TRWCN - September 16-27, 2012

What a great trip report!

I for one am glad that you got back to finish it up, because somehow I missed it when you started it back in Oct., so I've read through the whole thing today!

Can't wait for the rest.

(You didn't learn your golf cart driving skills at Slippery Rock campground by any chance? That's where my in-laws have a trailer and my kids learned their driving skills there.)

Go Pens!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, that is a great spot. I can see the Sleepy Hollow restaurant across the way, so I had a general idea where you were. I am going to look for this spot for a future parade. Vaughn is a great photographer!

TCD

Yep that's right where we were. You made Vaughn's day.

For parades we love standing in front of the hitching post right in front of the Christmas shop. It limits how many can press up behind you and you can get a great view for the parade. You can not see the fireworks from there though.

I'm not sure if you can see the fireworks from where we were either. We grabbed that spot after the fireworks were done. It was a perfect spot though. Right by an exit when it was all over too.

Did we talk about GKTW Misty?

Indeed we have Lou. Briefly. I know you and your wife got your 10 year angel pins. And I'll say it again...thanks!!

What a great trip report!

I for one am glad that you got back to finish it up, because somehow I missed it when you started it back in Oct., so I've read through the whole thing today!

Can't wait for the rest.

(You didn't learn your golf cart driving skills at Slippery Rock campground by any chance? That's where my in-laws have a trailer and my kids learned their driving skills there.)

Go Pens!!!

Go Pens indeed!! I have been to Slippery Rock campground, but only once and a million years ago. Growing up we had a permanent site at Plantation Park in Mercer, PA. We had a great green golf cart. Wish I still had it.

Glad you found me and are following along!

What an awesome photo of the headless horseman. I have to get there some Halloween.

I went at Halloween and at Christmas time. I think I might like Halloween better. As a side note, we saw the horse that he was riding earlier in the day in the Fort stables.

Great TR. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for coming back and finishing with me.

I think I am all out of photos, but we're at Wednesday afternoon and we went home on Thursday so we're almost done. But first I have to share my Fiend experiences.

I knew that Lisa and Stef were going to be at the Fort at the same time as me, so periodically I would go looping and see if I could find their sites. Actually, I think Lisa put her site # up on Facebook and I found her that way. Eventually I stumbled upon Stef's site as well. But everytime I drove by, there wasn't anyone around.

So Wednesday after we got back from GKTW, we hopped onto the golf cart and headed to refill our drinks when I saw a cart coming the other way and I instantly recognized Stef!! So of course I start waving like a lunatic and I could tell she had no earthly idea who the heck I was. But she waved back.

On our way back I saw that they had stopped at the dog run so Vaughn pulled the cart over so I could go meet her. Now, I have been called many things in my life, but shy was never one of them. But for some strange reason, I got all weird and shy and almost didn't get off the cart. But I sucked it up and started toward them. Stef saw me coming and came over and gave me a big hug. She said she realized after we drove away that it must be me. We were soon talking like old friends.

That night, we went back to the sing along and then the kids and I drove down to the beach to watch fireworks and the EWP. As I was standing on the beach, I heard my name and found Stef, Trevor, Lisa, Bruce, Genia and Tony all standing around. It was a Fiend-a-palooza!! It's amazing to me how comfortable I instantly was with everyone. I have a group of friends that I grew up with that we camp with and being around my Fiends was like being with those people. I fit right in. It's a nice feeling.

After hanging out and talking and laughing for a while, we parted ways. It was the perfect cap to a perfect trip.

The next morning, we packed up Tentzilla, I bought my Fort "get lost" t shirt and parked Kenny's cart where he told me to. Then it was back to the Auto train for the not-as-fun-as-the-ride-down trip.

So there you have it. I finally finished. It really was an incredible trip. I can't wait to get back to the Fort. The kids still talk about it and want to stay in a cabin next time. I think though that next up will be a Disney Cruise. But maybe we can squeak one night in at the Fort.

Thanks for sticking with me.

Love you all.

Woohoo!! You did it! Great job and thanks for sharing!

Great job!

Way to go!

It's good you finished your report, those last photos were some of your best.

Can't wait until the cruise TR!

TCD

Thanks guys! It was so fun to relive it all.

Wonderful trip report thanks for taking the time to do it and loved all your great photos. We will be stopping at Kennywood in mid July, we plan to stay 3 days at Fox Den Acres in New Stanton is it close to where you are?

• 4 weeks later...

Ali was Merida.

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

Up next...

Another day at EPCOT

Both of your children are cuties. Sorry your little boy got sick. Your little girl reminds me so much of the little red-headed girl on the movie Santa Clause (the one with Tim Allen) Loved your report!

Both of your children are cuties. Sorry your little boy got sick. Your little girl reminds me so much of the little red-headed girl on the movie Santa Clause (the one with Tim Allen) Loved your report!

Thank you! I don't think I've ever seen the Santa Clause, but now I'm curious. lol