honestly, I don't trust meat from a cooler. If we are away from the site too long, the ice melts and the meat just doesn't appeal to me after that. Can you leave the mini fridge in the tent?

How should I know? I have just seen others do it.. :)

Looked like a good idea to me.