We Biked, Got Spiked, Celebrated and Swam Around the World!

Just one quick post to finish out this day.

While we were out riding our bikes, I noticed a funny little vehicle riding on the sidewalks. It had an All-Star resort emblem on the back of it. I wondered why it was all the way over here?

Many of you who have read TCD’s report of this same week already know what that funny little vehicle was, but at the time, I didn’t……

Later on, we were going out looping and we saw the funny little vehicle again on our way out of 1600. I had to do a double take when we passed him. I did a fast u-turn and whipped back around the loop to get another look:

IMG_0648.jpg

What is that guy doing? And why is he parked on an empty site?

As we got a little closer, I saw that the door was open and there was black liquid coming out of the back of it:

IMG_0649.jpg

What the Fort?

IMG_0650.jpg

That is nothing. When I first saw this, there was black muck gushing out of the back of this little contraption. That’s why I came back around for another look. Then I saw the little brushes, and realized it was a sidewalk cleaner.

But still, why did he just park right next to an empty site, where some unknowing Fort guest paying good money to camp there, will be parked in very soon?

Who knows what’s in that nasty grime he scrubs off of the sidewalks? Probably just ordinary dirt just like where he’s dumping it, but I still didn’t like it.

And he didn’t like me taking his picture! Gave me a reeeaaallly dirty look. I saw him again out scrubbing later in the week and he didn’t look like he had cheered up much. Poor guy’s probably all pissy because he thought he was getting a gig at an All Star resort and they assigned him the yucky old campground.

He did a lousy job too. There is a wide strip on either side of the sidewalks he scrubbed where the brushes didn’t reach. It almost looked worse than it probably did when they were just all dirty.

PS: Stef/Genia - note the butt!

FP4

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that's what I'm talking about! Wrap one up and start another! :thumbsup2: Bonus points for CM booty shot.

I love the stare down. That chick looks a lot like a woman in my neighborhood who wears a similar hat. INC would like to slap it off her head. Good for you for taking her pic. Reminds me of somethi

Good job on the pool hopping! Although I think it was just an excuse to go pool bar hopping! :doublebeer: :wine:

I just went to get ready to organize my photos for my next update and tried to see if I could find this info for my images. No dice! And it's on my own page! Did you see all of that data on FF, or did you follow the link to photobucket?

Maybe you just have the ESPN or something. Now that would be creepy.

No, not ESPN.... Saw the earlier post and deliberately looked at it... The average person would never see it.. I am just not average.. :smartass:

What is that guy doing? And why is he parked on an empty site?

As we got a little closer, I saw that the door was open and there was black liquid coming out of the back of it:

IMG_0649.jpg

Heck with the fact he is dumping his grey water on the ground like we are not allowed to, but where were the useless fearless Fort Rangers? He has not one but two tires on the grass!!!!!

No, not ESPN.... Saw the earlier post and deliberately looked at it... The average person would never see it.. I am just not average.. :smartass:

Hahaha…I hope you know I wasn't serious about the ESPN thing. I'm average intelligence, just like Tow Mater, but not that bad.

Heck with the fact he is dumping his grey water on the ground like we are not allowed to, but where were the useless fearless Fort Rangers? He has not one but two tires on the grass!!!!!

Hey! Good catch. Maybe he does double-duty as a ranger and has immunity. In any case, I wouldn't mess with the dude…..he was one angry looking guy.

This is something to consider for all of those people who like to get creative with their tent setups, too.

You know, this guy looks like he'd be a good candidate for TCD's award. Having the stones to be seen in broad daylight, dumping filthy muck on what is essentially resort accommodations. Look at the stuff on the ground!

You know, this guy looks like he'd be a good candidate for TCD's award. Having the stones to be seen in broad daylight, dumping filthy muck on what is essentially resort accommodations. Look at the stuff on the ground!

We can prove it too....

Photo was taken on an iPhone at https://maps.google....ved=0CCEQ8gEwAA

exif:GPSLatitude>28,24.24N</exif:GPSLatitude>

<exif:GPSLongitude>81,33.31W</exif:GPSLongitude>

<exif:DateTimeOriginal>2012-08-08T14:43:49-04:00</exif:DateTimeOriginal>

<exif:GPSAltitudeRef>0</exif:GPSAltitudeRef>

<exif:GPSAltitude>42/1</exif:GPSAltitude>

<exif:GPSTimeStamp>2012-08-08T18:43:49-04:00</exif:GPSTimeStamp>

<exif:GPSImgDirectionRef>T</exif:GPSImgDirectionRef>

<exif:GPSImgDirection>24049/198</exif:GPSImgDirection>

OK, I am having way too much fun....

We can prove it too....

Dude. Now you're seriously freaking me out.

I really hope that you are one of few who possess this special talent.

You'd be angry too if you were forced to drive that stupid little truck around a campground filled with big, real trucks. The guy has truck envy.

Nah. He's just mad because he has to stick his hand in that gunk! Or maybe it's because his wife buys him those awful socks.

All joking aside, this is outrageous!

That is positively disgusting- that the guy can just dump that sludge at a campsite. More proof that the Fort managers are idiots.

I have always heard that it is against the law to dump grey water on the ground in Florida. I have never seen that law in writing, but if you visit a State park in Florida, that is what they say. But, here at the Fort, the Idiot Managers do nothing to educate the guests about proper waste water disposal. Since I am normally on a partial loop, I always see folks washing dishes and dumping the waste water on the ground. There are little signs on the utility posts in the 2000 loop saying to dispose of waste water properly, but no signs of any kind on the 1500 loop.

It was just recently that the Idiot Managers finally stopped taking kick-backs from the detailers and stopped them from washing RV's on the sites and dumping all the waste water from that on the ground.

But, those stupid Fort Rangers will harass the paying guests every night if one tire is off the pavement.

Pathetic.

TCD

We have all of one Vinylmation, and my youngest spent his own money on it. Whenever they ask me to buy them I tell them no. But, I do spring for a pin every now and then.

We do have a small pin collection but my family and I are amused by the whole Vinylmation thing and discuss how it is another Disney attempt to suck money out of our pockets. Then this trip we saw Vinylmation pins! We all yelled "nooooooooooooooooooo..."

And when we were in DTD a year ago we saw a glass top table that was filled with Vinylmation. My DH got a "how awesome would that be! " look in his eyes and we had to hurry him out of the store as quickly as possible.

We can prove it too....

Hey Steve-

Is there any info on this photo? :

IMG_8930.jpg

That was taken on one of the twins' iphones and texted to me.

I then forwarded it my email account, saved it on my computer and uploaded it to photobucket from there.

I don't see any GPS or other information on it when I open it on my computer- just the date the file was created.

I'm curious to know if there is any personal information attached to the photo- like names, etc. If there is, please don't publish it here. I'm just curious.

Thanks.

TCD

All joking aside, this is outrageous!

That is positively disgusting- that the guy can just dump that sludge at a campsite. More proof that the Fort managers are idiots.

I have always heard that it is against the law to dump grey water on the ground in Florida. I have never seen that law in writing, but if you visit a State park in Florida, that is what they say. But, here at the Fort, the Idiot Managers do nothing to educate the guests about proper waste water disposal. Since I am normally on a partial loop, I always see folks washing dishes and dumping the waste water on the ground. There are little signs on the utility posts in the 2000 loop saying to dispose of waste water properly, but no signs of any kind on the 1500 loop.

It was just recently that the Idiot Managers finally stopped taking kick-backs from the detailers and stopped them from washing RV's on the sites and dumping all the waste water from that on the ground.

But, those stupid Fort Rangers will harass the paying guests every night if one tire is off the pavement.

Pathetic.

TCD

Excellent point. I would think that whatever is in this gunk is far more toxic than anyone's dirty dish water or some shampoo residue.

Just another example of how this resort seems to be at the bottom of their list of priorities.

We do have a small pin collection but my family and I are amused by the whole Vinylmation thing and discuss how it is another Disney attempt to suck money out of our pockets. Then this trip we saw Vinylmation pins! We all yelled "nooooooooooooooooooo..."

And when we were in DTD a year ago we saw a glass top table that was filled with Vinylmation. My DH got a "how awesome would that be! " look in his eyes and we had to hurry him out of the store as quickly as possible.

I KNOW!!! Vinylmation PINS?? I laughed when I saw those.

Not only are they ugly, they're too bulky for the lanyard, imo.

Hey Steve-

IMG_8930.jpg

I then forwarded it my email account, saved it on my computer and uploaded it to photobucket from there.

I don't see any GPS or other information on it when I open it on my computer- just the date the file was created.

I'm curious to know if there is any personal information attached to the photo- like names, etc. If there is, please don't publish it here. I'm just curious.

Thanks.

TCD

TCD if anyone gets to see this picture I'm pretty sure they'd leave your girls alone if they thought this guy was walking around with them!

Kidding of course. This photo stuff is really freaking me out. Out of courtesy I will finish this TR but probably won't do any more. I was on the fence about putting pictures of my children on here anyway, and you know how I feel about publishing my whereabouts.

This photo stuff is really freaking me out. Out of courtesy I will finish this TR but probably won't do any more. I was on the fence about putting pictures of my children on here anyway, and you know how I feel about publishing my whereabouts.

I hope that you will reconsider that decision. You write a mean trip report.

I am sure there must be a way to remove the information from your photos.

I agree with you about not wanting to put personal information "out there" for everyone to see, but I don't see a whole lot of danger in posting photos after a visit. The bad guys still don't know when you will be back.

TCD

I hope that you will reconsider that decision. You write a mean trip report.

I am sure there must be a way to remove the information from your photos.

I agree with you about not wanting to put personal information "out there" for everyone to see, but I don't see a whole lot of danger in posting photos after a visit. The bad guys still don't know when you will be back.

TCD

Thanks for the compliment. I will think about it.

My concern isn't a home security one - we're very careful about that, and more often than not, there is someone in our home. We have a lot of family around and friends with kids in their 20's who make great house-sitters.

It's more out of the sickos who like to look at photos of young boys, and then try to track them down. When I look at the bottom of these page and see how many "guests" are reading my TR, it makes me wonder who that might be. Probably just another lurker who loves the Fort, but you never know.

That was a good segue to ask you visitors who might be reading along to go ahead and join in the fun here. Don't worry if you don't want to say much! But at least if you join, we'll know we're not being "followed"…..cue spooky music…...

Well done FP4! You surely deserve extra credit for a butt shot of a butt-sore CM!

I agree with TCD, I have always heard it is illegal to dump grey water. I thought it was kind of a strange rule as it's nothing but soapy water?! This CM was probably mad because you busted him.

I also hope that you don't give up on trip reports. I think you're chance of encountering weirdos is much more worrisome when they are home, school, riding bikes in the neighborhood....than in a TR. To be honest, I could probably walk right past your boys in DW and never even recognize them.

(So tell them if a short lady ever comes up to them and asks if they are the sons of FP4, just tell them to yell for security! :)) )

All kidding aside, as long as you've had "the stranger talk" with them, I wouldn't worry too much. I've enjoyed your reports and would hate to see you quit.

Well done FP4! You surely deserve extra credit for a butt shot of a butt-sore CM!

I agree with TCD, I have always heard it is illegal to dump grey water. I thought it was kind of a strange rule as it's nothing but soapy water?! This CM was probably mad because you busted him.

I also hope that you don't give up on trip reports. I think you're chance of encountering weirdos is much more worrisome when they are home, school, riding bikes in the neighborhood....than in a TR. To be honest, I could probably walk right past your boys in DW and never even recognize them.

(So tell them if a short lady ever comes up to them and asks if they are the sons of FP4, just tell them to yell for security! :)) )

All kidding aside, as long as you've had "the stranger talk" with them, I wouldn't worry too much. I've enjoyed your reports and would hate to see you quit.

Thanks! I was hoping for double points for grouchy street cleaner guy's butt shot since it's just his butt! hahaha

I'm fine with the grey water rule/law. Do you want to put your camp chair where someone's shower water residue is? (who knows what they do in there) ​The thought of the hair alone makes me gag a little bit. Think about your dog rolling around in that. ewww

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm sure there are riskier places than this, I'm on Facebook too and am sure that is far more exposure, despite my privacy settings. Places like the MK, ballparks, and pools are a pedophile's playground. We spend a lot of time in all of those. It's just when you stop and think about that stuff it makes you want to hide! They've had the talk. Many, many times. I'm afraid they'll turn out to be anti-social, I've said it so much.

HIJACK!!

I edited the quote...but in all seriousness...is there somewhere to dispose of grey water near/on the partial loops? Most of the campgrounds we frequent here at home have a "dishwashing station" at one or more of the comfort stations. I didn't notice anything when we were at FW this past January but since we were using Donnie's camper and my mom had their's we weren't really looking for a place to do dishes.

:thank-you-smiley3:

Thanks! I was hoping for double points for grouchy street cleaner guy's butt shot since it's just his butt! hahaha

so grouchy butts are worth more than happy butts?

Don't worry about the bonus, normally when grouchy.......never mind.....

Enjoying the report! Thanks again for sharing!!!

HIJACK!!

I edited the quote...but in all seriousness...is there somewhere to dispose of grey water near/on the partial loops? Most of the campgrounds we frequent here at home have a "dishwashing station" at one or more of the comfort stations. I didn't notice anything when we were at FW this past January but since we were using Donnie's camper and my mom had their's we weren't really looking for a place to do dishes.

:thank-you-smiley3:

Nice hijack!

No, there are no dishwashing stations at the Fort.

But there is a big utility sink in each laundry room. That's a good place to dump grey water. But, there are no instructions given by the Idiot Managers on this topic, so you kind of have to figure it out on your own.

I have a cassette toilet in my pop-up. The story on those is that you are supposed to call the front desk and they will tell you where there is an empty site that you can use the sewer connection to dump the contents. I never bother calling the front desk- that would probably take at least a half hour-I just look for an empty site and take care of it. You obviously could dump your grey water there too.

Or, we can all do like All Star guy and just dump it next to our sites.

TCD

There's a giant sink at the Creekside Meadow group camping area CS. But I've never seen any others except the homemade ones some people have at their sites.

When we had our pop-up, I had a dishpan and washed everything on the picnic table. And yes I dumped the pan out next to the hose connection. I have seen signs by the sinks in the laundry room asking people not to use them to do dishes.

Hey Steve-

IMG_8930.jpg

Thanks.

TCD

Do not see anything. It actually looks like it was a "save as" that no longer has the original info.