The Dream Turned Into An Adventure

Since my attempt at a nap has failed but I do need to actually sit on my bum for a bit and rest....

We awoke to calm seas and one hangry stomach so we headed up to Deck 11 for some food. My attempt at pood forn -

I have to say that those tators were durn good and I went back for seconds but this would be the last time we had Cabanas for anything. We discovered that dining in the royal palace for breakfast was better for people with food allergies.

DSCN0248.JPG

DSCN0249.JPG

If you are allergic to eggs, they must bring you bacon cooked special and this was the only other thing he could have off the buffet that wasn't cereal or fruit.

DSCN0250.JPG

Shortly after breakfast they turned us away from the Keys toward Nassau and the seas got a bit choppy.

Now the boys headed off to the movie theater but the girl wanted to do one thing......guess what it was?

DSCN0261.JPG

Ariel is still scary... makeup or the hair? Although she was better than some...

DSCN0260.JPG

After the princesses all my girl wanted was to see the Oceaneers Lab (we had to go retrieve her before our show time she never asked to come back). So I dropped her off and headed up to enjoy a lounge chair and a book on the party deck. As I was getting on to the elevator some girls were getting off. One had somewhat wet hair so I asked if they had been on the Duck. "No, the wind is too high. It's closed and so is one of the pools."... hmmmmmm.

DSCN0288.JPG

Yes, folks that tube only had a smidge of condensation in it.

Apparently, if the wind gets above 39 mph or nautical somethings the ride gets... well, rough.

I snapped this picture before getting in my chair -

DSCN0278.JPG

I settled in to the chair. It was windy and my legs were cold so I got up and grabbed a towel. I sat back down covered up and the wind whipped my towel around. I anchored it real good and grabbed the book. The wind whipped the pages around and dumped my drink over. I decided to head back down and just wander the ship.

Random Character Pic -

DSCN0286.JPG

At some point I headed back up to Deck 11 and found this -

DSCN0291.JPG

That is right folks even the kiddy slide was closed.

More Sea Pics

DSCN0295.JPG

DSCN0296.JPG

DSCN0297.JPG

DSCN0299.JPG

I'll stop those now before I get sea sick all over again. For the next update... just how many people can we get into the atrium for a Party.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Aqua Duck was closed?

Boo!

This cruise is not going so great so far.

TCD

making the best... going with the flow or more accurately the rise and fall

Wow, those seas look nothing like they did on my cruise. Kinda cool though!

tis what it is.... was a bit painful since we'd watched the ships sail for 1.5 weeks in beauuuuutifulll weather but soky. we still had hope of at least one calm day

:barf: Ooh Nicki! Those seas would have had me in bed, praying for solid ground.

were you hiding in my stateroom and didn't tell me?

Ummm, note to self, NO CRUISES!!!

I plan on staying on solid ground for a year or two

At least not Aug-Oct. I was lucky.

pay for the non-hurricane season

Well it looks to me like Triton is emerging from the sea with painted toe nails and wearing flip flops

Just had to look up Triton because I'm not very up on my Greek gods. I thought of Poseidon because of his Adventure. Which now has made me remember the plot of that movie and now I'm even more nervous about going on a cruise. Ugh.

Years ago (could it really have been 1999??), I went on a cruise with some girlfriends. We went in early November to miss hurricane season and still get pre-holiday rates. Sailing from Port Canaveral toward Bahamas, we encountered some rough seas. I was told it was that we were sailing across the currnet or something like that. I spent the rest of the cruise doped up on Dramamine, but still had a blast. I still remember that first night though, holding on to the sides of my bed and wondering how much it would cost to have a helicopter come rescue me! LOL

Just had to look up Triton because I'm not very up on my Greek gods. I thought of Poseidon because of his Adventure. Which now has made me remember the plot of that movie and now I'm even more nervous about going on a cruise. Ugh.

Triton is Ariel's Daddy

Years ago (could it really have been 1999??), I went on a cruise with some girlfriends. We went in early November to miss hurricane season and still get pre-holiday rates. Sailing from Port Canaveral toward Bahamas, we encountered some rough seas. I was told it was that we were sailing across the currnet or something like that. I spent the rest of the cruise doped up on Dramamine, but still had a blast. I still remember that first night though, holding on to the sides of my bed and wondering how much it would cost to have a helicopter come rescue me! LOL

hmmmmm that is pretty bad.

Hey, Nicki I'm reading your trip report!! :heartsmiley:

Hey Doodle I'm doing laundry whilst updating my TR. Nobody to talk to in the Comfort Station...

So it's laundry time which means you get another update today (hey, even at the Fort chores have to be done and I have to be entertained whilst doing them)-

So what happens when a deck party is rained out? Why they move it down into the Atrium. What happens when half the ship assembles in the Atrium?

Ok, not so bad. You wanna head down?

DSCN0317.JPG

Hmmm... let's just watch from here.

DSCN0328.JPG

It's the Halloween Party -

DSCN0332.JPG

DSCN0331.JPG

Here is the gang -

DSCN0342.JPG

Now I have to say all the characters were really getting after it. I was actually afraid for those people on the floor. After all who knows how good pluto's eyesight is.

DSCN0345.JPG

Can you find all the characters?

DSCN0344.JPG

Shazam....

DSCN0361.JPG

Can you tell me what's so special about these two characters?

DSCN0363.JPG

One of them loves their wife a whole lot.... just saying.

Go Pluto, go Pluto, go Pluto

DSCN0374.JPG

Minnie is making the magic...

DSCN0375.JPG

I will be the first to admit the spasticness of my picture taking or maybe Giovanni just got to our room early. I'm not sure but here is our next towel Origami. Notice how he incorporated my sunglasses.

DSCN0395.JPG

Then the origami had an incident that may or may not have included the imaginary kids -

DSCN0396.JPG

I know Dave is going to lament the lack of pood forn but I could barely look at it much less take pictures of it. So let's move on to the next day. After not eating breakfast in the Royal Palace, I had ordered the French Toast, Pancake, Waffle trio....

Notice that the tube is once again just collecting condensation but also check out the wave action of that pool.

DSCN0398.JPG

DSCN0403.JPG

Here is a nice pretty shot of the ocean from the 11th deck -

DSCN0399.JPG

DSCN0400.JPG

Now check this out. See all that rope....

DSCN0401.JPG

I just have to say that these people were determined to not let the weather effect their vacations at ALL -

DSCN0404.JPG

As soon as I have more time and/or figure out how to post video, I have one of the waves in the pool for you. Until now it's goodnight for tomorrow I have some park time that I need rest for.....

So last I left you we were up on Deck 11 checking out the non-party and look even this was closed so no ice cream to make it all better-

DSCN0405.JPG

So I discovered a little secret. The stairs are the key to surprise character meets. If you are going down from the top deck take the stairs every so often and you might get rewarded with this

DSCN0407.JPG

We then headed down to eat for lunch but other than my Granny Smith all I got was pictures of these waves. Shawn and the kids however did enjoy the food.

DSCN0410.JPG

On the way back to take a rest when the stomach wouldn't allow the mouth to eat anything besides a Granny Smith Apple

DSCN0414.JPG

I believe Lorna should recognize this number as she had this same room before us. Maybe that's why it felt so comfy, it already had some fiend family visiting.

DSCN0415.JPG

Now I have to say this was a sweet room to have. It was one of the Accessible Rooms and quite roomy for a cruise.

At this point I have to admit that we just didn't take many more pictures. Most of the activities inside were standing room only. Shawn and the Imaginary Son had gone off to do the detective thing and DD was in the Oceaneers Club. I did get these last few while wandering around the ship BUT at this point you couldn't even get outside on the lower decks.

DSCN0430.JPG

That's right they had signs and ropes preventing anyone from exiting onto the lower outdoor areas.

Shuffle Board/Lifeboat Area -

DSCN0418.JPG

I wandered into the art gallery. I have a love of Thomas Kincade's work and his Disney stuff doesn't disappoint. I thought I had taken more photos of his work but alas I did not.... fail.

DSCN0422.JPG

More fun seas -

DSCN0427.JPG

DSCN0428.JPG

DSCN0429.JPG

DSCN0432.JPG

DSCN0433.JPG

DSCN0434.JPG

After this I decided to just settle in one of the Porthole windows and watch. I was already feeling pretty nauseous and dind't think it could hurt more. It actually helped but just a little or more likely the occasional streak of sunlight hitting my window....

DSCN0435.JPG

DSCN0437.JPG

I call this one "Hallelujah"

DSCN0438.JPG

Here is a nice POV shot -

DSCN0440.JPG

All this watching put me in an introspective mood but it was time I finally got moving. Not sure why but it seems you always know when it's time to move even if you don't have somewhere to go.

DSCN0441.JPG

Next Up Last Night of the Cruise...