New adventures from the Fort

Here is my first attempt of a trip report. So take it easy on the new guy.

Day one : 7/26

Our goal was to be on the road by 9am, we were a little late and hit the road around 9:30. DW stayed behind and would come up a little later that day. DS had his last day of summer school and did not get out till 11:30. So DD and I hit the road.

The ride over was great. My DD keeps me well entertained. Just so you know she is a nut.

2012036.jpg

One slight traffic jam on Hwy 50 a tree in the road, then we hit 192 and then we came to a stop. Not really sure why but after 45 minutes of stop and go we could see.

imagejpeg_2_6.jpg

Day one continued 7/26

imagejpeg_2_9-1.jpg

We arrive at the Fort around 11:30.

imagejpeg_2_10-1.jpg

The security guy at the gate (Chris) I think was his name. He had a little fun with DD. Then off to the check in line we go. We requested loop 1200 or 1300 when we made our reservations. As we checked in they were sending us to the 400 loop.

The 400 loop was the first loop we have stayed in back in 2010 with our old 23ft hybrid TT. It was a little tight back then and I did not want to try to squeeze in that loop again with our 33ft TT. So I asked about loop 1200 and 1300 and the CM was nice enough to show me a map and give me a list of available sites and we were able to pick our site. We picked site 1305. Lots of room great site.

DD and I started to set up camp and were done in about an hour. Man was it hot really hot! So we decided it was time for a shower and a little rest. DW and DS were still a few hours out till they arrived.

Next a nap! I just love naps in the TT not sure why but it is just so relaxing. DW and DS arrive around 3:30. We talk a bit and go reserve out cart for Friday morning. So glad I didn’t see this guy again!

IMAG0005.jpg

We head back to the site and start dinner and relax for the night. DD and DS make their way to the pool for a few hours. We all get to bed around midnight. I don’t think out AC shut off more than twice on day one.

Are you kidding me with that thong shot? That was a DUDE??? eeeeewwwww!!! please tell me your daughter wasn't the one who took that! The poor girl.

That photo belongs in the section of ff where people put shots of folks wearing and doing peculiar things at WDW (like wearing stilettos in the parks, head to toe leather…….check it out if you haven't it's a riot!)

Day 2

Woke up around 8am, not sure why I slept so late but we did. So we headed out to pick up a few forgoten food items. We stoed and picked up our cart on the way back in.

2012014.jpg

Once we got back to our site the kids were ready for food. So I was a little creative.

2012046.jpg

DS giving me the stink eye.2012047.jpg

DW and DD 2012048.jpg

Once we ate and got cleaned up it was off to do some looping and animal watching.

A white bird lookig for some food.

2012024.jpg

A little bunny.

2012026.jpg

Here is DS and DD

2012049.jpg

More of day 2 a little later.........

Are you kidding me with that thong shot? That was a DUDE??? eeeeewwwww!!! please tell me your daughter wasn't the one who took that! The poor girl.

That photo belongs in the section of ff where people put shots of folks wearing and doing peculiar things at WDW (like wearing stilettos in the parks, head to toe leather…….check it out if you haven't it's a riot!)

Thank goodness DD was not there because it would not went well. Like I said my DD is a nut and would haved wet her pants laughing.

whew... no more thongs. Great start... waiting for the next update.

Well no more thong picks. It was bad enough I had to see it. So thought I would share the pain.

Glad you're back on track! It's so nice when teens still enjoy being with the family!

Work has been a bit crazy and DW started working at nights so not much free time. Our kids always go with us. Our oldest DD did not make this trip she was working.