Can You Answer This Bus Question?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are stuck someplace and need a ride and I am on property, give me a call. I won't come and get you, but I will chat with you while you wait for your cab.

I just drank a bottle a vodka to understand this thread.

It started out as "Can you answer this bus question?", but Todd hijacked it and created a train wreck, so I changed the title to what it had become.

there is a bus information kiosk there at the TTC to get a schedule from.

Is that a yes for there being a TTC to AK schedule?

This thread is the funniest thing since Benny Lava.

My Lou-ney bus is fine, Benny Lava.

Minor bus engine made, Benny Lava!

How many beers have you had tonight Dave?

Are you on the right thread?

Well in that case, no schedule, you probably still get the line buses run approximately every 20 minutes yada yada

Strange as it may sound, the AK and DHS buses from TTC do run on a set schedule. See, just when you thought you had it figured out, you don't. And instead of the usual 20 minutes, it's about half that. It's the only park to park buses that do run a schedule.

So how come? The reason is that each route uses three dedicated buses and you don't want them running one right behind the other, so they have to have a schedule for each one to space them out evenly. The other park to park routes don't have dedicated buses. They use the general buses and the 20 minute max wait is the target.

Here's something that may come in handy if you're ever stranded at TTC after AK and DHS have closed. The DHS bus becomes a freelancer and will take you anywhere on property. Just tell the driver where you need to go.

Quick question. Is there a bus to Epcot from the TTC after the Epcot monorail stops running, to get silly guests that leave their car in the Epcot parking lot and shut down MK really late? Or is it the DHS "freelance" bus?

Yes there are buses that take over for the Epcot monorail. It's for people that have parked at Epcot and for those people that the dozens of outside buses drop off at Epcot.

There are buses that run from your hotel to the parks and TTC, which is the hub to everything.

The answer is no and no.

sorta. there are buses that run you to the parks.

But all the parks do as well, so TTC is no different.

But buses do NOT run you to the TTC from your hotel.

That is correct.

But actually DTD is the true transfer hub nowadays.

While you can use DTD as a transfer point, it's probably the worst place to do it. It should be used as a last resort.

Buses to resorts from DTD don't start running on a regular basis until late morning. If you use it before then, you'll get to your destination, but it will seem like it takes forever, and that's because it does.