The Dream Turned Into An Adventure

Dress Up Night & Fireworks - Will This Ship Evah Make Port?

I am not sure if I have mentioned this but the wind was too strong on deck 11 to have fireworks on Pirate Night so (with much negotiating by our Cruise Direct & the Captain... I think) we had a limited display on our last night. The powers that be decided to have this between the first and second seating. Did I mention this was dress up night? Do you know what that means? A few hundred people, Elevators, Heels & Stairs. They took place between our show and dinner. Thus I do believe somebody just wasn't thinking this one all the way through......

DSCN0449.JPG

The closest we'd been to the Aqua Duck in days, at least Donald was having fun on it-

DSCN0454.JPG

Maybe this picture will explain it -

DSCN0458.JPG

So I've decided to never cruise during a full moon that falls in Hurricane Season.

When we arrived up on deck we had a choice between good view of fireworks or good view of stage. We chose what we hoped would be fireworks.

DSCN0460.JPG

DSCN0465.JPG

DSCN0467.JPG

DSCN0469.JPG

DSCN0472.JPG

After that we headed down to the Royal Palace to have dinner. I wish I could show you 20 pictures of all the yummy food but I didn't even make it past the first two bites of salad. However, this is what I did find in our room upon my solo return -

DSCN0473.JPG

Is that suppose to be a crab or a coiled snake?

The kids and DH returned with these frogs made by Made (Mod A) our head server.

DSCN0475.JPG

I had packed after my non-lunch nap. All we needed was to go to sleep and wake up in Port Canaveral. Sounds easy right. Well we had to do some rearranging of beds and bed fellows. I was already laying down praying for some pixie dust to transport me directly to the Fort but DH and the kids were trying to get ready for bed. On deck 2 the ship was heaving Shawn around like he weighed a buck fifty less than he already does. There was no way one of our children could have stayed up on that top bunk that night. So everyone but me had to change beds. Move one down, one over to sleep with me, and one up to the top bunk. I can tell you that we made port between 3:30 and 4:30 as that's when I stopped waking up every time the boat heaved.

On the bright side, as we had not made a single port we did not have to worry about customs. We went up to breakfast and I FINALLY GOT TO EAT! Said goodbye to our serving team whom we loved (Made & Carlos).

I like to call this one "The Mad Dash To Freedom"

DSCN0485.JPG

And with that we are done. Our Dream Cruise became an Adventure. We did have fun. Just some of us more than others. Will I go again? Maybe but I will keep these two feet on Terra Firma for some time....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I feel really bad for you.

I've been on cruises with some rough weather, but nothing like you had, and never for the entire cruise.

TCD

It is what it is. Strangely the last time we tried traveling outside of the US of A it was a bit of an adventure too. We had massive flight delays coming and going. Shawn got Ecoli poisoning and sunburned (despite the 30 proof sunblock) bad and he broke out in hives. Our names didn't get put on the excursions list we paid for and it was our honeymoon during Spring Break Season in Cancun.

You had a rough time of it, Nicki. :hugs2: I can totally understand you need to think long and hard about cruising again but this made a very interesting TR. Plus you got to spend a lot of Fiend time once you got back on solid ground!

I am now waiting for the next update on your Fort TR!!

You had a rough time of it, Nicki. :hugs2: I can totally understand you need to think long and hard about cruising again but this made a very interesting TR. Plus you got to spend a lot of Fiend time once you got back on solid ground!

I am now waiting for the next update on your Fort TR!!

Off to DHS right now....TOT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...