Procrastination pays off right now!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're now at the mid-point of our trip. And, it will be one of our busiest days so far. Earlier in the week, we had seen a big boat pull up to the CM dock at the fort, and a bunch of kids dressed liked pirates get off and scatter all over the beach. The boys wanted to know if they could ride it, too. So I went to the marina desk and asked about it. They referred me to a website and I looked it up when we got back to the camper.

Turns out there is an excursion for kids-only that departs from the GF a couple times a week. They make several stops on the lake and the one at the fort includes searching for a buried treasure box. It wasn't cheap, but did sound like a lot of fun and being on my own with the kids all week, it would give me a little break and a chance to get some errands in. So, I sprung for the tickets and they were scheduled to sail on the pirate ship at 9 am Wed. I'm sure these are the same ones that do the night time fireworks excursions.

I opted to drive over to the GF so I could go run my errands right after they got on their way. Parked in the self-parking lot there, walked over to the resort and back to their marina. It was already really, really hot out when we arrived a little past 8. They were allowed to bring a bag so I packed them some waters and snacks. As it turns out, they provided all of that on their little cruise which was nice.

Here we are, getting all signed in and geared up. Then waiting.

IMG_1087.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

And waiting.

IMG_1091.jpg

And waiting. We were the first ones there, and it was a good hour before they got on their way. Remember I said it was hot? Even in the shade, at 8/9 in the morning.

IMG_1092.jpg

As you can see, my oldest was one of the bigger kids on this excursion. He was at the top of the age limit. It really is geared for say, 5 to 9 year olds. But, the boys enjoyed it and again, I got a little time to run around without them in tow.

Finally, they were ready to board the "ship":

IMG_1094.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

And find a seat:

IMG_1097.jpg

And off they go on their hour-and-a-half voyage:

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

I was trying to video and shoot photos at the same time, plus juggle my purse and coffee. So, these aren't very good - no extra digits to zoom in! But if I remember correctly, they headed off to the left, under that monorail:

IMG_1104.jpg

What I should have done, since I was at the GF, was splurged again and gotten myself a massage and a pedi, which I needed desperately. Instead, I ran to Walgreens and Winn Dixie on 535 to replenish some necessities in the fridge and pick up some medication. Boring, I know. I did stop at the little cafe by the marina at the GF on my way back to the car to get a croissant. It was good.

Right on schedule, they pulled back into the marina:

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

They had a great time, and came away with a bag of cheap toys loot that they were pretty excited about. My youngest was the one who found the buried treasure over at Clementine's Beach and he was pretty jazzed about that. The only complaint they had was that a couple of the younger kids on the trip were annoying and kept breaking the rules, causing the CM's to constantly have to threaten to turn the boat around and bring them back. The girls who were in charge of this seemed to be really good with kids and one of them did a pretty good pirate impression.

I would recommend this for those of you with younger kids, it's a nice way for Mom and Dad to get a little time to go get a massage together at the spa there, have a nice brunch or just lay around the GF pool, which is right next to where you drop them off.

Next, we have a little GF lobby time and enjoy their Easter decor. As that is one of my favorite places in all of WDW, I took tons of pictures there so will save that for my next post.

Hey- I saw a crew of these pirates invade the Fort this past weekend. I wanted to follow them to see what they were up to, but I had my daughters with me and they said it would be creepy for me to be following other people's kids around. After I thought about it, I realized they were right. So thanks for your post, now I know what they were up to.

I like your son's Gator bag!

TCD

Sounds like the kids had a BLAST!!!!!

They did!

Hey- I saw a crew of these pirates invade the Fort this past weekend. I wanted to follow them to see what they were up to, but I had my daughters with me and they said it would be creepy for me to be following other people's kids around. After I thought about it, I realized they were right. So thanks for your post, now I know what they were up to.

I like your son's Gator bag!

TCD

Glad I solved that mystery. Your daughters are smart. I don't want to see your mug on the tele sitting across a min-bar from Chris Hanson! Then you'll be the one walking around AK with an ankle monitor.

Chomp, chomp!!

Glad I solved that mystery. Your daughters are smart. I don't want to see your mug on the tele sitting across a min-bar from Chris Hanson! Then you'll be the one walking around AK with an ankle monitor.

Chomp, chomp!!

Can't have TCD with an ankle monitor... then Yuri would get caught brining the camera back.

I wish you could have hit the GF spa...

Can't have TCD with an ankle monitor... then Yuri would get caught brining the camera back.

I wish you could have hit the GF spa...

ne too….**sigh**

The kids look like they had a great pirate adventure. Also good for Mom to get a little break, even if you had to go grocery shopping.

They did! And yes, a break is a break - I'll take what I can get!

That pirate cruise looks fun. I wish they took 44 year olds. I don't get to do much at WDW that doesn't involve princesses.

Also, I didn't realize we had another Gator in our midst! :wave1:

hahaha maybe if we're ever there at the same time, we can switch - you get your pirate thing, I can indulge in some princesses and glitter! I've secretly always wanted to go to the Bibbidi-Bob place, whatever it's called…...

My husband went to UF. So, I'm a Gator by marriage!

After the pirate adventure ended, we went inside the GF to see the beautiful Easter decorations.

There were hydrangeas everywhere - I just love hydrangeas.

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

From what I remember reading, several (or maybe all) of the chefs in WDW participate in this egg decorating event. They are all 100% edible, and beautiful. The detail on some of them was just incredible.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

We spent an awful lot of time looking at them, as you can tell!

I wanted to sneak a bite of this one:

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1116.jpgIMG_1115.jpg

Then we headed out to grab the monorail. But first, a traditional GF pose for mom:

IMG_1123.jpg

We went upstairs and hopped on the monorail for a spin.

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

The reflection in this shot is kinda cool:

IMG_1137.jpg

¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!

IMG_1139.jpg

After making one pass around, we got off, walked over to the parking lot and drove back to the fort.

We had lunch, went swimming, then chilled out at the camper for a bit.

Nice TR!

I don't know firsthand, but I have heard too much procrastination can lead to blindness. :bugeyes:

Thanks!

pretty sure that's another word that ends in -ation. But I wouldn't know, either…… heard it in a movie once.

Last time I was in Grand Floridian it was 1992. I feel like a Beverly Hillbilly even passing it on the monorail. "Sir....we have no cee-ment pond here!"

I may have to sneak a trip with just my girls and bring them to the tea. I'd even do something I've never done camping....shave.

Caught up, again.

So whats the story about the youngest not letting go of that Kyle Busch hat for a bandanna? Just curious.

And that is an awesome hat, where did he get it? I WANT! :clint:

He didn't want to wear the bandanna on his head so they tied it around his wrist.

He's always liked the m&m's car, no matter who the driver is. Even though I told him Kyle's a dirty driver, he didn't care. It's all about the m&m's for him. I don't like either Busch driver. My older son is a Stewart fan, now him I can tolerate. I believe he got that hat at Kyle's trailer at a Daytona race a couple of years ago.

Awesome! I think my youngest would love the pirate cruise too!

It was fun, they still talk about it when we go by there.

I better not show this to my kids, they will want to be pirates.

Well to save money I guess you could stick a bandanna on their head and take them on one of the resort boats, just tell them there's a secret treasure to find when you get there! But then you'd have to come up with something (or just giggle while they look for nothing).

Sorry my updates are kinda short. Trying to squeeze them in between chores. We went out of town again over the weekend then school started back today so it's been busy, and then there's the unending laundry! I think I remember where we left off…..kinda, sorta….the pictures are jogging the memory.

After we got back from the pirate excursion, GF lobby tour and monorail ride, we had lunch and chilled out. Hopped on our trusty Kenny cart and went for a cruise. Saw these guys, who were out and about every day of our stay:

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

Later on, we had dinner and I made it a no-game, no-TV night. I know, mean old mom. Used to be we never took the laptops, and didn't have a TV. How soon they forget!

IMG_1207.jpg

Then we headed over to the sing-a-long to make some s'mores:

IMG_1203.jpg

I know there are different cowboys on different nights. I've never been able to distinguish which ones are which, but I always enjoy their corny songs, they're all very good!

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1196.jpg

This shot is kinda cool with the heat blurring the lady next to my son. Speaking of heat, that chick is packin', too! Check out those guns!

IMG_1194.jpg

It was almost a full moon:

IMG_1193.jpg

Yummmmmyyy!

IMG_0350.jpg

More later!

YAY!! Great report so far!! Can't wait to read more. Would you mind sharing the website for the pirate cruise? :thank-you-smiley3:

I'll try to find it - it's within the WDW site itself. I think someone might have referenced it in TCD's current trip report "Hot Fun in the Summertime".

Hey- I somehow missed your update!

Love the photos from the campfire!

TCD

Those fires and corny songs never get old. And, it gives me someplace to stand when I forget to put bug spray on.

Fun campfire pics!

I'm glad you told us that it was the heat blurring that lady in the pic, otherwise I would have thought she hadn't shaved her legs in years. ;D

Oh my gosh, it sure does look like fur!