The Tortoise & The Hare, Southern Style

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa, hold on, I think I may have to rethink this whole mud thing. I think I may have found something I like about it.

Is it harder to go slowly thru the mud pond than to have the power to blast your way thru?

Yes, Most definitely! If you have enough speed, you can sort of skim across the top and avoid the deep muck.

Even Norman's truck doesn't do so well putting around. It wants to go fast!

Stef-

Thanks for a fun report.

It has been like hearing about someone's visit to a foreign country for me.

That video of the tortoise and the hare is great! That Wired truck is amazing.

I hope you go with Nate in October so we get another one of these reports.

TCD

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Like I said before, it ain't for everyone, but we have a blast.

WIRED is amazing! Since I learned how well my microphone picks up my voice, I tried very hard to stay quiet and just shake my head. When I stopped recording, I looked at Trevor and said "He's bat sh*t crazy, and I LIKE it!" ;D

Looks like a fun outing!!!! Not sure I wanna get THAT dirty, but would love to try something like that!

Level of dirtyness is a toss up. If you don't bury the truck like Nate did, you end up with some gnarly splatter. You see I wasn't too bad off, and I didn't even shower with the kids.

I think you might have a good boy in that Nate.....

Thanks Nicki, he is a good boy. I often wonder how I raised such a considerate young man. He goes above and beyond what I would ever do. Must get that from his father. ;)

Fun following along Stef. Nice to see a family who loves to play together.

Thanks for following Judy. We do love to play together!!

I can be a counter weight!!!! :clint:

:yourekillinme: :rotfl5: That's the funniest stuff I've heard all day!!

Another great weekend and mud. But darn I wanted to go through the big shower again!! Nate is a sweetheart, it's no wonder everybody wants him around!! Will we be having another mud outing soon?

Thanks doodle. You know I love me some Nate :heart:

It looks like another mud weekend is in the works. I can't send Nate into enemy territory alone. :clint:

Is this the only pic we get of the Toyota??

Sorry TJ, I was riding most of the time so I didn't get many pics. I did take a video, so here is a screen cap just for you!

Untitled00027-25.jpg

He was always prepared! Awesome!

Yes he was. I'm always the one saying "Why are you bringing that? Do we really need this too?"

Turns out, they know best.

I needed to add a couple pics. I told ya'll it's been a rough month and my brain sometimes short circuits.

This was another pretty big Ford that came in. Did pretty well, nothing real fancy or over worked.

OceanPondSept2012054.jpg

OceanPondSept2012055.jpg

OceanPondSept2012057.jpg

And my most exciting part of the day....

I was riding with Nate, videotaping through a ziploc baggie (to protect my camera) when he stopped and hopped out. I figured he was locking or unlocking the hubs or getting his window squeegee, so we could see.

NOPE! He moves the seat and says "Scoot over Mom"

:blink: Huh? you want me to drive?

He took the camera, but was so busy talking me through (and bouncing all over) he mainly videotaped my feet. When we stopped he said "Well, I just screwed that whole video up"

But here is proof that I drove the Bronco out of the hole!

Untitled00011-07.jpg

Only problem I had was.....go ahead, laugh away.....I need a pillow or something so I can reach the pedals. :hah:

I know, I know, I know how to fix you up.

Get the men to Steferize a Power Wheels from Wally World!

You could get mator, add purple, some mud tires, a great big shaft, poles, but don't forget the right torque or converter.

:clint:

Is Nate running a modified transfer case that is always in 4wd? I don't see a lever and was wondering why he didn't lock in on dry land if it were a normal Hi/Lo 4wd and 2wd t-case.

Wow- I can't believe I was thinking the same thing!

J/K I have no idea what you're talking about. But, I think it's cool that you are in to the same stuff Stef and her family are.

AND, I will be really impressed if Stef answers this question.

TCD

Is Nate running a modified transfer case that is always in 4wd? I don't see a lever and was wondering why he didn't lock in on dry land if it were a normal Hi/Lo 4wd and 2wd t-case.

I'm gonna turn to the expert for this question.....

Nate's running a stock transfer case that used to be an electric shift so he leaves it in 4 low, that's why there's no lever, he just uses the hubs to lock it in & out.

Wow- I can't believe I was thinking the same thing!

J/K I have no idea what you're talking about. But, I think it's cool that you are in to the same stuff Stef and her family are.

AND, I will be really impressed if Stef answers this question.

TCD

:rotfl6: That's funny!

In all honesty, I never questioned why there wasn't a lever! I even went back and looked at the picture.

That darn IDWD is like a hawk, and I like it! It keeps me on my toes.

(And that folks, is the best way to learn Geareeze. Now if anyone ever asks me that question again, I'll know the answer and they'll be fooled into thinking I'm smart :hah: )

I have spent some time at The Redneck Yacht Club and all I can say the place were you go is a much nicer environment. We went as a guys only a couple of times. My camper another's toys. Let's just say I am not old or a prude but there is stuff going on there that made me cringe. The 4 wheelers and sitting around a fire were a blast. Nothing like seeing just how close to the edge of getting stuck you can get. Looks like you guys had so much fun!

I have spent some time at The Redneck Yacht Club and all I can say the place were you go is a much nicer environment. We went as a guys only a couple of times. My camper another's toys. Let's just say I am not old or a prude but there is stuff going on there that made me cringe. The 4 wheelers and sitting around a fire were a blast. Nothing like seeing just how close to the edge of getting stuck you can get. Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Thanks, we did have fun!!

I'm so glad you told me this. We have been thisclose to going to RYC, but I thought it looked a little crazy, and not family orientated. ;)

I'm all for having a good time, but I don't want to be in the midst of chaos. I can't afford the bail or the assault charges.

I don't always like a lot of rules, but sometimes they're for good reason.

Thanks for the heads up!

Great report, Stef! After seeing the video, I can't wait to actually meet you.

Thanks Brent and right back atcha ya!

Great report Stef!

And it's pretty cool that Nate won over those Lake County jerks boys. But are they impressed by his abilities in the mud and his preparedness with tools...or do they like the fact that he hangs out with all the good looking girls?

Welcome back Dave! We missed you.

Thanks for reading and to answer your question, both. :))

Oh my ! I am absolutely convinced I was born in the south and kidnapped at birth.. That looks like a completely great way to spend a day and/or weekend ! The video was a blast and I watched all 6:28 twice.... I always said that Ford Broncos and Bronco II 's were indestructible. I would be laughing hysterically going through that mud like a mad man... On the serious side... I imagine that we're looking at a considerable investment... Heck I would probably faint at the price of the tires alone.... But it does look so worth it.... Thanks for sharing... and I am jealous... :laugh:

Oh my ! I am absolutely convinced I was born in the south and kidnapped at birth.. That looks like a completely great way to spend a day and/or weekend ! The video was a blast and I watched all 6:28 twice.... I always said that Ford Broncos and Bronco II 's were indestructible. I would be laughing hysterically going through that mud like a mad man... On the serious side... I imagine that we're looking at a considerable investment... Heck I would probably faint at the price of the tires alone.... But it does look so worth it.... Thanks for sharing... and I am jealous... :laugh:

Oh, I'm so glad that you enjoyed it!

You are correct, that Bronco II is incredible. No one ever believes that it's a stock 2.9 v6 motor in it with God only knows how many miles on it, and it just keeps going.

And yes, you would laugh like a madman in the mud. We all do! It's just so "wrong" that it feels right. ^-^

Nate really doesn't have a ton of money in his truck, he has done a little at a time, and done a lot of bartering & trading. The big trucks like Norman's? Yes, we're talking close to $100,000 in those types. Way over my budget!

Thanks for reading!

Late to the mud slinging party but once again the TR was very enjoyable.

Nate seems like a good young man....you and Trevor did a great job there!

I cant wait for your next TR! Always fun and entertaining Stef.

Better late than never!

Thanks a bunch, I'll have a Fort TR in a couple weeks that will include Genia & Lil Lisa.

*Rated PG, adult supervision required. :))

Thanks a bunch, I'll have a Fort TR in a couple weeks that will include Genia & Lil Lisa.

*Rated PG, adult supervision required. :))

Uh, I just reviewed Disney PG Movies.

So my trip will rank with:

High School Musical 3: Senior Year

Race to Witch Mountain

Alice In Wonderland

???

Uh, OK!