Hot Fun in the Summertime-TCD's August 2012 TR

I am going to throw out a wild shot in the dark on the yellow tent. Maybe another baby care center. Like the one next to Crystal Palace. Probably not though since it would make sense to put a baby and first aid place next to the biggest little kids play area. Just a thought though. And the wifi is supposed to be so the smartphone users can actually use the new disney app with their next gen fast pass system.

Let's see how I do.

I am re-posting this because I just had another thought about that yellow tent.

I wonder if it will be for an expanded Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? That thing is a huge cash cow for Disney. Why not make a giant one complete with a gift shop full of costumes for guests to buy? It would fit in Fantasyland nicely- and the train station is right there for easy access.

TCD

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wouldn't be breaking the" open container law" and he would have to let you on, unless you were visibly intoxicated. For those of you with the Red Solo Cups, unless you have a cover on it, you're n

I sure it has nothing to do with Uranus, BM, hanging chad, or slow movements down a canal. It has to do with the lack of beer, doesn't it?

With statements like that, I'm beginning to doubt that you actually know Bobby.

Yellow Tent - Could it be just part of Pete's Silly Slideshow.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2012/08/new-concept-art-reveals-petes-silly-sideshow-home-of-big-top-meet-and-greets-in-storybook-circus-at-walt-disney-world/

Since the entrance is right there and there are many character greet in there, they will need the space.

jon

Yellow Tent - Could it be just part of Pete's Silly Slideshow.

http://www.insidethe...t-disney-world/

Since the entrance is right there and there are many character greet in there, they will need the space.

jon

That's a good point, but you can see on the map here how they specifically identify where Pete's Silly Sideshow will go, and the yellow tent, which is represented by orange on the map, is separate from it:

433.jpg

Also, the model shows a good-sized building behind the red Pete's Silly Side Show tent, so it looks like there is some extra room built in there already:

431.jpg

I think the yellow tent is for something distinct from the gift shop and meet and greet area.

TCD

Speaking of drinks, will Gaston's Tavern be a real tavern? Will we finally have a place to get a beer in the MK?

Hell is about to freeze over. Or it has and my following post is after the fact.

I enjoy beer while on vacation and relaxing. HOWEVER, after seeing how it gets crazy and overconsumed at EPCOT, (WARNING HELL FREEZING OVER FOLLOWS), I hope they keep MK dry. I think kids AND parents need a park where they don't have to worry about obnoxious drunks. Walt had this one right. But then again when has the mgt at Disney followed Walt's wishes lately.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I suspect the yellow tent may be somehow related to the Iranian nuclear experiments being conducted in the blue pools at River Country. It's proximity to the Double Uranium Enrichment Centrifuges masquerading as Dumbo lends credence to my theory.

Very good Dave! All those years you spent watching Scooby Doo are finally starting to pay off!

How could I have forgotten the blue tanks?

They are there for a reason, right?

My guess is some kind of eatery. They make tons of money on their food and drinks.

Speaking of drinks, will Gaston's Tavern be a real tavern? Will we finally have a place to get a beer in the MK?

FP4

Hell is about to freeze over. Or it has and my following post is after the fact.

I enjoy beer while on vacation and relaxing. HOWEVER, after seeing how it gets crazy and overconsumed at EPCOT, (WARNING HELL FREEZING OVER FOLLOWS), I hope they keep MK dry. I think kids AND parents need a park where they don't have to worry about obnoxious drunks. Walt had this one right. But then again when has the mgt at Disney followed Walt's wishes lately.

Well put, Genia.

I agree with you. There are times that I would love to have a cold one at the MK. But, I am glad that there are not marauding crowds of drunks there. It does get real ugly at Epcot, and even Hollywood Studios some times.

And FP4, I think you might be on to something. Even though they will have the Be Our Guest Restaurant and Gaston's Tavern, they may need some other food service locations over here.

Be Our Guest becomes full serve at dinner, so they do need a quick serve place here. Gaston's doesn't look too big. That yellow tent could be a seating area and a food court type location like they have there outside Tower of Terror and RNR at Hollywood Studios. That would also be consistent with what the castmember told me about it being a place to rest. If they had drinks, snacks, ice cream and such for sale there, that would be a place people could sit down and eat and drink.

And, taking Dave's lead, and thinking outside the box, I just had another idea . . .

What about a DVC sale location?

They need one of those in the MK.

TCD

I am pretty sure that is what is going in to Dave's girlfriend's old abode.

i.e. the old Snow White attraction.

You're right. I found this official announcement.

"Also, as shared previously, the Disney Princesses will be getting a new home at the location where Snow White’s Scary Adventures is today."

My guess is some kind of eatery. They make tons of money on their food and drinks.

FP4

Gaston's Tavern will NOT be a real tavern. They will be sticking with Walt's original plan of the Magic Kingdom having no alcohol.

Very good Dave! All those years you spent watching Scooby Doo are finally starting to pay off!

How could I have forgotten the blue tanks?

They are there for a reason, right?

Well put, Genia.

I agree with you. There are times that I would love to have a cold one at the MK. But, I am glad that there are not marauding crowds of drunks there. It does get real ugly at Epcot, and even Hollywood Studios some times.

Agreed. I wouldn't want that, either. They should get rid of the smoking areas, too - or at least reduce it to 2 or 3 of them.

It's a classic example of the people with no common sense ruining it for everyone. My husband and I have often commented to each other when we've had a long day at the MK how nice it would be to have a cold beer with dinner. Or to have a nice glass of wine while watching the electric parade. But, notice I said "a beer", or "a glass". Not 3. Or 10. Just the one.

How can people afford to get sloppy drunk at Epcot, anyway? Those prices are so steep! When I do splurge and get a frozen drink in Mexico, it has long since melted by the time I finish it! I milk that sucker!

Did you get that from an official WDW source?

Here is one source.

http://citysurfingorlando.com/2012/05/walt-disney-world-releases-fantasyland-attractions-opening-dates/

and another.

http://themeparks.about.com/od/waltdisneyworld/ss/New-Fantasyland-Forest-at-Disney-World_2.htm

I know these are not official WDW sites, but I know I have read it in a couple more places.

I know these are not official WDW sites, but I know I have read it in a couple more places.

While I suspect that they will not change the no alcohol policy, all of the outside sources are doing the same thing, speculating.

I've serached the WDW internal web sites and can't find a word about what will be offered at Gaston's Tavern except for for the abbreviation, TBD.

While I suspect that they will not change the no alcohol policy, all of the outside sources are doing the same thing, speculating.

I've serached the WDW internal web sites and can't find a word about what will be offered at Gaston's Tavern except for for the abbreviation, TBD.

Wow.

I know I have read several places that there will not be booze served there, but I didn't realize that there was no official announcement on this yet.

If they do serve liquor there, they will make a mint. I still hope they don't, and I don't think they will.

TCD

That is very true and I would have to go with the guy that truly is an insider. I agree with TCD and others, I hope they keep up with tradition. If you need a drink that bad, then take the monorail or a boat and get one at one of the hotels.