Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

Thanks, Stef!

Yes, Lou is such a softie. Wish he would start posting here again!

We don't have manatees in NC, so it's a real treat for us to see them. Especially seeing their antics underwater. They seem like gentle giants, and I really feel sorry for those that get injured.

Just got a call from my son in Raleigh -- he and his family are coming here for the day. I get to see half my grandchildren! Yea! So I will have to pick up the TR later.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

Sorry about the RV issues, but sounds like all would be good if you just didn't run the heat and the dryer at the same time. And now that you know where the switch is......

Now about this "crappy" blue hose......I think it fits right in. Why spend money to replace something perfectly good?

Glad you had a great time and had plenty of pixie dust!

Gwen-

I am all caught up too.

You are doing a great job.

I am still loving all your photos.

Yes, you do get bragging rights for your photos from your Lou tour.

And, I have never heard of anyone getting a behind the scenes tour at the Living Seas, so bragging rights for that too!

Have fun with the grandchildren!

TCD

Thanks, Andrew!

Kudos on the manatee behind the scenes tour! That definitely qualifies as a magical moment!

Thanks to you too, Kim. It definitely was magical!

I saw the moon and rainbow tooo.....

If you didn't I'd be worried about you! Where are you now?

Sorry about the RV issues, but sounds like all would be good if you just didn't run the heat and the dryer at the same time. And now that you know where the switch is......

Now about this "crappy" blue hose......I think it fits right in. Why spend money to replace something perfectly good?

Glad you had a great time and had plenty of pixie dust!

The problem was all my fault ... lesson learned.

Would you like my used blue sewer hose? (just kidding)

Thanks for reading along!

Awesome update!!!

Thanks, Carol. Your TR is awesome too!

Gwen, that is some awesome Pixie Dust to go behind the scenes to learn more about the Manatees! Love all your pictures and think the moon and the rainbow were cool! I hope you enjoy the time with the grandkids!

Thanks again, Rita. Had a wonderful time with the grandkids, but they wore me out as always! M and E have 4 children, and the oldest is 6. Don't know how they do it every day.

Hope to start back on the TR in the morning.

loved seeing the behind the scenes pics!!!

Also how awesome was it to get to learn about how they work with the manatees! I would of loved that!!!

Thanks. We loved it too!

Sorry I've been AWOL on this TR. I've spent most of the day talking to the VA about my dad's benefits and researching assisted living. We need to take action quickly before my mother has a nervous breakdown. Another update very soon.

Saturday, November 3 – A Personal Crisis! -- Where is the Pixie Dust when we Really Need It?

We planned an early visit to DHS, but we got derailed by a 7 am call from home. When the phone rings at 7 am and you're on vacation, it's never good news! It was my mother saying that my father was in the hospital with pneumonia. If you recall, we had to postpone a trip last January/February because Dad nearly died from pneumonia and spent a month in rehab learning to walk again.

I immediately started cleaning in preparation for an early exit.

It would take us two days to get home, and in that time one of two things would happen: he would pass away, or he would be drastically improved.

Talked to Rita about what was going on (Rita, thanks for much for putting up with me!) and then Carol (thanks to you too). At that point I was a basket case and really didn't know what to do.

Mom said for us to stay where are for the moment …

So with heavy hearts we went to the boat dock. I started snapping photos right and left thinking this might be our last time seeing all this for this trip.

We caught the boat to the MK to make our final purchases just in case we got the call to hurry home.

DSCN0221.jpg

DSCN0222.jpg

DSCN0223.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0225.jpg

DSCN0226.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0228.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

DSCN0239.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0247.jpg

DSCN0250.jpg

The Haunted Mansion stopped here and I was able to get this good photo of the bride:

DSCN0253.jpg

Nearing my picture limit ... will continue.

Saturday, November 3 – A Personal Crisis! -- Where is the Pixie Dust when we Really Need It? -- Part 2

Notice how the wires and sockets on the stonework are beige and those on the roof are blue:

DSCN0256.jpg

Disney doesn't miss a detail!

DSCN0257.jpg

Merida's meet and greet:

DSCN0258.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

We took our purchases back to the fort.

DSCN0260.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

See how good my new tea kettle looks in the moho kitchen:

DSCN0397.jpg

I'd been wanting it ever since I first saw it in March. I couldn't go home again without it!

And David got me a Mickey watch for Christmas:

DSCN0299.jpg

Still didn't have an update on Dad, so we went to EPCOT for our ADR at Biergarten.

DSCN0263.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

My lunch started with cauliflower soup, which was really good but I couldn't get a decent picture of it:

DSCN0270.jpg

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0271.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

DSCN0276.jpg

And more photos in the restaurant:

DSCN0274.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

DSCN0279.jpg

DSCN0283.jpg

DSCN0284.jpg

DSCN0286.jpg

DSCN0288.jpg

IBALT -- at least 25 years -- since we've eaten at the Biergarten. The food was good. We both enjoyed the experience. We'd definitely go back, but not for awhile.

Pixie dust finally arrived! About this time I got good news from Mom that Dad’s final test results came back better than expected. His pneumonia wasn’t nearly as severe as it was back in January. He was expected to go home after a few days in the hospital.

So I breathed a sigh of relief and we made our way out of EPCOT.

DSCN0289.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg

David went back to take Kassie for a walk, and I hopped over to MK to finally meet TCD:

DSCN0291.jpg

I then visited Guest Services to try to get admission to the passholders’ preview of the New Fantasyland. Explained my difficulties and frustration with the web site registration. After waiting over a half hour, I finally got confirmation for a visit on Tuesday morning.

We then went to the 900 loop to say goodbye to the many fiends who would be leaving in the morning. And we finally met Loretta and Matthew:

MatthewandLorettaSlozer.jpg

They only live 20 minutes from us, but we had never met. It was great to finally see them!

TJ gave us a valuable DVD. Thanks so much! We will really enjoy it! Okay, I forgive him for the drenching on Kali.

Bye, all! Have a safe trip home! Had a blast and hope to see you again!

Love the update Gwen!!! I can't imagine how you felt that morning, and I'm sorry my words were inadequate. I also remember you describing some of your mother's passive agressive tendancies, so I'm hoping your mother's "stay put" words were not said in a way that made you feel worse.

Fiend prayer is a powerful thing and it looks like it workded!!!!

Carol, your words were IN NO WAY inadequate! You just being there made me feel so much comforted! I chose to believe my mother's "stay put" words were out of concern for us, and we tried to make the best of a bad situation.

Yes, Fiend prayer is a powerful thing! Thank you to all of us who prayed for us! Being away from home when something like this occurs is a scary thing, but we were so comforted knowing you were all there for us.

Wow, Gwen.

I didn't realize you had such a stressful Saturday. I knew from talking to you that you had received some bad news about your dad, but I didn't know it was that bad.

So sorry you had this to deal with while at the Fort.

Your new teakettle does look good!

I have never eaten inside the Biergarten. I always figured there is no way my kids would eat anything in there. But, now that we have all done the Food and Wine Festival a few times, I think they might be ready.

And great job getting that bride photo! You really captured her creepiness.

TCD

Wow, Gwen.

I didn't realize you had such a stressful Saturday. I knew from talking to you that you had received some bad news about your dad, but I didn't know it was that bad.

So sorry you had this to deal with while at the Fort.

Your new teakettle does look good!

I have never eaten inside the Biergarten. I always figured there is no way my kids would eat anything in there. But, now that we have all done the Food and Wine Festival a few times, I think they might be ready.

And great job getting that bride photo! You really captured her creepiness.

TCD

Thanks! Yes, Saturday was a stressful day. Really enjoyed getting to meet you!

Yes, you should take the twins to the Biergarten. They would enjoy it.

As for the bride photo, I'm happy we were stopped there for a good photo. But I would have been happier stopped at the dining room area for a good photo there!

Gwen, I'm so glad you came by that morning. I wish I could have been more helpful, but I know words are just inadequate sometimes. I'm so glad things turned out well with your Dad. I can't imagine the stress you were going through. I hope that we are able to see each other again soon!

Gwen, I'm glad it worked out for your dad... Thank you for the trip report. I'll be praying for him.

Thank you for your prayers! Dad is home but is very frail. Mom just can't handle their daily needs any more. We really need to get them moved into assisted living quickly.

It was great to finally meet you too. It was a whirlwind visit that night meeting so many friends. Love love all of your pictures. Looking forward to your view of the new Fantasyland.

I took between 300 and 400 pictures that last day, mostly of the new Fantasyland. Can't wait to share them!

This was a really great update! YOur photos are just beautiful.

I"m so sorry that you had such a stressful day, but very glad the fiends were there to help you through it. :)

I. Love. The. Tea kettle.

Thank you! Glad you are enjoying my photos. Yes, the fiends really helped me out that day. Just knowing their concern and prayers kept me going.

Great report Gwen! Glad I'm off the hook! :walk-plank-smiley:

:rofl2:

Gwen, I'm so glad you came by that morning. I wish I could have been more helpful, but I know words are just inadequate sometimes. I'm so glad things turned out well with your Dad. I can't imagine the stress you were going through. I hope that we are able to see each other again soon!

Rita, you were so helpful! You were there for me when I needed a shoulder to cry on! Thank you, thank you!

I've been up nearly 5 hours already this morning, so it's time to get this TR going again!

Sunday, November 4, 2012 -- I'm Gonna Pass Out!

We again had breakfast at Trail's End. I've never seen TE so crowded! About 3/4 of the tables were occupied!

DSCN0303.jpg

My meal (looks like all the others):

DSCN0300.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0302.jpg

DSCN0304.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

Went by Doodle's site to say goodbye but she had already left:

DSCN0306.jpg

This was a sad-looking site and sight!

We went back to Dolly to change clothes and take Kassie for a walk, then went to DHS.

DSCN0307.jpg

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0309.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0312.jpg

We got there around 10:30. FPs for TSM were already for 4:30, and we weren't planning to stay that long so we didn't get to ride it.

David visited One Man's Dream

DSCN0316.jpg

while I went to Animation Academy.

DSCN0313.jpg

Lucky TCD got to draw Mickey twice -- I got stuck with Woody.

I got started off on the wrong foot with a too-slim face, and it just went downhill from there. I'm only showing you my awful drawing so you can get a good laugh out of it:

DSCN0314.jpg

Then we just walked around soaking up the atmosphere.

DSCN0315.jpg

DSCN0319.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

DSCN0328.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

Nearing picture limit -- will continue.