Chilling on a Fort road... Pam & Starla's July 4 with the squatters

Oh don't be silly guys. That what fiends are for right? It was an epic derailment. I only hope what I write will be worthy. The pressure is on now. LOL even TCD can't say he broke a ff 200,000 post milestone on one of his TRs. That's a pretty impressive accomplishment right there, even if I had nothing to do with it. Not to mention funny. The only problem is that I suspect I'd have had too much fun by the end of your imaginary version. Left to your own devices, you might make us all blush :naughtywave:

Just making sure you didn't get offended... cause I love ya more'n my luggage. Wait I dont' have luggage.... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: So how's this instead, as my first fiend meeting that makes you super duper special.... :heartsmiley:

I think you are confusting the two Stephs.... although there might be something in the name.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

or, in my mother's words, "July 4 was weeks ago - are you ever coming home?" If given a choice I think we can all guess the answer to that one. It's a short one syllabel answer that might symbolically

Pam went to the pool and kicked some local's ass. How's that for trip reporting?

Oh don't be silly guys. That what fiends are for right? It was an epic derailment. I only hope what I write will be worthy. The pressure is on now. LOL even TCD can't say he broke a ff 200,000 post mi

• 3 weeks later...

LOL it was actually the steam show tractors keeping me away. Then my stepdad has been having some serious medical issues, DD11's cheerleading team had homecoming weekend, before that they were in a long parade in the rain, DH's nephew's wedding was the same day as homecoming, and - as if all that wasn't enough - we took a shameless 7 hr drive out to play at the Kalahari in Ohio.

I'll see your rum and raise you a coconut mango rum punch from the Kalahari. :SmileyMargarita1:

It may not look it, but this is one huge drink. I felt like a little kid taunting "my drink's bigger than your drink"

2012-09-26221619.jpg

I've edited the first post to give anyone who might get discouraged by this train wreck the pages (4, 12, & 13) of previous official updates as opposed to the imaginary fun I might have been having courtesy of Rebel and the Squatter King. We will now attempt to add another so grab your koozies and let's go...

back to our report... I told you there were VIPs expected during the weekend. The big muckity muck wouldn't arrive until Sunday but we were honored with visits from a couple of VIPs near & dear to our hearts on Saturday.

DS34 stopped by with his GF to spend some time with us on Saturday & again on Sunday. We don't see them often so it was a real treat. They came in on one of those Pontoon boats with a group of friends and looked great.

And check this out... do you know whose house this might be in the distance? It must have have been a premium site what with being there right next to the spot-a-pots and all...

0623121631c.jpg

Yup, you got it. Nicki was there! We could tell they were home b/c we saw them looking out the windows at us.

0624121436.jpg

The girls wanted to go in and check out the new TT. They said it was weird. Even weirder than it looked. A guy outside made them suit up with space vests before entering and gave them lazer guns. Inside they said there were so many sheets hanging up from clotheslines all over the place that they had to weave in & out of them searching while calling her name.

Nicki reportedly lives for laundry. Maybe she'd decided to save all her quarters for the barrels instead of the dryers at the laundrymat that week? or perhaps she was helping Jason dry out his tent before the drive south to squat?

Whatever the case, they stuck it out hoping to find her until Nicki's captors - or were they her minions? we weren't sure - started shooting their lazer guns. That was the last straw. What a way to treat a guest. My girls took aim & shot back as they headed for the exit.

They thought they were going to rescue the Rebel family but perhaps they were intruding. Next time I think we'd better call first... :dogsnicker:

0624121416.jpg

There were lots of interesting sights to be sure. Fighting aliens, whether minions or imaginary hubbys, made us hungry. As usual, there wasn't a speck of pie to be found at Nicki's so let's check out some of the food on the lake...

0623121654.jpg

Anybody feel like a crab-stuffed pretzel? How about a bread bowl baked full of crab dip? yummmmm, way pricey but oh so good...

0623121805c.jpg0623121805.jpg0623121805a.jpg0623121804a.jpg0623121804c.jpg0623121804d.jpg0623121804b.jpg

0623121804.jpg0623121805b.jpg

You could have had deep fried anything - check out the candy bars - who deep fries a candy bar for pete's sake?

hehehe... I'm betting this single booth alone would positively kill the first lady's healthy eating campaign if it lasted any longer than a weekend...

Just to prove we could have a heart attack with the best of them, Starla bought us a combo platter of peanut butter tastycakes and oreos. I think DD11 lived on the fried pickles that weekend while imagining she was at her favorite diner - Ella's deli in Madison WI.

0623121654a.jpg0624121721.jpg2012-06-24183057.jpg

I've edited the first post to give anyone who might get discouraged by this train wreck the pages (4, 12, & 13) of previous official updates as opposed to the imaginary fun I might have been having courtesy of Rebel and the Squatter King. We will now attempt to add another so grab your koozies and let's go...

Pam has pronounced me King of the Squatters. Shouldn't my name be John then?

Pam has pronounced me King of the Squatters. Shouldn't my name be John then?

Sorry Jason, John says that name is taken. He was in the TT remember? Well, at night anyway. You'll have to settle for the title of dubiously-good King Jason... :laugh:

Too much Rum can make the memory foggy.

There is such a thing as too much rum?

I suspect it may be bordering on treason to even entertain such a question. You two must not have had enough rum...

Ok Pam, I'm all caught up on the dock dogs and the snakes and such. Carry on when ready!

I'm ready! Even added some minor pood forn just for you.

So, did you give up on this TR, Pam?

That's sad if you did.

It had a lot of promise.

For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these "it might have been."

-John Greenleaf Whittier, "Maud Muller" (1856)

TCD

Haven't given up yet. I just got caught by life and too many expectations/responsibilities here at home. Whittier is great but I've always seen him as a glass half-empty sort of guy. I like the words "it still could be". Time to get this show on the road. One thing's for sure, I could never do the quantity & quality that you manage to make look so easy. I honestly don't know how you do it but am very grateful you and all the other TR-writing fiends do. This stuff takes time. and rum.

I'm hoping for more too!

Glad you're on board. There's a lot more here. We haven't even started the drive - or the whining that accompanies it yet.

Pam has been MIA but Starla has popped in a few times

I noticed that. Since Starla dearest has half the pics she could have added a few for us. but nooooo. It's all warcraft this and panda upgrade that these days...

remember that nice silver mug sitting on the mess tent's counter with our breakfast?

0623121640a.jpg

0623121641.jpg

Originally they told Starla it was good for the whole weekend but the next day when she took the mug in for a refill they made her pay all over again. Boo to you, Mr rootbeer truck guy

0624121432.jpg

These guys must have refilled their mugs at the rootbeer barrel truck too many times. Apparently they thought they were in a medieval war or something and kept fighting all weekend.

Then again, it could have been someone who bought a forever mug expressing their displeasure at being denied a refill. Fort IMs might want to take note of this to avoid a similair incident...

0624121432a.jpg0624121432b.jpg

fire trucks & medi-vac were on the scene just in case the rootbeer crazed knights manged to actually hit each other...

0624121433a.jpg

0624121433.jpg0624121301b.jpg