Can You Answer This Bus Question?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are stuck someplace and need a ride and I am on property, give me a call. I won't come and get you, but I will chat with you while you wait for your cab.

I just drank a bottle a vodka to understand this thread.

It started out as "Can you answer this bus question?", but Todd hijacked it and created a train wreck, so I changed the title to what it had become.

Could you catch the last bus to drop off from a park to boardwalk to your resort?

Possible, depends on the driver. Can not be counted on.

I'd call a taxi.

That's the best answer, but the question asks, is it possible by bus.

IMy GUESS is that I'd get a bus to Downtown and then switch to the appropriate resort bus. How'd I do?

Buses stop picking up for DTD at midnight.

Correction, boardwalk to DTD, maybe using one of the Boardwalk resorts then to resort.

There are no intentional resort to resort buses.

Yes, because of Jellyrolls, there are buses from the Boardwalk that get folks to where they need to go. It may be a multi resort ride and a transfer at DTD, but it is possible.

I waited until Carol answered and of course, she's correct.

A rule of thumb is that if WDW Transportation got you there, they will get you back one way or another as long, as long as it falls within the transportation operational hours. That's a very important point to remember. If you go beyond a certain time, you're on your own.

There is a perception that WDW buses go from everywhere to everywhere at all times. No they don't.

The BW shuttle is another of those little know shuttles. It operates at only certain times. I believe they usually assign only one bus unless there is a higher demand and that they have the buses. You also may have an extra long wait if you just missed the bus. It will more than likely make 3 or 4 stops, so unless you hit everything just right, between the wait and the ride, it potentially could take well over an hour to get to your resort.

Spring for a cab or drive yourself, if you can. It's not worth the aggravation.

If you are stuck someplace and need a ride and I am on property, give me a call. I won't come and get you, but I will chat with you while you wait for your cab.

Next question.

According to the published info, buses start running one hour before park opening.

You're staying at a WDW resort and you have an ADR at the Crystal Palace for 7:30am. You're too cheap to take a cab and you don't have a car. How do you get there on time if the buses don't start running until 8am?

Lou I have had A bus take me to me site at 3 am I have also had a white van take me to my stie around the same time

I know that happens sometimes, but my point is that it's not the general policy and shouldn't be expected.

I've worked at the GF front desk, GF Concierge, twice at the WL front desk, Yacht Club, and the Dolphin front desk, and am very familiar with what they do regarding any special late night transportation situations.

They will not and do not do that as a general rule. However If you get the right CM at the right time and are a PITA, which you are, and give them a sob story, which you probably did, they will do their best to get you back to your resort. But usually the response is, I can call you a cab. I've done both many times. I was never able to call a bus after buses stopped running for just one person though.

Years ago at the deluxe resorts, during the later hours when it was slow, some valets would offer to drive you, but they expected a substantial tip.

Unless a park is open extra late, buses stop running at 2am.

Todd, I've been through "Traditions" 5 times over the past 16 years, but tuned out after the first two times. What was the first thing they told us?

The bathroom is down the hall on the right.

Let's try this again. I posted this question before Todd butted in with his Disney life experiences.

According to the published info, buses start running one hour before park opening.

You're staying at a WDW resort and you have an ADR at the Crystal Palace for 7:30am.

You're not like Todd and will not harass the Front Desk staff into giving you a ride, but you are cheap like Todd and will not spring for a cab. You don't have a car. How do you get to the CP on time if the buses don't start running until 8am?