Our Wildest Halloween Ride through the Wilderness!

Friday, October 26 continued

This is a great gift shop:

Picture057.jpg

This guy was very serious about his apple-coating technique:

Picture058.jpg

Some of the selections available:

Picture061.jpg

Picture062.jpg

And I took this photo just because something in it appealed to me:

Picture060.jpg

Then we used our FPs for Peter Pan … David’s favorite attraction. Our next stop was the ice cream parlor (last trip it was closed for the duration, and we couldn’t wait to go again!) for some of our favorite snacks.

Picture076.jpg

We decided to leave the park.

Picture078.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture080.jpg

Yes, you will!

Thanks to Hurricane Sandy’s high winds, all the boats had stopped operation. So we had to take a bus to Wilderness Lodge and then another one to the fort.

Had leftover GAG for dinner and then crashed.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wanna go back... and I want everyone to come toooooooo

Friday, November 2 – Major Pixie Dust! -- Part 1 Had breakfast in the moho, then we had another long wait at the bus stop. Finally got to EPCOT: How often do you see a rainbow and the moon at the sa

Thank you! I have to be awake at 5am to receive more pixie dust tomorrow but I can't sleep. David has been snoring for an hour. I'm frustrated.

Let's continue on ...

Friday, October 26, 2012 – Sandy Rears Her Ugly Head

We had breakfast at Trail’s End.

For years I’ve complained about the bacon at TE – thin and the flavor of what I suspect cardboard tastes like. Well, surprise, surprise! Today the bacon was thick and chewy and oh, so good! It’s making me hungry just thinking about it.

Real bacon?!?!? I HATE normal Disney bacon. They even serve that pre-cooked crap in the castle, so this is big news!!!!!!!

periodic checkin...good job

Thanks, Nicki!

Real bacon?!?!? I HATE normal Disney bacon. They even serve that pre-cooked crap in the castle, so this is big news!!!!!!!

Yes, REAL BACON! I was shocked but so, so happy! I thought maybe it was a park-wide change, but then we got the cardboard variety later in another more expensive location.

Have a magical day!

Enjoy your final day, hope it's a great one!

Thank you! It's been good so far but also frustrating. It's been a hurry up and wait day.

Gwen-

I hope your last day is full of Pixie Dust!

I am looking forward to some more of your great photos!

TCD

I've taken more photos today than I ever remember taking in one day! Unfortunately this morning was very overcast and I don't know how good they will be.

It's so sad to leave. Hope your day today is fun and photo filled. Waiting for the next installment of your trip report. :popcorn:

I probably won't get to post another update til we're on the road. Starting to clean Dolly now. We'll go back in the MK a little later to say goodbye, then leave early in the morning.

Great photos Gwen! Especially love the train shot.

I giggled at Peter Pan being David's favorite attraction. He doesn't look like the Peter Pan type. :)

Peter Pan has something to do with childhood memories. I think it's funny too!

If I haven't said so, Great TR.

I, too, noticed real bacon at TE recently. I wonder if it has anything to do with their lunch menu? They had the really, really good bacon on their bacon cheeseburgers when I last had one.

Thanks. I hope the real bacon stays on the breakfast buffet.

I was reading along and enjoying your report, but I have to hi-jack right quick. First, we drove by your campsite several times and didn't notice anyone stirring so we didn't stop. Second, what is this about the famous TCD coming by.

I think he came by the fort late that day. But I met him in Fantasyland.

Thanks for reading! Sorry we weren't home when you came by.

Saturday, October 27 – Never Listen to TJ!

Had protein bars for breakfast, then went looping for a little while. TJ and a couple of other fiends told me that only a few people get wet on Kali River Rapids – the ones who go backwards down the slide. Everyone else would stay pretty dry.

So we were off to AK. Again, a terrible wait for the bus. EPCOT, internal, internal, DD, HS, internal, internal, EPCOT, internal, then finally AK.

DSCN9770.jpg

Finally we arrived.

DSCN9790.jpg

DSCN9791.jpg

We did both walking trails. The hippos weren’t feeling very photogenic this morning. If you look through the filthy glass to just under the bird, you can barely see one:

DSCN9772.jpg

Gorillas:

DSCN9776.jpg

DSCN9777.jpg

And my favorite gorilla photo:

DSCN9775.jpg

DSCN9780.jpg

Bats:

DSCN9793.jpg

DSCN9795.jpg

DSCN9796.jpg

That’s enough of those creepy bats. Let’s move on to my favorites – the tigers!

DSCN9797.jpg

DSCN9799.jpg

DSCN9803.jpg

DSCN9804.jpg

DSCN9808.jpg

DSCN9809.jpg

DSCN9811.jpg

I didn’t know tigers eat grass:

DSCN9816.jpg

Okay, let’s move along.

DSCN9819.jpg

DSCN9820.jpg

LOOK OUT, DAVE! DIVINE ALERT!

This DiVine was the one we’d never seen. I think the one I had pictures of in my March 2012 TR was much better than this one.

DSCN9786.jpg

DSCN9787.jpg

Then we donned our dollar store ponchos and rode Kali River Rapids (a first).

DSCN9823.jpg

DSCN9824.jpg

DSCN9826.jpg

We were so wet from Kali despite our ponchos … in fact, everyone on our raft was absolutely drenched. We had 3-4 inches of water in the bottom of the raft when we disembarked. So never listen to TJ again!

We then went in search of a warm place to eat lunch.

DSCN9827.jpg

DSCN9828.jpg

And settled on Restaurantosaurus (another first):

DSCN9829.jpg

My BLT salad with chicken (yum) – it didn’t arrive looking like this. I added several items from the toppings bar:

DSCN9832.jpg

After lunch we made our way to Dinosaur.

DSCN9838.jpg

DSCN9841.jpg

DSCN9834.jpg

DSCN9842.jpg

But the wait time was terrible. We’re like TCD. We might wait 10 minutes. Otherwise, there’s always next time.

Still cold and wet and really tired, we went back to the fort. I visited with the fiends while David warmed up with a hot shower.

Cooked dinner and crashed early.