Soft opening FOR FOOD AND WINE, JUST FOOD AND WINE

Anyone hear if they will have soft opening this year for the Food and Wine festival on Thursday?

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

I have heard yes.

And that pesky bus driver whom I'm sure you have already met would know for sure.

Traditionally, the Thursday before the official opening is the castmember preview. So, the place will be loaded with CM's, but still won't be as busy as Friday and Saturday of opening weekend. And, even though it's CM preview, the booths are open to the public. Disney is never one to turn away guests with cash in hand.

TCD

Thanks TCD!

Only for certain hours? Or normal World Showcase hours?

When I spoke to Lou Sunday he wasn't sure.

Maybe he is trying to give you the slip?

I don't know what the hours would be, but my guess is they would have it go during the normal World Showcase hours. They need to make sure everything is working properly before the official start, so I would guess they would want to run it all day.

I say you should plan to go stalk Epcot, just in case. 8)

Yes, go.

I would love to know if this is happening for sure. DD14 and I have plans to go on Friday but we can easily change it to tomorrow (love homeschooling!) we aren't going for the events just the food so we wouldn't miss anything. What hours do they do the soft opening usually?

See above, I don't know.

I'll bet Lou knows.

But maybe he doesn't want to tell?

Or he isn't allowed to?

TCD

Do you think the Marketplace in Future World would be open as well? I wanted to shop for some wines there that are hard to find. If not I can get them later when we go again.

I haven't heard about this.

I am going to guess yes, as they have to train those CM's too.

But that is only a guess.

I was hoping to swing a trip over to Epcot tomorrow night, but I am not going to be able to. I haven't been to the soft opening, but I have heard it's a good time, and way less crowded than Friday and Saturday will be this weekend.

If you go, please give us a report back.

TCD

I was there today, early-not too crowded at all. Did not get any food it was too HOT for this Wisconsin girl. How the heck do you guys drink beer when it is so dang hot here?!?

Just so you don't feel bad, we were there too and I did not have anything to drink other than water! It was HOT! We ate ourselves silly, but no alcohol.

Yep, I'm a wuss and most likely would DIE here in the summer unless I was hooked up to a defibrillator and maybe some oxygen... OR a nice Mickey bar....

Don't let the oxygen mask fool you. The air coming out of those things is warm. They put one on me during labor and I kept tearing it off to get some cool refreshing room air! LOL

Hope everyone going to F&W has a great time! :wine: :doublebeer: :SmileyMargarita1: (How come we have so many driniking smilies and no eating smilies??)