TRWCN - September 16-27, 2012

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great update! We always loved DQ when our boys were younger. It was great to be able to try all those games and not be losing $ on each one if you stink.

Love the then & now photo pictures. I never did that & wow you can really see how quickly they change. We love the Lego store too!

Cute photo of Ali from the animation class. Did you stage that photo afterward or was the class empty? It used to always be so busy. We have done the animation thing at both DQ and DHS and yes it is different in several ways. At DQ you have that electronic pad & pen where at DHS you have a real piece of paper and pencil. And yes they charge you to buy the print out at DQ but you get to keep the drawing at DHS for free. You definitely should try it at DHS next time. It was always one of our favorite activities. Well I can't draw a circle, but I enjoyed watching my boys draw and they always wanted to do it.

Will look forward to the next update. I've never been to CBR.

Great photos!

We have only been to Disney Quest a few times, and we never did the animation class there. I didn't realize they try to sell you your own drawing. At DHS, you draw on the paper they provide, and you get to keep your drawing. So, you are right about it being different.

You are right about how nice it is to not have to worry about tokens in DQ. I'm glad both of your children had a good time there. Do they still have the Pirates of the Carribbean game down on the first level? The last time we were there, it was new, and I wonder if it is still around.

TCD

Thanks! I think the Pirates ride is still there, but we missed it. We left that day with every intention of going back, but never actually made it.

Great TR so far Misty! The autotrain looks so cool! We're only about 14 hours to WDW so I don't know that it would be worth it but what a great experience! :waycool:

Thank you. The Auto train is awesome, but it's a 17 hour ride so probably not the best choice for you. :laugh:

Great update! We always loved DQ when our boys were younger. It was great to be able to try all those games and not be losing $ on each one if you stink.

Love the then & now photo pictures. I never did that & wow you can really see how quickly they change. We love the Lego store too!

Cute photo of Ali from the animation class. Did you stage that photo afterward or was the class empty? It used to always be so busy. We have done the animation thing at both DQ and DHS and yes it is different in several ways. At DQ you have that electronic pad & pen where at DHS you have a real piece of paper and pencil. And yes they charge you to buy the print out at DQ but you get to keep the drawing at DHS for free. You definitely should try it at DHS next time. It was always one of our favorite activities. Well I can't draw a circle, but I enjoyed watching my boys draw and they always wanted to do it.

Will look forward to the next update. I've never been to CBR.

Ali and I were the only ones at that class. It was crazy. I remember when I went years ago, we had to wait around till one class ended and then try to grab a seat for the next one.

After getting back to the resort, we chilled in the room for a bit and then decided to take a walk up to Old Port Royale, which is the main hub of CBR and where the food court is. We didn't have any reservations for Sunday so we were just going to chow down there.

CBR is split into several "villages". Ours was the Bahamas and was one of the farthest ones from Old Port Royale. But it was a pretty walk so we didn't mind.

The view from our beach looking toward OPR.

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

Looking back toward the Bahamas. That's building 12. We were building 11.

IMG_2447.jpg

Enjoying the walk.

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2452.jpg

Old Port Royale

IMG_2456.jpg

Clowning around in the store

IMG_2458.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

We got our mugs (part of the dining plan now) and our food. The food court isn't the greatest, but it fit the bill for the night.

I had agreed before we left home that Vaughn could have 1/2 hour each night to check work stuff to make sure nothing had blown up in his absence so I left him to that and the kids and I went for a swim. That pool at CBR is super nice....zero entry, two slides, and it's very roomy. They also show a movie every night on a big blow up screen right next to the pool but we never stayed to watch.

Up next...

MAGIC KINGDOM!!

man the holding hand pic is just too sweet....

Or Dad and kids

Or Dad and son.....

I also love the first one with Ali on her tip-toes. I've been know to do that a time or two. :))

Great job on the pictures Misty!

man the holding hand pic is just too sweet....

Or Dad and kids

Or Dad and son.....

I also love the first one with Ali on her tip-toes. I've been know to do that a time or two. :))

Great job on the pictures Misty!

Great photos that I'm betting will be some favorites in a few years. Enjoyed seeing the resort areas too.

Very cool!!

Love the hand-holding pic!

Cute kids, cute family, great report! Can't wait for more!!

Thanks everyone! The kids have their moments, but usually they get along great. :heartsmiley:

OK, on to the Magic Kingdom.

We got up bright and early with the intention of getting there for rope drop. We almost made it. But my goal with this trip was to make it as non hurried as possible. We hit the bus stop and within 3 minutes, a MK bus pulled up. Luckily, Barbados was the last stop that morning so we were on our way within minutes.

We got there in time to see the end of the show.

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

I have a picture of the kids from last time sitting on this wall, but this morning it was soaking wet so we opted for standing.

IMG_2478.jpg

I learned a lesson on this first day of park touring...flat ironing your hair in Florida's humidity is a waste of time. So frizz head it is.

IMG_2480.jpg

SO purty

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

We found Goofy!

IMG_2487.jpg

First mission of the day was to get Ear hats!!

We love Beaker! If I thought there was even a chance of Wil wearing this anywhere other than Disney World, I'd have bought it in a hot minute!

IMG_2488.jpg

We settled on R2-D2 and Minnie ears.

IMG_2491.jpg

That R2-D2 hat got Wil a ton of attention the rest of the trip!

We caught a little of the street show.

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2493.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

Up next...

heading to the castle!

So we were walking right down the middle of Main Street USA when I saw an old friend...

IMG_2503.jpg

On our very first trip to Disney World, my sister and I (ages 4 and 5 at the time) had our pictures taken beside the Indian Chief. Then again when we were in high school and again in 2008. So I posed with the Chief and emailed the pic back to my sister to show her what she was missing.

Then, of course, my kids got in on the action.

IMG_2506.jpg

More holding hands (although I think I may have staged this one)

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

You can see those dog-gone cranes were hanging out there above the castle but otherwise, I love this picture.

IMG_2512.jpg

My babies...

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

There was a lot of discussion before we left home about what our first ride was going to be when we got there. Last time it was firmly decided that Haunted Mansion was top on our list. This time we were all over the board. So we started wandering and ended up in front of Hall of Presidents right when a show was about to start. We had been giving a hard time before leaving about HoP. He loves it and the last time we were there it was closed ( I assume it was because they were switching from GW to Obama ). I thought the kids would be completely bored and honestly I could take it or leave it. But there we were. So we headed in for our first official Disney attraction of our 2012 trip.

After that, the natural progression was on to Haunted Mansion. We went thru the new que which is majorly cool! Unfortunately, the camera setting was all messed up and the photos didn't turn out.

We headed into the stretching room, which for some reason really freaked Ali out this time. When the lights came on for us to proceed to the Doom Buggies she turned and looked up at me and said "wow...that totally scared the nuggets out of me!"

Up next...

evidence of a weapons malfunction

a royal meeting

I was brave this trip...I rode the Teacups! Spiny rides didn't used to bother me, but I guess I'm old now cause I tend to get a little green around the gills after riding.

I did ok this trip though. The kids have no problems.

IMG_2559.jpg

Then it was on to Buzz Lightyear. I LOVE this ride, but clearly this time there was something wrong with my gun....Wil was kicking my behind. Unlike the TCD gang, I obviously had no idea where they take your picture because I would never have let myself get caught like this...

603214_10151086855644370_1881439600_n_zpsae2f52ae.jpg

We had the Photopass plus so all the ride pics were included. When I went to get my download, the castmember said "did you know how to use your gun, because your face says no." Busted.

IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

It was hotter than blue blazes out so we stopped to grab some ice cream.

I love Ali's face in this pic...she looks like "I'm gonna eat you ice cream!"

IMG_2567.jpg

We next stumbled upon the Merida meet and greet line. On our last visit to WDW, Ali was a Make a Wish kid and had a "magic button" that got her to the front of lines. I didn't miss it on this trip for the rides, but we missed it when it came to character meetings. Ali still LOVES to get their autographs, but we didn't like waiting in lines. However...Merida is Ali's first official favorite princess so we hopped in line for this one!

Wil tried his hand at archery.

IMG_2575.jpg

Getting closer...

IMG_2577.jpg

Here we go

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2583.jpg

Ali was over the moon!!

At some point we headed over to Carousel of Progress and discovered that a member of our family is famous.

Here's Rover

rover_zps628c09f9.jpg

who's a dead ringer for my sweet Jedi

268055_10150235739064370_4760058_n_zps89a218f8.jpg

How about that! I think we're owed some royalties! :rofl2:

We finished off most of the other rides we wanted to hit, but knew that we'd be back on Friday so we didn't push it. Then it was off to catch a monorail to dinner.

IMG_2627.jpg

Up next:

O'hana!

Loving it!

If you've ever wondered why my hair is always tied up, it's because it's curly, and I live in Florida.

The plus side is that it's only really humid about 332 days a year.

I love the Buzz photopass pic. You look so clueless! :hah:

Great update!

All of your MK photos are great!

Good job!

You are a good sport, too. You didn't need to post your Buzz photo showing you not knowing how to shoot. But you did. And it's a gem!

Good for you for waiting on line to let Ali meet Merida. That is a fun meet and greet.

Jedi does look like Rover! I like the name Jedi better.

TCD

Thanks TCD.

I'm very good at laughing at myself...and I give myself lots of opportunities to laugh. Wait till you see the rest of my ride photos. They get funnier!

Jedi looks like a sweetie. Our dog is named Jedi as well.

DSC00898.jpg

Another Jedi!! What a cutie yours is!

I just love the happy faces of the kids! I agree with TCD, you were a good sport to post the Buzz pic! I loved it too!

Thanks Rita...stick around...the ride photos just get more ridiculous thanks to yours truly.

Your kids are sooo cute. I have a soft spot for little redheaded girls. They just make me smile. She and Merida look so good together.

speaking of which Merida has a teeny tiny waist.... so jealous.

I know, right?! I could have put one of my hands all the way around her waist! But then I probably would have been ejected from the park.

Great update!!

I can't do the Tea cups, never could. You are a brave woman!!

I didn't do the Teacups last time because my sister was with us. No crazy aunt along this time so I had to suck it up. I did better than I thought I would.

Can't wait to see more!! MK in the fall is so pretty!!

I love the decorations for fall. They do a great job.

Enjoyed the update. The smiles are priceless.

Why thank you!

Loving it!

If you've ever wondered why my hair is always tied up, it's because it's curly, and I live in Florida.

The plus side is that it's only really humid about 332 days a year.

I love the Buzz photopass pic. You look so clueless! :hah:

Great update!

I genuinely thought there must be something wrong with my gun! I don' t know what I thought I was going to do about it, but I was looking for obstructions. :rofl3:

Enjoying the TR Misty!

It was great to meet you!!!!!

Let's GO STEELERS!!!!

I loved meeting you too lady! Tony clearly has good taste in women and sports teams!!