We will arrive at the Fort on my son's birthday. Since he'll be 4, birthday=cake. Our friends that we rarely get to see will be driving from south FL to join us, and we're all going to Mickey's Backyard BBQ that night. Our RV fridge isn't big (and Easter is the next day), so bringing a cake with us isn't an option. I also don't want to ask my friends to pick one up because they're driving pretty far to see us and preparing their Easter dinner in advance to give my son a special birthday with his buddy. So this is what I see as my options:

1) Pick up a cake the day we arrive. This isn't a very attractive option to me because we're already arriving, setting up, greeting our friends, doing Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and celebrating Zachary's birthday. That's a lot to add something to.

2) Order a cake from Disney. I found a Mickey head one for I think $45. Yep, that's expensive, and I'm figuring it's about $20 more than I'd pay at Publix. That said, I think it's worth $20 to not add another task to an already busy day.

So my question is, am I missing an option? I know there are delivery services, but with a delivery charge and tip, it's probably a wash with the Disney cake, right?

We did the $45 Mickey head cake from the Boardwalk bakery one year for a birthday. Expensive, but my daughter remembers that cake to this day and talks about it now and then. She doens't remember any cakes we've ever gotten from Publix. If you can get it delivered to Trails End like Jen says, do it. You have enough to coordinate that day as it is.

Or a box.

I'm considering this an offer, so you and the box are plan B. :jumpforjoy

We ordered a cake from Disney last year and paid around that much. We picked it up at Trails End and it was really good. If you don't want the hassle, order it.

We did the $45 Mickey head cake from the Boardwalk bakery one year for a birthday. Expensive, but my daughter remembers that cake to this day and talks about it now and then. She doens't remember any cakes we've ever gotten from Publix. If you can get it delivered to Trails End like Jen says, do it. You have enough to coordinate that day as it is.

Great to know about that cake, and I can have it delivered to the Fort and even think they will deliver it to the Backyard BBQ. It's sad, but with everything going on that day, it's worth it to pay extra.