Who Said It's Complicated

This diagram makes it crystal clear which bus to take.

It's not an official WDW Transportation document. It's a sad attempt by some guy, Arthur Dewolf, who became a transportation expert probably because he'd been to WDW a couple of dozen times.

Nice try, but no cigar Artie.

The correct diagram would be much, much, more complicated.

trans.jpg

If I can't drive to MK, can't to the bus, and now no boat. Any suggestions on how to get there?

Drive to the WL and take the bus to MK from there.

It will take an average of 25 minutes, don't doubt me, from your site to MK as compared to a total of 45 minutes by boat.

This works only because due to operational needs, buses are dispatched to the WL from MK much more frequently than just about any other bus on property. AK to AKL being the other one.

The other way is to drive and park at the CR and walk over to MK. This is trickier because sometimes Security is stricter at the CR.

... as compared to a total of 45 minutes by boat.

It's rare it's ever taken us that long to get to MK by boat. Does happen on those occasions when they're short on boats, or parties are going on, but not often.

But then again, we're not typically there when it's very busy and we usually head to the park during off times (i.e., not right at open)

We enjoy the boat ride anyway. I think I've only driven to MK once.

It's rare it's ever taken us that long to get to MK by boat.

Yes, if you're close to the marina, have a GC and catch the boat right away, you'll make it in less time, but if you're in the 1700 loop, have to take the bus and the boat just left MK, it's much longer.

Do it 10 times from different loops by bus and GC and let me know.

45 minutes is what's recommended to allow for just about any single leg of any trip using WDW transportation.

We have been to WDW twice with the kids. We no longer have the "gotta do this" feeling. I have thrown out the spreadsheets for our personal trip (can't do that for the rally stuff). We are going TCD style... aka going with the flow.

That's the nice thing about having at least one or two trips under your belt...you learn these things. I don't know how many people I've heard say they hate Disney World, cause they went one time and came home exhausted. They tried to get it all in, which of course is impossible. Our trips in the past few years have been much more relaxed. And I have also ditched the spreadsheets....well, except for my meal one. I love planning meals, and it helps with shopping. Although even that gets tossed aside more and more for impromptu trips to the Poly or WL for a snack, leaving us too full for our planned dinner. That's why I plan fewer meals than I used to.

Why have I started rambling on about meals in a thread about transportation? :rofl3:

Yes, if you're close to the marina, have a GC and catch the boat right away, you'll make it in less time, but if you're in the 1700 loop, have to take the bus and the boat just left MK, it's much longer.

Fair enough!

Personally I find every excuse I can to ride the monorail.

Hehe... me too.

... I don't know how many people I've heard say they hate Disney World, cause they went one time and came home exhausted. They tried to get it all in, which of course is impossible.

My brother and SIL just did this. They were on a cruise that stopped for the day at Canaveral, so they rented a car took their 3yo to MK... for the afternoon!

Mind you, I'd actually given them a touring plan that would have at least allowed them to get a few of the toddler faves done, but they decided they'd just wing it and let my nephew "decide" where they should go. Huh?! Was he there in a past life?

I'd also told them that several attractions were going to be closed - like Dumbo, BTMR - and that they would have to take the tram from the parking lot and would have to fold up any stroller they took.

Apparently they got there at 2pm. They'd brought one of those hummer-sized strollers that Lou loves so much (ha!) with a huge cooler bag underneath, so right off the bat they were struggling just to get all their crap in the tram.

Once they got inside they had no idea what to do so they wandered around, rode the train, got a photo with Mickey, and hit the gift shop, and that was it.

Then they complained because it was too hectic and Dumbo was closed, and said they probably won't go back for a long time.

:banghead:

I love planning meals, and it helps with shopping. Although even that gets tossed aside more and more for impromptu trips to the Poly or WL for a snack, leaving us too full for our planned dinner. That's why I plan fewer meals than I used to.

Ditto!

That's the nice thing about having at least one or two trips under your belt...you learn these things. I don't know how many people I've heard say they hate Disney World, cause they went one time and came home exhausted. They tried to get it all in, which of course is impossible. Our trips in the past few years have been much more relaxed. And I have also ditched the spreadsheets....well, except for my meal one. I love planning meals, and it helps with shopping. Although even that gets tossed aside more and more for impromptu trips to the Poly or WL for a snack, leaving us too full for our planned dinner. That's why I plan fewer meals than I used to.

Why have I started rambling on about meals in a thread about transportation? :rofl3:

Did INC win you by feeding you great food?