Be Our Guest Restaurant to Serve Beer and Wine!

I thought this one deserved its own thread as it's pretty big change for the Magic Kingdom!

From the Disney Food Blog...

News! Be Our Guest Restaurant to Serve Beer and Wine in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom

Sep 13th, 2012 by AJ.

Interesting news coming out of the Magic Kingdom today about Be Our Guest Restaurant!

BeOurGuest-300x167.jpg

Be Our Guest Restaurant

Sadly, I’m on vacation (yay!) and couldn’t be at the Be Our Guest Restaurant Media Event happening right now (boo!); but thanks to social media we’re getting great info to share with you!

Magic Kingdom Park No Longer “Dry”

According to several of our friends at the event, the big news is that Disney’s Magic Kingdom will now be serving alcohol for the first time ever.

Located in a *formerly* “dry” park where no alcohol was served (based on Walt’s wishes for Disneyland Park, where alcohol is only served at the private Club 33), Be Our Guest Restaurant will be serving alcoholic beer and wine for their guests.

According to Stuart McGuire, Beverage Director, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, “As part of the overall theming, we wanted to offer wine that enhances the guest experience and complements the French-inspired cuisine.”

Be Our Guest Restaurant Wine Menu

“The wines focus primarily on France’s famous wine-growing regions, including Champagne, Alsace, Loire, Rhone, Burgundy and Bordeaux,” says McGuire. Check out the full Be Our Guest Restaurant Wine and Beer Menu.

Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-Wine-Menu-600x348.jpg

Be Our Guest Restaurant Wine Menu -- click for larger image

Be Our Guest Beer Menu

According to McGuire, “We’ll also offer the leading French beer, Kronenbourg 1664. And, staying in the general region, we’ll also offer Belgian beers.” We love that they’ll have some Chimay there!

Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-Beer-Menu.jpg

Be Our Guest Restaurant Beer Menu -- click for larger image

Again, here’s the full Be Our Guest Restaurant Wine and Beer Menu.

However, beer and wine will only be available inside the restaurant and at the table-service dinner only (not at counter-service lunch). Guests will not be able to get “to-go” cups of the stuff. icon_wink.gif

More to come!! Stay tuned as we update this post throughout the day with more info!

How do you feel about the Magic Kingdom serving alcohol? Is this going against Walt’s wishes, or is it time for a change? Let us know in the comments below!

http://www.disneyfoo...-magic-kingdom/

More info on the Be Our Guest restaurant here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6839-new-be-our-guest-restaurant-menu-and-reservation-news/

I have to say that I am rather disappointed with this decision. I am not against anyone drinking on vacation, but I always thought it was nice that there was no alcohol at the MK because I feel it is a more child oriented park. Money talks I guess.

As I stated in another post, I'm anti MK alcohol.

And honestly, how well will this place go over? If I'm taking my kids to MK, would they really want a fancy sit down dinner? While there are rides, parades and other things to keep me entertained.

Once again, Disney is committing a major cultural error and the dimwits can't seem to see it. Is this supposed to be located in Belgium or France? I know geographically they are adjacent countries, but you don't see Canada and the US being blended in World Showcase, now, do you? But what do I expect. After all, these are the same geniuses who can't decide if Pinocchio took place in Italy or Germany. I used to think the imagineers were real sticklers for detail. Now, not so much.