TRWCN - September 16-27, 2012

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how to just quote on one particular pic and didn't want to quote your whole post but even after losing 36 pounds I couldn't fit in the jail cell with Zurg. They need to spread those bars out further damn it because I want my pic with him and not standing outside of it either. I call discrimination.

You are a very good photographer!

There are some really great photos of your kids. I love the candid ones- like your son reading the map and your daughter resting her head on the table.

Great stuff!

TCD

Wow! Who's the photographer??

IMG_2758.jpg

Whoever it is has some serious ability. This must have been taken with a very fast shutter and a telephoto lens? What kind of camera?

Excellent composition on all these. I'm jealous.

Thanks guys! I admit - a lot of these pictures are taken by my husband....and he's got an advantage. He's a photographer. I try to take my fair share (the one of Ali at the table is me, but the one of Ali on the slide is Vaughn's handiwork.)

The camera is a Cannon, but I'm not sure what kind.

I'm not sure how to just quote on one particular pic and didn't want to quote your whole post but even after losing 36 pounds I couldn't fit in the jail cell with Zurg. They need to spread those bars out further damn it because I want my pic with him and not standing outside of it either. I call discrimination.

HAHA! Let me tell you...those bars were a tight squeeze for me! I think the castmember offered to take our picture just to see if I could smoosh my fat behind in there. But we got the picture, so it was worth it.

What the heck has taken me so long to find this report?? I am loving this! And unfortunately for you, Misty, I am going to drag you back two weeks with a couple of comments.

First, thank you for posting about the Auto Train. I rode it as a kid in the 70's and you have brought back memories.

Second, your kids are adorable.

Third, Ohhhh-HANA! I agree with you on the wings and potstickers. Could make a meal out of those.

Fourth, I LOVE EE!

Fifth, I have to admit that I had trouble scrolling through your pictures of AK. I was sure you were going to spring Devine on me. Very happy she didn't make an appearance.

Ok...carry on!

What the heck has taken me so long to find this report?? I am loving this! And unfortunately for you, Misty, I am going to drag you back two weeks with a couple of comments.

First, thank you for posting about the Auto Train. I rode it as a kid in the 70's and you have brought back memories.

Second, your kids are adorable.

Third, Ohhhh-HANA! I agree with you on the wings and potstickers. Could make a meal out of those.

Fourth, I LOVE EE!

Fifth, I have to admit that I had trouble scrolling through your pictures of AK. I was sure you were going to spring Devine on me. Very happy she didn't make an appearance.

Ok...carry on!

Hahaha...glad to have you on board Dave!

I will admit, we did try to find DeVine, but never did. I've never actually seen her in person.

Me thinks Dave secretly loves DeVine, but doesn't want to let INC know :)

So here we are in front of The Seas with Nemo and Friends (which I still call the Living Seas) and we are up to my favorite (and I think final) recreation photo.

100_4282.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

We stood the for what felt like forever waiting for those stupid birds to start screaming "MINE".

IMG_2784.jpg

And of course, the kids were swallowed whole by Bruce.

IMG_2811.jpg

We checked out Journey into Imagination. At the end, we played around on the computers and tried to make our own Figments. Wil's was emailed to us, however, Ali and I picked a computer that was in another language. I thought I'd be able to fake my way thru it, but we never did get her email. Fail.

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

Then it was another first for everyone. Captain EO!

Here's Wil doing his best Michael Jackson impression.

IMG_2818.jpg

Captain EO was very interesting. I thought the preshow, with all the behind the scenes stuff was great. The actual movie was every Michael Jackson cliche rolled into one. It was almost like someone was doing an impersonation of MJ. I enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed making snarky comments about it more.

I saw a really cute EPCOT shirt that I wanted to get so I headed back to get it while my kids got soaked.

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

We finished off our day by walking over to the International Gateway and heading to Cape May Cafe for the seafood buffet. All you can eat crab legs. Need I say more? And my kids and I can put away the crab legs.

When I first planned this trip, I booked the Beach Club. It really is pretty over there and I would like to stay there one day.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

DINNER!!!

IMG_2853.jpg

And Dessert...

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

I have no idea how I posted that picture of me and the kids twice. Oh well.

Here's a few final pictures of Beach Club.

IMG_2855.jpg

IMG_2856.jpg

Doing their best impression of the Phineas and Ferb topiary.

IMG_2867.jpg

We strolled around without any major purpose at this point. It was only about 8:30 and the park was open until midnight, but the kids were already slowing down.

We made a stop in Club Cool so I could get them to try Beverly.

IMG_2872.jpg

Do not let this picture fool you. Ali did NOT actually drink the drink. She pretended to take a sip, while watching Wil drink it and then when she saw his reaction, she acted like she tasted it and was disgusted.

Ali was big enough for Mission Space this time so we did the green side.

IMG_2876.jpg

We caught some of the fireworks.

IMG_2877.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

Our final ride of the night was Spaceship Earth.

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

spaceshipearth_zpse1a2dba3.jpg

We made a foolish mistake on the way out. We were leaving right after the fireworks were over. I guess I thought with the EMH more people would be staying. Wrong! We got out to the bus stop and waited. And waited. And waited some more. It was the only time we really had to wait for a bus. Of course, after that, Vaughn drove to most of the other parks, but still.

Up next...

Hollywood Studios

So here we are in front of The Seas with Nemo and Friends (which I still call the Living Seas) and we are up to my favorite (and I think final) recreation photo.

100_4282.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg]

Aside from this being a totally awesome TR, you've inspired me. I MUST get some of these then/now pics with my family (although I don't think I can fit into any of my shirts from the early 2000's)

Vaughn takes great photos!! Do you think I could borrow him for my next trip? :)

My favorite is the one of you and the kids in front of the Beach Club. :heart: I enjoyed it both times!

Kudos to Wil for his MJ impression! Great job.

Aside from this being a totally awesome TR, you've inspired me. I MUST get some of these then/now pics with my family (although I don't think I can fit into any of my shirts from the early 2000's)

I like the before and now pics! Great idea!

It's a lot of fun to look back and see how they've changed. Also a little sad.

Vaughn takes great photos!! Do you think I could borrow him for my next trip? :)

My favorite is the one of you and the kids in front of the Beach Club. :heart: I enjoyed it both times!

Kudos to Wil for his MJ impression! Great job.

As long as I get to come along, he's all yours! :rofl3:

We're ready for our close ups!!

IMG_2899.jpg

We love Hollywood Studios. (And yes, I still slip sometimes and call it MGM).

IMG_2902.jpg

We got to Hollywood Studios bright and early. Not quite rope drop, but close enough. We, of course, headed straight to Toy Story Mania. The last time we were here, we had the Make a Wish button and were whisked thru TSM. I had read so many horror stories about the line and fastpasses being gone first thing in the morning.

When we got there, the stand by line said 25 minutes so we got in line. So far during our trip the signs had been wrong and our waits had been far shorter than the stated time. Our luck held and we made it thru in no time.

IMG_2907.jpg

And I lied...here's another then/now shot.

Copyof100_4344.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

As soon as we got off, we grabbed Fast Passes so we could come ride again later. Yes, these were our first ever Fast Passes. It was very exciting. LOL!

After that we hit the Great Movie Ride and then went over to the Indiana Jones show where...wait for it...I was chosen as an extra!!!

IMG_2914.jpg

We were sitting semi-close to the front and when they asked for volunteers, we told Wil to put his hand up. Then she told us you had to be 18 years old. Since I just had my 18th birthday ( :rofl2: ) Wil begged me to put my hand up. I did...never thinking I'd actually get picked. Lo and behold, she spotted me and called me down. I was chosen to be a "laugher". I had to laugh like crazy when they gave me the mic. This all becomes especially funny because back when my family when to Disney when I was just graduating high school, I was also picked to be an extra for Indy...and I was also a laugher back then.

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

My kids were so impressed!

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you have never attended the Indiana show, don't read this next part.

So, if you've seen the show, you know that one of the "extras" from the audience is actually a stuntman. When they separated us into groups, they put me and one other lady with the guy who was the plant. I had picked him out immediately when they "picked" him. So when they came to get him for their little combat demo and Marian starts hitting him, the lady next to me is gasping and muttering to herself. Finally, right has Marian hits the guy so hard that he does a backflip, the lady looks at me and says "Geez! I hope he's with the show!" Duh lady, duh. :rofl2:

Up next..

Faulty elevators and rebel spies.

Don't worry about the MGM slip I still do that also, heck we even have tickets from when they were buiding the park that say MGM on them.

Glad I'm not the only one!

Congrats on turning 18! You're a big girl now! :))

I think it was the Merida hair that got you picked. Plus, you're a good laugher.

Yes, I'm all legal now. :rofl2:

Onward Disney Soldiers...

I had finished my starring role in the Indiana Stunt Spectacular and headed here

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

Don't let the faces fool you. Those kids LOVE thrill rides. All of them. This was to be yet another first for Ali. And another ride I curse myself for riding while I'm waiting in line. I have fun on these rides, don't get me wrong, but the anticipation kills me.

Here's our ride photo:

ToT_zps428f7ef9.jpg

This one cracks me up. We're in the back row...all of us screaming. Except Ali who looks to be having the time of her life. But check out some of the other people in the car with us. Like the older lady in the second row on the right. And the two kids clinging to their mom's arms in the front. Good stuff.

We wound around to have lunch at the ABC Commissary which wasn't too bad and then jumped onto a speeder and headed for Star Tours.

IMG_3092.jpg

Last time, this ride made Wil slightly sick, but we all enjoyed it this time. I like the update. None of us were picked as the Rebel Spy, but that didn't damper our ride at all.

Wil decided he wanted to try out the Build a Droid. Man those things are tiny.

IMG_3102.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

In 2008, we had missed doing the backstage tour so we tried that out too. It seems lamer than I remember. What happened to the Golden Girls house?

Then it was back out on to the mean streets

IMG_3155.jpg

We skipped the Lights Action Motor show. In 2008 Vaughn liked it so much that he took about 1000 pictures. If we put them all together like a flip book, it's like being there all over again so we took a pass this time.

But we couldn't miss out on the Muppets!

IMG_3159.jpg

We came out of Muppet Vision and happened upon two of our favorite guys...

IMG_3180.jpg

There was a little bit of a line, but I have to hand it to Disney...they had all kinds of fun stuff going on in this line so that it was half the fun! They tossed hula hoops and Wil got picked to dance. It was great.

Next up...

Mad props to TCD for a Hollywood Studios tip.

And Chef Mickey!!

During the day I had been trying to convince Wil to go on Rock n Roller Coaster with me. I know, I'm a big puss when it comes to alot of these rides, but I do ride them. And this was one that we had never ridden. When Vaughn and I were in Disney on our honeymoon in 1999, it had just opened and the lines were insane so we had skipped it. Then in 2008, both kids were too little so we skipped it. Well, I was bound and determined to ride this time. But Ali was still too small, so Vaughn and I each needed Wil to ride it with us. Somewhere along the way, Wil decided he didn't want to go on any rides that went upside down. Being the wonderful mother that I am, I badgered the kid until he agreed to ride with me. :rofl2:

While in line, several girls (they looked to be college age) heard me talking to Wil and turned around to try and get him pumped up. They were so sweet. One of them asked if he went on Tower of Terror and when he said yes, she told him that she was too afraid to ride that, but she loved RnRC and he would too. He felt better after talking to them.

They also tried to tell us where the camera is. Apparently, I forgot when I was hurtled thru space at Mach 8.

rnrc_zpsa701d471.jpg

Despite my ridiculous face in that picture, I really liked RnRC. And Wil did too. So much that he rode it another day with Vaughn.

We made our way back to Toy Story Mania. By this time it was getting close to 5 pm. I thought I remembered something from a TCD report about there being characters in the Art of Animation area around 5. So we stopped by to check.

Jackpot!!

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

Thank you TCD!! There was almost no wait, and the kids were thrilled to meet Frozone and Mr. Incredible. If we wanted to wait, Mrs. Incredible was coming out, but we had other plans so we split.

We were ready for some food! We had reservations at Chef Mickey.

IMG_3198.jpg

Ali had been waiting all week to see Pluto and we hadn't run into him yet. I couldn't remember if he was at Chef Mickey or not, but I was keeping my fingers crossed.

We had a great table with a pretty view. And pretty soon, the characters started coming around.

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

While Minnie was at our table, the mom at the table that Minnie had just left decided that she wasn't done with Minnie and kept calling her name while she was with my kids. Thankfully, Minnie paid no attention to her, but I was about to toss her out that pretty window so she could see the lake up close. Don't be trying to Mouse-jack Minnie when she's with my kids!! :rofl2:

FINALLY!!

IMG_3210.jpg

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3221.jpg

I guess you get the point. :rofl3:

IMG_3225.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

We had a great time at CM. The sundae bar was a big hit, but apparently, I forgot to take any pictures.

Up next...

Blizzard Beach

and a giant monkey wrench gets thrown into our plans.